Blue Bombers Forum
August 14, 2022, 05:47:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 and 0  (Read 491 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: August 04, 2022, 04:03:13 AM »

Was thinking tonight about the 1 and 0 philosophy the Blue Bombers take each week when they get ready for a game.

It may not be a new concept but it is providing a winning path for the team and could be a way of life during the turmoil over COVID, other health issues, politics, wars, etc.

Living one day at a time, concerning ourselves with the well-being of others, being thankful for the opportunities we have here and doing what we can to help others who are not so fortunate, can be a winning concept too.

I know life is not football or sports, but doing the best we can each day we exist here, is a way to live that just might bring us joy, fulfillment and success and benefit others.

Just an old man's thoughts on a night he feels thankful in spite of the storms around us.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
TecnoGenius

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 04:45:14 AM »

Yes, it can fit into everyday life, but only to a point.  We, as complex creatures with complex lives have the advantage that we can look ahead and plan ahead, and alter our behavior today as required.

But I'd say 1-0 can have its place, especially in certain aspects and endeavours!  And it could certainly help get someone through tough times.

You are bang on about being thankful for each day, for ourselves and others.  I haven't mentioned it here yet but I guess now is a good time.  My dad, a 35+ year STH, is in on his deathbed and unable to go to games since before the 2021 season when he got injured by the vaccine, which he took mostly so he would be allowed to go see his beloved Bombers.  Because of the lost 2020 season the last game he got to see in person was Zach's first game in blue & gold in 2019.

If not for my dad I would not be a Bomber fan, simple as that.  He took me ever since I was little.  Not every game, but enough to spark a lifelong interest.  After I had a son of my own, I got to take him to games and we'd both go visit my dad and his STH buds in the "old folks" section of IGF at halftime and after games.  Or he'd come to my section and sit with us if there was an empty seat.  Having three generations of us guys together at IGF meant the world to him and myself.  I'm sure my son will also feel the same when he's old enough to understand.  The pictures we have are priceless.

My point with all this melancholy sentimentality is enjoy every moment you have with your loved ones because they can be taken from you in a blink of an eye.  If you have been meaning to take a friend or family member to IGF, do it now, not later!  Snap some pictures.  Enjoy it like it's your last game.

Never go full Rider!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 11:41:07 AM »

1 and 0 is has been strongly adopted by this club and its it's working.  It helps focus the team.

These stories and insights are really nice to read.  The family tradition of Bomber ball is awesome!  Sorry about your Dad Techno, I lost my Dad recently too.  Thanks for sharing man.

I got into Bomber ball through my friend.  His sister was dating Micheal Richardson and my friends dad would take is to the game.  We would get free tickets.  That hooked me for life!

Pearl Jam says "it makes much more sense to live in the present tense".

https://youtu.be/V5YvYKN9BIc

« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 11:46:10 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Horseman

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 05:20:35 PM »

Yes, it can fit into everyday life, but only to a point.  We, as complex creatures with complex lives have the advantage that we can look ahead and plan ahead, and alter our behavior today as required.

But I'd say 1-0 can have its place, especially in certain aspects and endeavours!  And it could certainly help get someone through tough times.

You are bang on about being thankful for each day, for ourselves and others.  I haven't mentioned it here yet but I guess now is a good time.  My dad, a 35+ year STH, is in on his deathbed and unable to go to games since before the 2021 season when he got injured by the vaccine, which he took mostly so he would be allowed to go see his beloved Bombers.  Because of the lost 2020 season the last game he got to see in person was Zach's first game in blue & gold in 2019.

If not for my dad I would not be a Bomber fan, simple as that.  He took me ever since I was little.  Not every game, but enough to spark a lifelong interest.  After I had a son of my own, I got to take him to games and we'd both go visit my dad and his STH buds in the "old folks" section of IGF at halftime and after games.  Or he'd come to my section and sit with us if there was an empty seat.  Having three generations of us guys together at IGF meant the world to him and myself.  I'm sure my son will also feel the same when he's old enough to understand.  The pictures we have are priceless.

My point with all this melancholy sentimentality is enjoy every moment you have with your loved ones because they can be taken from you in a blink of an eye.  If you have been meaning to take a friend or family member to IGF, do it now, not later!  Snap some pictures.  Enjoy it like it's your last game.

Thanks for sharing this and my condolences on your fathers health, you can always find support here amongst the Bomber faithful.
dd

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 07:42:18 PM »

Very good post and I a, envious you got to go to bomber games with both your Dad and your son. That?s something very special about those moments, cherish for sure. Thanks for sharing, we need more posts like that!!!
Chocolaccino

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 03:30:50 AM »

This is a great analogy! Sometime during Covid, I got in the habit of practicing gratitude just to keep myself sane. I know it sounds hokey, but it really helped my overall well-being to find things to be thankful for, rather than complaining. I have also recently begun daily guided meditations to improve my mental health. Now when I wake up in the morning, it will be my goal to go 1-0 that day using these strategies.

Our mind is a garden, our thoughts are the seeds.
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

~ Ritu Ghatoure
Blitzer

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 05:45:34 AM »

This is a great analogy! Sometime during Covid, I got in the habit of practicing gratitude just to keep myself sane. I know it sounds hokey, but it really helped my overall well-being to find things to be thankful for, rather than complaining. I have also recently begun daily guided meditations to improve my mental health. Now when I wake up in the morning, it will be my goal to go 1-0 that day using these strategies.

Our mind is a garden, our thoughts are the seeds.
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

~ Ritu Ghatoure

Awesome quote. Thanks.
Tiger

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2022, 04:04:45 PM »

Was thinking tonight about the 1 and 0 philosophy the Blue Bombers take each week when they get ready for a game.

It may not be a new concept but it is providing a winning path for the team and could be a way of life during the turmoil over COVID, other health issues, politics, wars, etc.

Living one day at a time, concerning ourselves with the well-being of others, being thankful for the opportunities we have here and doing what we can to help others who are not so fortunate, can be a winning concept too.

I know life is not football or sports, but doing the best we can each day we exist here, is a way to live that just might bring us joy, fulfillment and success and benefit others.

Just an old man's thoughts on a night he feels thankful in spite of the storms around us.
From one old dog to another - I agree.  Life is short. Life is what you make it. 1-0 is a good way to be.  You may never get a chance to be 2-0.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Zach Schnitzer

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2022, 04:51:18 PM »

Beautiful thread. I?m writing a piece about my dad. We all have these stories about loved ones, many of whom are gone, who shared their love of football. 1-0 is a great way to live each day, even parts of the day. Especially for those of us who battle mental illness?just like Zach Collaros, forget the three picks and go win the effing game baby! Snap and clear I think he calls it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 04:54:33 PM by Zach Schnitzer » Logged

#fortheW
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: