Blue Bombers Forum
February 02, 2023, 02:56:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good,Bad & Ugly  (Read 2178 times)
55StickCar

« on: August 12, 2022, 03:38:05 AM »

Good

Brady had a good game.
Ellingson

Bad

Should have ran the ball on the play Zach fumbled.
Offside on the goal line stand.
Punt it through the end zone on the last play of regulation.

Ugly

The two last F.G. attempts.

Ducky

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 03:46:42 AM »

Cant keep playing lousy football and expect to win every game.

Oline was awful.
Collaros with several bad decisions.
Questionable play calling on O.
Legghio with back to back fails.

Team needs a bye in the worst way.  Sad to lose at home. 
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 03:48:37 AM »

Good
D
Brady
Competitive fun game
Crowd
Nice night

Bad
O

UGLY
Need to make those 3s

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 04:35:48 AM »

Good: Nice night with the kid, finally scored a new jersey for him (adult small!)
Bad: Losing the gimmee
Ugly: Leggs, Leggs, Leggs and Leggs.  And Leggs.  And refs.  And Rutledge unforgivable if he really was O/S when I watch on TV.  And OL, holy moly.  And Leggs.

My big GBU might follow, if I have any strength left after a rewatch.

YOU KICK IT MASSIVELY HIGH AND HARD FROM THE 20 WHEN 1 POINT CAN WIN IT.  You don't pussyfoot it!  Failure of kicker, failure of coaching, failure of communication.  Or it was fixed.

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 04:47:27 AM »

UGLY: Our superstar DL losing out to the who-are-they MTL DL.  Sad.

Never go full Rider!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 04:52:40 AM »

Good:

- Zach taking us down the field and getting us in easy FG range in the dying minutes for the W!

- Brady Olivera running hard all night

- Zach escaping pressure and hitting  Schoen for his 8th TD reception

Bad:

- Zach turning the ball over while we were in FG range.    A FG there would have likely been enough to win it.  

-Zach getting sacked 5 times and pressured all night

- Our D with only 1 sack

- our special teams kick off and punt coverage giving up too many yards

Ugly:

- fingertip offside by Rutledge on the goal line stand...

- Legghio missing two consecutive FGs....one for a win and one a tie

-

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
NewBlue

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2022, 12:31:47 PM »

Good:
The last drive that should have sealed the deal
The scramble & TD toss
Seeing Alexander & Couture looking healthy on the sidelines. 

Bad:
Waiting in line for beers/food for 30 minutes

Ugly:
Leaving right at the end of the game, going straight to the car & home, and still not getting home until midnight. I won't be parking at 5 Guys again!
Those Jerseys.  Bad mojo.
The goalline stand being taken away.
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 01:23:18 PM »

We arrived at 6:45 had no problem getting food and drinks. Left also at the end of the game, was home in in 25 minutes. But with over 31,000 you have to expect a few delays or lineups.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
TBURGESS

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2022, 01:25:25 PM »

The Good:
We're in first and will be in first no matter what happens in the bye week.
Bighill - All over the field again.
Collaros - Kept us in the game despite being chased and hit.
Brady O - Some great runs.
The Bad:
Playing down to the other teams level again.
The O line - Got beat badly and often.
Stupid offside that turned 0 into 7.
The Ugly:
Leggs - Misses an easy one to take it to overtime.
Leggs - Misses an easy one to lose the game.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
NewBlue

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2022, 01:59:41 PM »

We arrived at 6:45 had no problem getting food and drinks. Left also at the end of the game, was home in in 25 minutes. But with over 31,000 you have to expect a few delays or lineups.

Yes, I also easily got drinks early, but like to get another before halftime. Concourse was packed with 5 mins left in the half.  Going cashless has made it alot slower.
As far as leaving, it took us 25 mins just to get out of the stadium. Unless you were right by the gate or live next to the staduim (which I certainlt don't) it takes a heck of a lot more time than 25 mins.
Hope they have the constuction done (slim chance) by Banjo Bowl. No way I'm driving to that game.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2022, 02:27:30 PM »

We always park at Jysk. Longer walk but we got out right away!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2022, 02:50:08 PM »

We always park at Jysk. Longer walk but we got out right away!

Do you pay to park there?
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2022, 04:23:46 PM »

Do you pay to park there?
no

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
gordo

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2022, 04:36:53 PM »

Good: Nice night with the kid, finally scored a new jersey for him (adult small!)
Bad: Losing the gimmee
Ugly: Leggs, Leggs, Leggs and Leggs.  And Leggs.  And refs.  And Rutledge unforgivable if he really was O/S when I watch on TV.  And OL, holy moly.  And Leggs.

My big GBU might follow, if I have any strength left after a rewatch.

YOU KICK IT MASSIVELY HIGH AND HARD FROM THE 20 WHEN 1 POINT CAN WIN IT.  You don't pussyfoot it!  Failure of kicker, failure of coaching, failure of communication.  Or it was fixed.

Totally agree with the bolded.  And maybe he was trying to blast it but he hit it so poorly it had no chance.  Not enough good contact.  Kind of like when you get your driver out on the long par 5 and swing out of your shoes but heel it 20 yards to the left.

I said the same and I'm sure it was the opinion of most.  Just kick the shyte out of it. Making the FG is secondary to getting the ball through the end zone for the single.

I've said all along, this guy makes me nervous on every kick.  We're going into playoffs with another great team but could be knocked out with another bad kicking performance.

But O'shea's post game comments were in support of him (as expected).  Yes he's 90% Mike but who do you want kicking the 40 yarder in the Western Final to win the game?  Not this guy.
theaardvark

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2022, 05:16:42 PM »

Totally agree with the bolded.  And maybe he was trying to blast it but he hit it so poorly it had no chance.  Not enough good contact.  Kind of like when you get your driver out on the long par 5 and swing out of your shoes but heel it 20 yards to the left.

I said the same and I'm sure it was the opinion of most.  Just kick the shyte out of it. Making the FG is secondary to getting the ball through the end zone for the single.

I've said all along, this guy makes me nervous on every kick.  We're going into playoffs with another great team but could be knocked out with another bad kicking performance.

But O'shea's post game comments were in support of him (as expected).  Yes he's 90% Mike but who do you want kicking the 40 yarder in the Western Final to win the game?  Not this guy.

Yup, he's a season veteran who should make those kicks... except he's in his sophomore season after a season where he shared FG duties. 

He's gotten better and better, both as a directional punter and as a FG kicker.  Is he there yet?  Maybe not as a K, but as a P, yes.  Can we airlift in a K at the end of the season again?  I'm guessing Castillo will be available again Wink , and I don't hold going for the bucks against him...

Liegghio will be on this roster as long as he keeps punting the way he does.  Whether he kicks FG's will depend on ratio and roster. 

Every FG kicker has the capacity to miss a big kick, and sometimes, fans will dump manure on him for it.  Even if you are a hall of famer, you can still have an off day. 

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/frustrated-riders-fans-target-kicker-s-home-1.484924

CBC Sports ? Posted: Nov 15, 2004 9:42 AM ET | Last Updated: November 15, 2004

Some unhappy football fans took their anger out on the home of Saskatchewan Roughrider Paul McCallum in Regina Sunday night.

The Rider kicker missed two field goals in Sunday's CFL West Division final against the B.C. Lions in Vancouver, including an 18-yard attempt in overtime.

The Riders lost 27-25, sending the Lions to the Grey Cup game against the Toronto Argonauts in Ottawa next Sunday (CBC, 4 p.m. ET).

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: