Nathan Rourke: progress during 2022 - injury update

Started by Blue In BC, August 11, 2022, 10:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Rourke throws for 488 yards and 75% completions. Several of his receivers actually dropped passes I thought they should have caught. YIKES

Gutsy too. 3rd and 2 and he throws a 40+ yard strike into at least double coverage. Right on the money.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

He gave up a pick 6, and the Lions gave up a special teams TD, yet they still beat the Stamps, at home, and they didn?t have Butler or their running game!!

We play them back to back to close the season out. Our playoffs start 2 weeks before everyone else?s and am hoping we can survive the 2 games vs the Lions and then the oncoming playoff games . That?s a lot of intense football when other teams will be resting their key players.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on August 14, 2022, 05:24:23 PM
He gave up a pick 6, and the Lions gave up a special teams TD, yet they still beat the Stamps, at home, and they didn?t have Butler or their running game!!

We play them back to back to close the season out. Our playoffs start 2 weeks before everyone else?s and am hoping we can survive the 2 games vs the Lions and then the oncoming playoff games . That?s a lot of intense football when other teams will be resting their key players.

You never know, but it's hard to see the Lions losing to any other teams other than the Bombers or Stamps at this point, if the Bombers want to hold on to first they can't afford to slip up and underperform like they did against the Als again.

The Zipp

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 14, 2022, 05:35:29 PM
You never know, but it's hard to see the Lions losing to any other teams other than the Bombers or Stamps at this point, if the Bombers want to hold on to first they can't afford to slip up and underperform like they did against the Als again.

I was expecting Rourke to slump about now...not sure if that is going to happen.  Riders do have a pretty good defence maybe they can get to him. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: The Zipp on August 14, 2022, 05:50:15 PM
I was expecting Rourke to slump about now...not sure if that is going to happen.  Riders do have a pretty good defence maybe they can get to him. 

LOL thanks for the Sunday humour, no matter how well the Rider D does, Fajardo won't be able to keep up.

dd

No way the Riders offense can trade punches with the Lions. When the stamps score the pick six, it didn?t even phase the lions, it?s like big deal, we re scoring 40 today. They are a scary team and the team for us to beat to get to the grey cup. I just hope we don?t burn out beating them only to exhaust ourselves for the GC, but that?s a looooong way off yet

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on August 14, 2022, 07:28:07 PM
No way the Riders offense can trade punches with the Lions. When the stamps score the pick six, it didn?t even phase the lions, it?s like big deal, we re scoring 40 today. They are a scary team and the team for us to beat to get to the grey cup. I just hope we don?t burn out beating them only to exhaust ourselves for the GC, but that?s a looooong way off yet
I trust our D more than BCs. Zach I?d just as good if not better than Rourke at this point. WR and RBs are par. There place kicker is more consistent though. I like our coaching better to.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: The Zipp on August 14, 2022, 05:50:15 PM

Accurate QBs, with his pocket awareness don't slump.

bluengold204

We already beat the lions once they do not scare me no matter how many times Rourke puts up 500 yard games against mediocre teams.

pjrocksmb

If Riders have the right schemes and win the turnover battle they could beat him (i won't bet on that though lol)

dd

Quote from: bluengold204 on August 14, 2022, 09:52:44 PM
We already beat the lions once they do not scare me no matter how many times Rourke puts up 500 yard games against mediocre teams.
We played a perfect game against them and Zack was lights out. If we aren?t hitting on all cylinders, like several games we ve played this year, we ll get it handed to us. BC has been the more consistent team by far this year. And you can trivialize putting up 500 yds against mediocre teams, but we just lost to one, and struggled against the lowly Elks.

PurpleReign

Quote from: Stretch on August 14, 2022, 04:59:00 PM
Also unfortunate if/when he goes to the NFL is that he'll likely be a clipboard holder.

Just like Flutie and Garcia  ;D

Throw Long Bannatyne

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: bluengold204 on August 14, 2022, 09:52:44 PM

If the Al's can beat you guys, than so can a better team like the Lion's.  They could still end up winning the west.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on August 15, 2022, 05:50:23 PM
If the Al's can beat you guys, than so can a better team like the Lion's.  They could still end up winning the west.

And yet, the Bombers mopped the floor with the Lions a month ago. In BC, no less.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.