Blue Bombers Forum
August 14, 2022, 06:27:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Montreal August 4, 2022  (Read 2638 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2022, 02:59:51 AM »

Normand has made one play so far this season. One 21 yard run last week. 1 yard receiving,  7 games, 0 DT's, 0 ST's.

Life time: 96 games, 4 DT, 32 ST.

Bombers: 42 games, 2 DT, 7 ST.

Average at best ST player at best.

Rushing:  96 games, 107 yards.

Receiving: 96 games, 100 Rec.

Cheesy that is not that great at all. Cheesy

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2022, 04:12:34 AM »

Final injury report before the Bomber/Alouette game tomorrow...

https://www.bgmsportstrax.com/2022/08/03/winnipeg-blue-bombers-and-montreal-alouettes-injury-report/

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
TecnoGenius

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2022, 06:09:46 AM »

I noticed Normand too, good player

Normand was a reliable STer FB for us.  He did about as good as you'd expect for a NAT FB.  Seeing as how these guys are almost never used on O, it was fun to see Normand move the ball!!

The fact the dude has been in the league forever counts for something, whereas other STers come and go as the draft brings in new blood.

Never go full Rider!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2022, 06:41:33 AM »

Normand was a reliable STer FB for us.  He did about as good as you'd expect for a NAT FB.  Seeing as how these guys are almost never used on O, it was fun to see Normand move the ball!!

The fact the dude has been in the league forever counts for something, whereas other STers come and go as the draft brings in new blood.

true

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2022, 11:21:22 AM »

I know it's still a long ways to go but depending on where the Bombers and Lions are by then, Week 21 (Lions @ Bombers) will be a very important game and all hands will be on deck.

That said, if the Bombers handle 2 of LDC/Banjo/Week 17 and Week 19 (@ Lions), they'll have the luxury of resting (or giving the half for) some of the starters comes Week 21.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2022, 11:36:00 AM »

Yup proud that he has kept his career going and I do agree fun to watch him move the ball.  Hard to play that long as a pro.  I would like to see Miller get a touch or two.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 11:38:00 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Donny C

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2022, 03:30:11 PM »

Here are my thoughts and predictions. There are some bold predictions here!

What do you think I got right, what do you think I got wrong?

The Bombers Look To Pluck Win Out Of Alouettes ? Winnipeg At Montreal Preview & Predictions

https://cflnewshub.com/cfl-news/the-bombers-look-to-pluck-win-out-of-alouettes-winnipeg-at-montreal-preview-predictions/
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2022, 03:50:35 PM »

Highlight of his career was probably vaulting over a linebacker on a running play along the sidelines somewhere back around 2017.  Normand was a great running back in College, but before Harris came along, the Bombers never gave any Natl. RB's the chance to run the ball.  Before Normand was Carl Volny, a super talented RB that never got a chance even on a bad 2014 team.  Glad the league has changed it's opinion over time and now we see the emergence of many Natl. RB's.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2022, 04:09:39 PM »

Highlight of his career was probably vaulting over a linebacker on a running play along the sidelines somewhere back around 2017.  Normand was a great running back in College, but before Harris came along, the Bombers never gave any Natl. RB's the chance to run the ball.  Before Normand was Carl Volny, a super talented RB that never got a chance even on a bad 2014 team.  Glad the league has changed it's opinion over time and now we see the emergence of many Natl. RB's.
good point....the Bombers have had their share of legendary American RBs including Leo Lewis (of course), Dave Rainey, Mack Herron, Willard Reaves, Charles Robert's, to name a few.   Andrew Harris was our first Canadian RB who is also legendary....his records and 3 Grey Cup rings speak for themselves.   It still remains to be seen if either of Brady Olivera or Johnny Augustine will become legendary over their careers, and they both show promise.

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2022, 04:38:27 PM »

Being great in college doesn't magically translate to being great as a pro. There's many an example of that in the CFL over the years.

Normand is a FB who's had a grand total of 12 carries in his CFL career. He was a very good STer during his time here and then returned to his home province to continue playing in that same role.
Volny was a 5th round pick in 2011 and was never projected to be anything more than a depth NAT player. The most action he saw was in 2012 but I don't think the team back then (until acquiring Harris in 2016) had the talent or the depth to go NAT at RB. Volny did get his opportunities, though. There's a reason he didn't last in the league beyond 2015.

The emergence of NAT tailbacks recently is good to see but aside from Harris, it's a position still dominated by INTs. Oliveira and Augustine seem to have the potential, though.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
Pigskin

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2022, 04:55:14 PM »

Being great in college doesn't magically translate to being great as a pro. There's many an example of that in the CFL over the years.

Normand is a FB who's had a grand total of 12 carries in his CFL career. He was a very good STer during his time here and then returned to his home province to continue playing in that same role.
Volny was a 5th round pick in 2011 and was never projected to be anything more than a depth NAT player. The most action he saw was in 2012 but I don't think the team back then (until acquiring Harris in 2016) had the talent or the depth to go NAT at RB. Volny did get his opportunities, though. There's a reason he didn't last in the league beyond 2015.

The emergence of NAT tailbacks recently is good to see but aside from Harris, it's a position still dominated by INTs. Oliveira and Augustine seem to have the potential, though.

Don't know if I would us the words, very good, for a player with 7 ST's in 42 games with the bombers.  I would rate a guy like NH21, who has 37 ST's in 49 games as very good.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 08:48:21 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Horseman

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2022, 05:09:02 PM »

good point....the Bombers have had their share of legendary American RBs including Leo Lewis (of course), Dave Rainey, Mack Herron, Willard Reaves, Charles Robert's, to name a few.   Andrew Harris was our first Canadian RB who is also legendary....his records and 3 Grey Cup rings speak for themselves.   It still remains to be seen if either of Brady Olivera or Johnny Augustine will become legendary over their careers, and they both show promise.

Sorry, no offence, just a slight correction, it was Dave Raimey who played for the Bombers.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2022, 09:16:56 PM »

I would like to see Miller get a touch or two.

We did the Miller TE-sneaks-out set a couple of times in '21 but Miller whiffed on one (a minor throwbehind I think?) and we haven't thrown it to him since.

It was more a Lapo thing, I think.  Buck never used it as much.  When it failed on Buck I think he said "screw this play".

I like the Miller TE sneak-out because otherwise when Miller is in everyone knows it's a run play.  Have to throw it to Miller at least once a season, preferably early, to force someone to cover him.  I hope Zach gets a rpo choice in the odd chance they leave Miller wide open.

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2022, 09:21:51 PM »

Looking at the schedule, it seems clear that MTL will pull all the stops to win this game.  Them winning the repeat game here in WPG will be nearly impossible.  Their only chance to salvage some points is to win at home tonight.

As such I expect them to put in a strong showing.  But I think our D with J&J reuinted will just be too darn hard for them.  Our DBs will have to step up because there'll be some air happening tonight.  We either get burned by some, or we make some great picks.  I hope Hallett is able to sneak over and snag one.

Can we stop the run today?  Should be able to, but since you'd expect this, we may not concentrate much/enough on it.

If our O puts out the "usual production" we should be ok.  I doubt the scores get as high as the CGY game.

Never go full Rider!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2022, 09:49:52 PM »

We did the Miller TE-sneaks-out set a couple of times in '21 but Miller whiffed on one (a minor throwbehind I think?) and we haven't thrown it to him since.

It was more a Lapo thing, I think.  Buck never used it as much.  When it failed on Buck I think he said "screw this play".

I like the Miller TE sneak-out because otherwise when Miller is in everyone knows it's a run play.  Have to throw it to Miller at least once a season, preferably early, to force someone to cover him.  I hope Zach gets a rpo choice in the odd chance they leave Miller wide open.

My memory is poor but that rings a bell

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: