Blue Bombers Forum
October 05, 2022, 08:37:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: City football field to be named after CFL legend Mike O'Shea  (Read 554 times)
Tiger

« on: August 06, 2022, 03:47:20 AM »

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/city-football-field-to-be-named-after-cfl-legend-mike-oshea-5664116

North Bay will officially dedicate the football field at the Steve Omischl Sports Field Complex in honour of North Bay native Mike O?Shea in recognition of his successful career as a player and coach.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 04:14:06 AM »

Well deserved and congratulations Mike O'Shea.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
TecnoGenius

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 04:16:39 AM »

Awesome.

I say if he wins the threepeat he gets a statue here (even if we wait a few/many years).

Never go full Rider!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 12:16:08 PM »

Awesome.

I say if he wins the threepeat he gets a statue here (even if we wait a few/many years).

He is entering into the realm of greatness both as a player and now as a coach.   One thing should be noted, when MOS and KW inherited this team they were committed not only to turning the dumpster fire of a franchise around....but to build a dynasty and perennial contender.   I would say they accomplished this and yes it took some time, however it's one thing to turn things around in the short term and quite the accomplishment to succeed for the long term.   Not to forget Wade Miller who solidified the Bomber BOD when he took over in 2013 and provided the leadership at the top end necessary for Walters and O'Shea to succeed.   
Miller, Walters and O'Shea have become the "Three Amigos" of the Bomber football franchise and they all recognize that the fans and their support and loyalty are key components in the Bombers success story.

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 07:54:14 PM »

Miller, Walters and O'Shea have become the "Three Amigos" of the Bomber football franchise and they all recognize that the fans and their support and loyalty are key components in the Bombers success story.

That's it then, a statue of all 3!  Plaque under it says "Canadian Mafia".

Never go full Rider!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 09:58:07 PM »

Cheesy

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 10:45:35 PM »

I was thinking the same, hard to honour one when all three are equally deserving.
gordo

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2022, 10:54:23 PM »

Would be perfect and I think equal credit should go to all three of these guys for turning this organization around and building this championship team.
DM83

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2022, 03:06:43 AM »

Yeah it's the Canadian Mafia Einstein!  Hey with the program
Stretch

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2022, 12:03:00 PM »

Gotta make sure we invite Dave Dickenson to the unveiling.  Grin

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
bluebeard

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2022, 04:39:23 PM »

Would be perfect and I think equal credit should go to all three of these guys for turning this organization around and building this championship team.

And don't forget Richie Hall, the coach that most of us wanted fired at the beginning. Thank goodness O'Shea does not read this forum.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2022, 06:27:29 PM »

And don't forget Richie Hall, the coach that most of us wanted fired at the beginning. Thank goodness O'Shea does not read this forum.

Sorry, we're discussing statue status here, no coordinator ever is going to be a immortalised with a statue, but they can mention Richie on the plaque. 
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2022, 08:01:38 PM »

Bang on.  Defense wins championships and Halls been brilliant.

The entire coaching staff and management are building to legend status, not to mention the core players.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 02:03:48 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: