Blue Bombers Forum
August 14, 2022, 06:28:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good,Bad & Ugly  (Read 1038 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2022, 01:56:47 PM »

The Good:
9-0
Wolo, Schoen, Brady O all had a great games.
Grant's return TD to seal the game.
The picks after Montreal started pressing.
Keeping Montreal to FG's instead of TD's on the turnovers.
The Bad:
Collaros - 3 picks and a fumble, actually 2 fumbles but one was on an off side.
Playing down to the level of the competition again.
The Ugly:
Stupid horns.

Article 5 ? Pyramiding
Using the body of another player or the goal post assembly in any way to gain or maintain elevation or jump over the line in an attempt to block a field goal or a convert attempt.

I've never seen it called when the defence uses the offensive player to gain the advantage, but the rule doesn't say your own player, so it was the right call.

Meh, the guy didn't gain all that much height and didn't come close to touching the FG attempt, this is a case were the ref. should have kept the flag in his pocket as he altered the game drastically by throwing it and giving the Bombers another crack at a TD.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 02:21:39 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
TBURGESS

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2022, 02:00:27 PM »

Meh, the guy didn't gain all that much height and didn't come close to touching the FG attempt, this is a case were the ref. should have kept the flag in his pocket as he altered the game drastically by throwing it by giving the Bombers another crack at a TD.
I agree with you. In fact, I thought it was the wrong call until I looked it up.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
bwiser

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2022, 02:06:16 PM »

Interesting game.
The Good:
Montreal had the bye and showed up with a half dozen new plays.
Bombers regained their composure and started to get up to speed. As the half ended.
The Bombers ability to correct poor play.
Solid group of players.
Was that Grey not getting beat, now Hardwick  takes over...but only a couple plays.
Zach escaping the Pocket.
Woli becoming the new deep threat
Grant could he  have played any better.  Congrats. Awesome special teams punt return
Oliviera. Is that an Oak Oark signature pose after a first down!  That's the Superman pose right from the Oak Park gang.
Bailey can catch!, well at least a couple.
DBS -technically were just about perfect.
Rose is he the field side DB version of Bighill?
D-line....where are we finding these studs? Geez,
Leggio? Where is the guy who started the season?  He looks completely comfortable.
The Bombers play at home next week! 
Souvenir poutine in that helmut......That was awesome, but.......what did they cost?  $50.00.....cool but.....
Kate is so awesome

The Bad

We should do something similar
What's. Manitobas signature dish?
 Ok we know we always want wholesale....how about those half football plastic game day plastic football dishes from Toys R us, or. The dollar store. fill it with Sunflower seeds and some pemmican/ Banneck, and or perogies on the top part.

Let's all,bring the stupidest noise makers possible. Why does that group of people try and be so difficult ? So disrespectful, to the world. If it shows team spirit, but when it becomes annoying, get rid of it.
Zac had one of his awful games. What is it every third game? OK maybe halves.  Montreal fooled him a couple times
( yeah he only Lead us to a 14 pt. victory)

Ugly

The Montreal sideline reporter dude. He could not speak in one of his first sideline reports
Zacs first int.
Zac fumbling two times.
One of Montreal  long punt returns 
Those horns.

Amazing process players and coaches.
Good job!
The Montreal sideline reporter is from Winnipeg. He is my doctors brother. He is usually a good reporter but he was stumbling over the name of Shoen's friend
Blue In BC

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2022, 02:22:11 PM »

Meh, the guy didn't gain all that much height and didn't come close to touching the FG attempt, this is a case were the ref. should have kept the flag in his pocket as he altered the game drastically by throwing it by giving the Bombers another crack at a TD.

Why? It's been a rule for a long time and it was clearly a penalty within the rule.  NFL has the same rule. Part of it is injury prevention?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 02:34:51 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2022, 02:53:03 PM »

The Montreal sideline reporter is from Winnipeg. He is my doctors brother. He is usually a good reporter but he was stumbling over the name of Shoen's friend

John Lu is a legend.  He has been around forever. 
bwiser

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2022, 02:57:36 PM »

The Good-Receiving corps made a lot of good catches
             -Great blocking on special teams [Tanner Cadwallder made a great block to spring Grant]
            -Colleros settling down after a rocky start
            -Brady Olivera running hard and made a great catch to keep a drive alive
The Bad-a few careless penalties by the Jeffs
            -Too many turnovers
           -Briggs injury
The Ugly- brutally hot and humid weather
            -those annoying horns, maybe the Bombers should see if South Africa has any of those horns left over from the World Cup
            -
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2022, 03:06:45 PM »

John Lui grew up in Southdale a suburb of St Boniface. His mom used to teach my sisters piano. Smiley

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2022, 03:08:04 PM »

I would have liked to see Dru Brown get a few reps, with a 2 TD lead and Zach banged up, it was the perfect timing to give Dru the final 10 minutes or so.  I don't understand why O'Shea is willing to test-drive every other player on the roster but never give his backup QB a chance to play.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 03:20:32 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2022, 03:10:02 PM »

The good - Danny Maciocia's blank look on his face the whole game
The bad - Danny Maciocia's blank look on his face the whole game
The ugly - Danny Maciocia's blank look on his face the whole game

Yeah... what was with that?  Isn't he the O playcaller?  He looked like a deer in the headlights all game.  No animation, even when things were going right or wrong.  Same stone face, as if he had just consumed the wrong edible.

If I'm  an Alouette moving from Khari to Machocia, I'll tell you, I'm not inspired.  It was just sad watching him "coach".  You'd hope the camera would catch him with some emotion.

Maybe a montage of Mochocia facial expressions taken from the TSN feed through the game, captioned with "What just trasnpired" and notes of what had just happened...

I applaud Gary Stern for trying to support his team, and understand making another change is just impossible with the front office SMS, but maybe kick Machoicha off the sdelines and put Thorpe in charge... at least he gets upset when things go wrong...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
theaardvark

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2022, 03:15:03 PM »

Meh, the guy didn't gain all that much height and didn't come close to touching the FG attempt, this is a case were the ref. should have kept the flag in his pocket as he altered the game drastically by throwing it and giving the Bombers another crack at a TD.

Its not whether he gained much height, it was that he used an illegal move to attempt to gain height.  Successful or not, its a penalty.  It was a pretty stupid move, and one far more important to drill into players than the 15 minute "How to properly dribble" session that has been proposed as necessary...

Who is their ST coach anyways?  The run out of the endzone to the 2 on ))'s first CFL touch, well, kinda showed that it was his first CFL touch.  Bailed out Leggs, who was trying to get it out inside the 10, and 00 put it out at the 2...

This is not a well coached team.  Stern is right, they have the players, they have the talent to be a much better team than the record, but the coaching sucks, and that starts at the top.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
theaardvark

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2022, 03:17:26 PM »

I would have liked to see Dru Brown get a few reps, 2 TD lead and Zach banged up, it was the perfect timing to give Dru the final 10 minutes or so.  I don't understand why O'Shea is willing to test-drive every other player on the roster but never give his backup QB a chance to play.

Might be more of an issue trying to get Collaros to sit... he wants every snap, and who is to deny him that...

bwiser

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2022, 03:28:48 PM »

Might be more of an issue trying to get Collaros to sit... he wants every snap, and who is to deny him that...

As much as I would like to see Brown get more reps there really wasn't a lot of opportunity to get him in the game last night. Maybe they could put together a package for him to run but for the most part I would rather have the MOP in the game for us.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2022, 03:32:06 PM »

That would be the H.C., the QB is not in charge and the team is usually hooped if the backup has no experience and gets thrown into the fire.  I would like them be more proactive than reactive addressing this possibility.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 04:06:31 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2022, 04:34:24 PM »

That would be the H.C., the QB is not in charge and the team is usually hooped if the backup has no experience and gets thrown into the fire.  I would like them be more proactive than reactive addressing this possibility.

I want a guy that wants every snap.  IF he can "learn" that giving backups some reps in mop up time, sure.  But if it is in his makeup to take every snap, you want to keep him happy.  Last thing you want is to sit him down against his will...

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2022, 04:53:50 PM »

I want a guy that wants every snap.  IF he can "learn" that giving backups some reps in mop up time, sure.  But if it is in his makeup to take every snap, you want to keep him happy.  Last thing you want is to sit him down against his will...

I don't understand this view, of course every pro football player wants to play every down, the QB is no different.  That's not the way it works though, each player has a role to play including the backup QB, the starting QB should not have a veto or a vote that carries more weight than his teammates when determining what is best for the team.  It's a team game after all, you're all for allowing the fattest guy in the buffet line to cut in front, just because he wants more for himself. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 04:57:58 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: