Blue Bombers Forum
August 14, 2022, 05:53:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good,Bad & Ugly  (Read 1037 times)
dd

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2022, 04:59:15 PM »

I am thinking with some.rest and home field advantsge, we 're going to lay a whuppin on the Al s and brown should get an opportunity to get some reps in in front of his home crowd.
CrazyCanuck89

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2022, 05:10:12 PM »

the Good

1.   was really impressed how the defensive line got pressure from literally everyone.  Only 3 sacks, but Jefferson, Sayles, Hansen also got consistent pressure.  

2.  I thought Winston Rose made some big plays tonight.  the one where he fought through he block to destroy the screen pass was especially good.

3.  Wolitarsky had a great game.  

4.  Oliveira with another solid, solid game.  Especially appreciate the last TD in garbage time, 'cause I picked him in fantasy.  

The Bad

5.  I didn't think Hallett did anything to particularly distinguish himself tonight.

6. 3 interceptions is never good. Fortunately, this did not dissuade Zac from taking his shots.  

7.  Can't be giving up those big returns.  Yikes.

8. We have been inordinately lucky with penalties breaking our way at critical times.  That pyramiding penalty was bizarre.  Nice to catch a break like that, but one of these weeks, we aren't going to dodge that bullet.  And momentum is a funny thing.  

The Ugly

9.  I can't help but be upset when I reflect on next year's CBA. The goofy changes to the ratio are going to steal reps from guys like Wolitarsky, Thomas, and probably Oliverira.  And that's a **** shame.  

You don't need to make a big hit or tackle to be noticeable.  Hallett is no Dequoy, but his coverage skills were decent yesterday.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2022, 05:33:36 PM »

You don't need to make a big hit or tackle to be noticeable.  Hallett is no Dequoy, but his coverage skills were decent yesterday.

Dequoy reminds me of Taylor Loffler, who could also lay the wood, good find for the Als.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 05:58:34 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2022, 06:04:11 PM »

I don't understand this view, of course every pro football player wants to play every down, the QB is no different.  That's not the way it works though, each player has a role to play including the backup QB, the starting QB should not have a veto or a vote that carries more weight than his teammates when determining what is best for the team.  It's a team game after all, you're all for allowing the fattest guy in the buffet line to cut in front, just because he wants more for himself. 

Two other potential answers:

Does ZC8, due to health questions in the past, have incentives for % snaps taken, or for other stats, yards, completions, etc?  Does taking him off the field take food off his table?

Second, we know what Brown can do, showed it when ZC8 got pulled by the spotter.  giving him more reps might make him more attractive for other teams to poach in the offseason.

Or, do our backups have bonuses for snaps / yards, completions and not ZC8?  Could giving him snaps be an SMS issue?

There are so many reason to make the decision as to who gets snaps.  I'm sure that MOS knows all the factors, and does not make his decision lightly.  Remember, in MOS we trust.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2022, 06:39:20 PM »

I think MOS is only concerned about winning football games, and if anyone has incentives in their contract I m sure that doesn?t even factor into his decisions. I don?t think he?s keeping Brown on the bench for fear someone might poach him, poaching is going to happen, it?s a fact of life?ask Lawler.

We just haven?t had a big enough lead to put Brown in. I think we get up by 21 in the 4th quarter we ll see brown, but a 14 point lead isn?t safe in this league and that?s the primary reason we haven?t seen Brown
Knocker42

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2022, 07:47:09 PM »

dd has it right.  The only thing that matters is winning the game.  Fans always want to see the back-up but coaches know what is important.  There will be lots of time for the back-up if and when first place is sewn up and not before.  He may get a quarter or so in a game that is won early but nothing more.
Nic16

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2022, 04:07:50 AM »

Good:
4th qtr
Schoen is so fun to watch.
Woli continues to show he is the most underrated receiver in the CFL.
Oliveira showing flashes of his big bro?#33.
ZC8 has the heart of a lion.
The tired Huggies coming up big in Q4.
The Dark side doing their thing pretty much all game once again?especially the goal line stand.
Grant?s return was executed to perfection.
Leggy?his best game yet!

Bad:
ZC8 in the 1st half
The ball placement in the ALS favour early in the game.
Dequoy was down at the 1 after the INT.
Clock usage at the end of the 1st half.

Ugly:
It?s easy?.The freakin horn!

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: