Blue Bombers Forum
October 05, 2022, 08:28:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Transportation Information during Road Construction  (Read 1517 times)
TecnoGenius

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2022, 04:40:40 AM »

Wow, watching them direct most/all near-stadium traffic east on Chancellor and north on U.Crescent was insane.  Glad glad glad I didn't park anywhere except my secret spot.  Not a single wait for anything.

There's going to be a lot of grumbling about that fiasco.  I assume the construction will take all the rest of the summer, so next game should be awful too.  Gotta bus it folks.  Or find secret spots!!  Wink Wink

Never go full Rider!
theaardvark

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2022, 03:01:36 PM »

In and out with much more ease than any game in Toronto (football, hockey, baseball).  Easier than any Jets game I have attended (new arena or old). Frame of reference is always nice...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Stretch

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2022, 04:13:24 PM »

Not a lot of feedback about this since yesterday's game. I guess some people are still trying to get out.  Grin

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
theaardvark

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2022, 05:21:47 PM »

Not a lot of feedback about this since yesterday's game. I guess some people are still trying to get out.  Grin

Or people found the issue "unremarkable"

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
DM83

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2022, 06:27:39 PM »

Getting out of U lot isn't worth the effort.  It was a joke
Why don't they expedite the process..  Open four lanes to exit.  No one realistically is coming into the university at 10:00 pm.

We don't even try to leave.   We bring a few beers, and "tailgate" joking with the people lined up in their cars as they enviously see us reviewing the game.

The use of credit cards only is discouraging, with the machines used must be five years old and don't process tap technology or so it seems.

the " at game " experience has seriously deteriorated.

Previous season ticket holders are no where to be seen.  Not really worth thenPinnacle lounge experience price of $140.00 a game.

Staying home solves the parking problem.
theaardvark

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2022, 06:56:04 PM »

Why don't they expedite the process..  Open four lanes to exit.  No one realistically is coming into the university at 10:00 pm.

We don't even try to leave.   We bring a few beers, and "tailgate" joking with the people lined up in their cars as they enviously see us reviewing the game.

The use of credit cards only is discouraging, with the machines used must be five years old and don't process tap technology or so it seems.

Previous season ticket holders are no where to be seen.  Not really worth thenPinnacle lounge experience price of $140.00 a game.

31k disagree with you last night...

Pinnacle is $156/game... not $140...  and its still a bargain compared to Jets tickets...

Never had an issue with any of the debit machines, I guess my cards have cash available...

You read the title to the section, right?  There is construction... but still 2 lanes open exiting.  Was no issue for me...  and yes, there are cars coming in, Ubers, buses, and people picking up...

But yes, I think you should stay home...

blue_or_die

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2022, 08:35:48 PM »

We don't even try to leave.   We bring a few beers, and "tailgate" joking with the people lined up in their cars as they enviously see us reviewing the game.

You?ve been saying this for 9 years, since the new stadium opened.

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
bluengold204

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2022, 10:41:54 PM »

I dunno I like the cashless payments.  Tapping my credit card works every time and is quicker then fumbling around with change.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2022, 04:29:43 AM »

I bought chow from 4 different IGF vendors last night.  I think they had 3 different debit machine types!!  That meant it was a different sequence of 3-5 keypresses to make the purchase.  I couldn't apply what I learned at the first one to the other ones.  (The first one was hit 1 four times to get it done with a 10% tip; easy peasy.)

It would be beneficial if all of IGF could standardize on 1 terminal.  I'm also a receipt guy.  25% of the vendors say "no receipts" or "receipts not working".  IGF should have a policy you must provide a receipt if asked.  Who the heck knows what number the kids are punching into the machine.

And having the cash option again would be nice.  50/50 lines were worse not only due to the $100k bonus, but the slow terminal process.  They were so bad I didn't bother getting a 50/50 for the first time in forever.  I even went in very "off-hours" points of the game and there were still lines.  Where were the people walking around with 50/50 machines like they used to have?

Never go full Rider!
Stretch

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2022, 11:48:42 AM »

50/50 lines were worse not only due to the $100k bonus, but the slow terminal process.  They were so bad I didn't bother getting a 50/50 for the first time in forever.  I even went in very "off-hours" points of the game and there were still lines.  Where were the people walking around with 50/50 machines like they used to have?

Didn't want to try using the QR code from the seat back in front of you?

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
theaardvark

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2022, 01:48:30 PM »

I bought chow from 4 different IGF vendors last night.  I think they had 3 different debit machine types!!  That meant it was a different sequence of 3-5 keypresses to make the purchase.  I couldn't apply what I learned at the first one to the other ones.  (The first one was hit 1 four times to get it done with a 10% tip; easy peasy.)

It would be beneficial if all of IGF could standardize on 1 terminal.  I'm also a receipt guy.  25% of the vendors say "no receipts" or "receipts not working".  IGF should have a policy you must provide a receipt if asked.  Who the heck knows what number the kids are punching into the machine.

And having the cash option again would be nice.  50/50 lines were worse not only due to the $100k bonus, but the slow terminal process.  They were so bad I didn't bother getting a 50/50 for the first time in forever.  I even went in very "off-hours" points of the game and there were still lines.  Where were the people walking around with 50/50 machines like they used to have?

Any idea how much a debit machine costs?  These units will be used for 11 games max each year.  I'm surprised they have as new and as nice machines as they have.

As to receipt printers, not sure why someone needs a receipt for a beer or food purchase.  But, if that's a deal breaker, as "Is your receipt printer working?" before ordering, and if its not, try another kiosk. 

Cash is a bugger to work with in these environs, I can see never going back to it.  Balancing, counting, floats, deposits, possibility of theft or miscounting change, etc, make cash in that fast paced short window situation less than optimal. 

Weird thing, they put qr codes on uneven surfaces, so most do not scan.  I have to peel it off, flatten it out, shoot it, and then re-attach it... 

bluengold204

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2022, 03:03:07 PM »

I don?t do receipts.  The debit/credit machines show you what the kids are entering into the system before you confirm your purchase.

50/50 can be bought online too so you don?t need to stand in line
TecnoGenius

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2022, 02:56:36 AM »

As to receipt printers, not sure why someone needs a receipt for a beer or food purchase.  But, if that's a deal breaker, as "Is your receipt printer working?" before ordering, and if its not, try another kiosk. 

Because I am a receipt person who gets a receipt for everything, always.  To reconcile my statement each month.  Yes, there's still plenty of us out there.

I did try.  It wanted me to use location services and enable location in browser.  My gps is always off.  I'm in IT security and gps-tracking web app development.  I know full well what is done with location (and more) data.  If the 50/50 needs location data, I'm not buying online.

Funny, I've been at IGF for most of the "$100k start" 50/50 nights over the years and I've never seen the 50/50's that lined up the entire 3 quarters.  Crazy.

Never go full Rider!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2022, 03:34:15 AM »

You?ve been saying this for 9 years, since the new stadium opened.
Cheesy

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2022, 04:47:10 AM »

Because I am a receipt person who gets a receipt for everything, always.  To reconcile my statement each month.  Yes, there's still plenty of us out there.

I did try.  It wanted me to use location services and enable location in browser.  My gps is always off.  I'm in IT security and gps-tracking web app development.  I know full well what is done with location (and more) data.  If the 50/50 needs location data, I'm not buying online.

Funny, I've been at IGF for most of the "$100k start" 50/50 nights over the years and I've never seen the 50/50's that lined up the entire 3 quarters.  Crazy.

As it is a lottery purchase, and you need to be in Manitoba to purchase, yes, it need location on for that.  You can enable, buy the tickets, and then disable... and Big Brother will only get a glimpse of you being at IGF, which he gets from you posting here that you were there...

Just sayin'

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: