Drew Desjarlais and other CFL'ers in the NFL

Started by Blue In BC, August 11, 2022, 10:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on August 16, 2022, 11:14:41 PM
If he decides to come back to CFL it would be with the RedBlacks, as they retained his rights.

Here's a list
https://3downnation.com/2022/07/26/comprehensive-guide-to-canadians-and-former-cfl-players-in-nfl-training-camps-in-2022/

Ottawa has a number of players in NFL camps right now.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Lincoln Locomotive

I noticed some teams had the rights to many of those players on the list provided.   There were also quite a few players no CFL teams had rights to.  The Bombers didn't have rights to any of the players on this list including Desjarlais and Streveler.   Why is that?   Can someone explain how teams retain rights to certain players and some players are unclaimed?
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 17, 2022, 01:46:41 PM
I noticed some teams had the rights to many of those players on the list provided.   There were also quite a few players no CFL teams had rights to.  The Bombers didn't have rights to any of the players on this list including Desjarlais and Streveler.   Why is that?   Can someone explain how teams retain rights to certain players and some players are unclaimed?
correct me if I am wrong but it depending what the players co tract status was prior to departure.

the paw

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 17, 2022, 01:46:41 PM

A player using the NFL window part way through his contract still has to honour his CFL contract if he is cut.

Players who try out for the NFL at the end of their CFL contract are free agents if they are cut.  All the bomber players happen to fall in the second category. 
grab grass 'n growl

The Zipp

Sounds like drew got some offensive snaps and special teams.  Can't really find anything about performance. 

I was reading the charts wrong before - changed that post

Blue In BC

Quote from: The Zipp on August 20, 2022, 04:45:10 PM
Doesn't sound like desjarlais got a lot of snaps in during the last game.  From what I could find he played special teams only. 

Was that the 2nd of 3 pre season games? Do we know whether he got any large signing / guaranteed money?

NFL 2nd round of cuts is Tuesday down to 80. NFL final roster is 53 + 16 on PR. Those not released next week stand a very good chance to make at least a PR. There will be a few players headed to IR on most teams.   So I wouldn't think there will be too many actual releases after Tuesday that don't end up on PR or IR.

Good luck to Drew but we'd welcome him back in an instant if he decides to return to the CFL.

I see D. Desmond has returned to Ottawa.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Jets against the Falcons tonight

Strev:  8/11   119 yards, 1TD, 1 Int.   6/33 Rushing Looking very fast blowing past Alford tonight.

Alford:  2 ST's.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

3rdand1.5

Quote from: Pigskin on August 23, 2022, 03:14:03 AM
Jets against the Falcons tonight

Strev:  8/11   119 yards, 1TD, 1 Int.   6/33 Rushing Looking very fast blowing past Alford tonight.

Alford:  2 ST's.

Both guys played well last night...not sure if the Jets can keep Strevelor but in two games he engineered two 2nd half comebacks to lead the Jets to wins while leading four TD drives and twice killing out the final clock, last night with his legs all while throwing only 1 int....and it went through his receivers hands, albeit Alford had fantastic coverage on the play.

Alford will not only make the Falcons I predict he makes the 53 man!

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 20, 2022, 05:10:14 PM
Was that the 2nd of 3 pre season games? Do we know whether he got any large signing / guaranteed money?

NFL 2nd round of cuts is Tuesday down to 80. NFL final roster is 53 + 16 on PR. Those not released next week stand a very good chance to make at least a PR. There will be a few players headed to IR on most teams.   So I wouldn't think there will be too many actual releases after Tuesday that don't end up on PR or IR.

Good luck to Drew but we'd welcome him back in an instant if he decides to return to the CFL.

I see D. Desmond has returned to Ottawa.

NFL still plays four preseason games.

Jockitch

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jockitch on August 23, 2022, 06:17:06 PM
appears to be just 3 Pre-Season games

The dropped the 4th game when the went from 16 to 17 regular season games.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on August 23, 2022, 05:32:30 PM
NFL still plays four preseason games.
no longer there is only 3. 17 reg season games now.

The Zipp

The kicking competition has ended - at least for now. #DallasCowboys cut Lirim Hajrallahu among five roster moves Tuesday to get down to 80 players.