Blue Bombers Forum
August 14, 2022, 05:21:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Montreal August 4, 2022  (Read 2634 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: August 03, 2022, 04:18:44 PM »

We are near the end of a tough part of the schedule.  Good news that Jackson Jeffcoat returns to action tomorrow.

In:  #94 Jeffcoat, #96 Walker

Out:  #52 Mack III, #93 Wilcots II

48-Hour Primer is here...

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/08/02/48-hour-primer-wpg-at-mtl-2/

Blue Bombers Depth Chart is here...

https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1554818114293886976/photo/1

Alouettes Depth Chart is here...

https://twitter.com/DarrinBauming/status/1554864652181315585/photo/1

Let's Go Bombers!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 08:37:55 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
TBURGESS

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 04:35:05 PM »

We play better teams in the 2nd half of the schedule than we did in the first half. I'd say the tougher part of the schedule is yet to come.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 04:39:25 PM »

We play better teams in the 2nd half of the schedule than we did in the first half. I'd say the tougher part of the schedule is yet to come.
Cal twice and BC on the road on a short week in the first half? I would say the first half was brutal as well. Who is better than Cal and BC. Enlighten me with your infinite wisdom on TBurg!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
bluengold204

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 04:57:16 PM »

Cal twice and BC on the road on a short week in the first half? I would say the first half was brutal as well. Who is better than Cal and BC. Enlighten me with your infinite wisdom on TBurg!

Eh i think they are equally tough, maybe a slight edge to the back half just because we play sask 3 times vs ott twice and toronto once.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 05:12:09 PM »

Slight edge to the back just because of the 3 byes.
blue_or_die

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2022, 05:20:29 PM »

Feels like we're just getting off the CGY game and here we are looking to play again tomorrow night!

We are a better team than Montreal and I expect to win both games but anything can happen. It would be incredible to close out this 10-games-in-a-row (6 games in 32 days!!!) stretch and hit a well-needed bye.

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2022, 06:40:32 PM »

Feels like we're just getting off the CGY game and here we are looking to play again tomorrow night!

We are a better team than Montreal and I expect to win both games but anything can happen. It would be incredible to close out this 10-games-in-a-row (6 games in 32 days!!!) stretch and hit a well-needed bye.
Bombers have held to their 1-0 mantra and it's paid off for them to never look beyond what is the task at hand....however we the fans are always projecting this, that or the other and our expectations at this point in the season continue to grow.   I believe the Bombers just focus on improving at every outing and if they continue to do this, despite all the injuries and the incredibly bad scheduling.....they may very well be 10-0 at the bye.
Peace

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2022, 06:53:34 PM »

You're on fire with the contrarian views today! Guess when you're 8-0 and can't really be the Tburg we all know and love you just start making things up. We play 6 of the 8 possible opponents (only two have winning records and one is .500). Their current combined record as of today is 19-22. After tomorrow's game we have 3 away games remaining until (possibly the Grey Cup). We have all 3 byes ahead of us still.

We have:

2-5 Als x2
4-2 Stamps x1
4-4 Riders x3
2-5 Hamilton x1
2-5 Edmonton x1
5-1 Lions x2

I don't think that's particularly difficult. After tomorrow we have zero short weeks left on the schedule.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 07:16:07 PM by Sir Blue and Gold » Logged
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2022, 07:02:08 PM »

Nah 2nd half is where we gel, rest and get healthy

All gravy from here!!!

Jeffcoat and Walker will feast this week

BO will have another decent outing and Zach will do his thing.

O did I mention Hall and his defense of wizardry?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 07:10:18 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Jesse

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2022, 09:04:41 PM »

You're on fire with the contrarian views today! Guess when you're 8-0 and can't really be the Tburg we all know and love you just start making things up. We play 6 of the 8 possible opponents (only two have winning records and one is .500). Their current combined record as of today is 19-22. After tomorrow's game we have 3 away games remaining until (possibly the Grey Cup). We have all 3 byes ahead of us still.

We have:

2-5 Als x2
4-2 Stamps x1
4-4 Riders x3
2-5 Hamilton x1
2-5 Edmonton x1
5-1 Lions x2

I don't think that's particularly difficult. After tomorrow we have zero short weeks left on the schedule.

Absolutely.

I mean, we're unlikely to go 18-0, but no doubt the bye week marks the end of the toughest part of our schedule.

My wife is amazing!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2022, 09:13:43 PM »

Does anyone know what on the MTL depth chart changed from last week?  MTL is one of those teams that doesn't list the week changes (ARGH!!).  Should be illegal.

Looks pretty similar to me.

Don't sleep on those MTL receivers, every last one is a game-changer, even the NATs.  Need QB pressure and tight coverage.  MTL D doesn't scare me.

Lestage already being dressed, that didn't take long.

I think this is our first game against our ex-Jones16?  He's having a good year quietly doing his business back there.  I'd try to keep out of his area.

Ex-WPG Normand had some big play last game.  Nice to see him still in the CFL.  He must like playing for his "home" team.

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2022, 09:15:41 PM »

Absolutely.

I mean, we're unlikely to go 18-0, but no doubt the bye week marks the end of the toughest part of our schedule.

I'm starting to wonder!  I really am.  I look at the schedule and think "which one will beat us", and I can't really name one.  I've bet against the Bombers in pickems 3 times this year, and all were stupid.

It would not surprise me one bit that we don't lose any game until we lock #1W and start our backups.

Never go full Rider!
Jesse

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2022, 09:43:51 PM »

I'm starting to wonder!  I really am.  I look at the schedule and think "which one will beat us", and I can't really name one.  I've bet against the Bombers in pickems 3 times this year, and all were stupid.

It would not surprise me one bit that we don't lose any game until we lock #1W and start our backups.

You're stupid for that because it's a game and everyone of us should us pick the Bombers, regardless.

Beyond that, we saw last year that we're gonna rest starters - Zach included - so assuming we have that Western Final all locked up, I don't expect our end of year philosophy to change.

My wife is amazing!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2022, 02:12:48 AM »

Does anyone know what on the MTL depth chart changed from last week?  MTL is one of those teams that doesn't list the week changes (ARGH!!).  Should be illegal.

Looks pretty similar to me.

Don't sleep on those MTL receivers, every last one is a game-changer, even the NATs.  Need QB pressure and tight coverage.  MTL D doesn't scare me.

Lestage already being dressed, that didn't take long.

I think this is our first game against our ex-Jones16?  He's having a good year quietly doing his business back there.  I'd try to keep out of his area.

Ex-WPG Normand had some big play last game.  Nice to see him still in the CFL.  He must like playing for his "home" team.

I noticed Normand too, good player

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pigskin

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2022, 02:49:48 AM »

Normand has made one play so far this season. One 21 yard run last week. 1 yard receiving,  7 games, 0 DT's, 0 ST's.

Life time: 96 games, 4 DT, 32 ST.

Bombers: 42 games, 2 DT, 7 ST.

Average at best ST player at best.

Rushing:  96 games, 107 yards.

Receiving: 96 games, 100 Rec.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: