Drew Desjarlais and other CFL'ers in the NFL

Started by Blue In BC, August 11, 2022, 10:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

The Patriots game is on locally 1 1/2 hours before the Bombers game. I'll watch part of that early to see if he starts, plays etc etc.

He's listed as 2nd on their depth chart at LG.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Tiger

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Blue In BC

I didn't see him at all when I was watching. I don't know if that is a good sign or a bad sign. NFL only has 3 pre season games and the ones most likely to be released 1st play in the 1st game. Starters and 2nd man up usually get little play in game 1.

Game 2 might be more telling.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Atlanta falcons play tonight. Alford is listed as # 2 at RCB. Same problem as with Desjarlais. He may not see the field this game.

Last night it was a bunch of 3rd stringers starting the Patriots game. So being the # 2 depth chart may be positive signs for both players?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 12, 2022, 05:28:34 PM
Atlanta falcons play tonight. Alford is listed as # 2 at RCB. Same problem as with Desjarlais. He may not see the field this game.

Last night it was a bunch of 3rd stringers starting the Patriots game. So being the # 2 depth chart may be positive signs for both players?

Desjarlais was listed #2 even before TC began so that could be adjusted up or down once players hit the field, game time will be used to determine the final ranking.

The Zipp

Changed the title to include others as well.

Alford had a fantastic game last night, including a great INT

Strevy came in and drove the Jets for a winning TD in the fourth

Blue In BC

I switched to the Atlanta game just in time to see Alford get his pic. He seemed to be playing a lot in the 3rd Q. Didn't catch the 4th Q though.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 13, 2022, 01:33:38 PM
I switched to the Atlanta game just in time to see Alford get his pic. He seemed to be playing a lot in the 3rd Q. Didn't catch the 4th Q though.

8 DT, 1 knockdown and a pick.... pretty solid showing, he won't be back soon....
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on August 13, 2022, 01:59:31 PM
8 DT, 1 knockdown and a pick.... pretty solid showing, he won't be back soon....

Very likely he can make their game day roster. He's a great player and the Falcons needed to improve their defence. He may have made the right choice in signing there.

It was only the 1st pre season game so we'll have to see how he does when more starters play ( opponents ).

I think at worst he gets a PR spot but based on his CFL time, I think he stands a good chance to make the roster.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bustamente

Kongbo got a sack late in the game against the Cowboys last night

pjrocksmb

Quote from: The Zipp on August 13, 2022, 01:02:38 PM
Changed the title to include others as well.

Alford had a fantastic game last night, including a great INT

Strevy came in and drove the Jets for a winning TD in the fourth

Nicey done and thanks for putting my links here

Blue In BC

Devonte Dedmond released by the Dolphins. It's possible he catches on with another NFL team but I'd expect him back in the CFL in the next couple of weeks. Where he lands is anybodies guess.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 16, 2022, 04:19:29 PM
Devonte Dedmond released by the Dolphins. It's possible he catches on with another NFL team but I'd expect him back in the CFL in the next couple of weeks. Where he lands is anybodies guess.

If he decides to come back to CFL it would be with the RedBlacks, as they retained his rights.

Here's a list
https://3downnation.com/2022/07/26/comprehensive-guide-to-canadians-and-former-cfl-players-in-nfl-training-camps-in-2022/