Blue Bombers Forum
August 14, 2022, 04:54:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Elk's merry-go-round roster...  (Read 1291 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2022, 04:45:00 PM »

I thought it was obvious I was joking regarding Lawler. Cheesy

That is crazy Sask dumped Hardrick Demski I knew of and Zach I also knew of. BC dumped Bighill as well.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2022, 08:47:53 PM »

Our Sask castoffs include Demski and Collaros.....you can bet your bottom dollar the riders would love to have these 2 guys back

Ya I should have mentioned them too, Riderfans cry over their loss too.  With Demski though everyone is like "why didn't he play like that in SSK?".  I guess that's a fair point.  Could just be he was still developing?

Don't forget Jamarcus Hardrick.

That's the most obscure one, but someone also mentioned him!

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2022, 08:50:54 PM »

Has a crossover team ever had a better record that the Division winners before?  Because it could happen this year...

I'm pretty sure this is the weakest East record ever at this point in the year.  By a mile.

It's really funny because HAM and TOR and MTL look very strong on paper.  Everyone in the off-season thought HAM would be a contender, MTL was on its way up, and TOR looks very good on paper.  But then the season starts and they stink up the join to the tune of like 1000 losses to 3 wins vs the West?

Are they really that bad?  Or maybe they don't care about wins vs the W at all?  They seem to really concentrate on the games vs the E.

At this point right now I'd say the 4th place W team (take your pick, SSK CGY BC) has a great chance of beating every E team in the playoffs.  Well, maybe TOR could beat SSK.  But surely not CGY or BC.

Never go full Rider!
Tiger

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2022, 12:59:03 AM »

I thought it was obvious I was joking regarding Lawler. Cheesy

That is crazy Sask dumped Hardrick Demski I knew of and Zach I also knew of. BC dumped Bighill as well.
Neufeld also from SK?  Can?t recall for sure

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2022, 01:29:35 AM »

Neufeld also from SK?  Can?t recall for sure
Yes yes you correct he was traded here if I am not mistaken?

the paw

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2022, 01:47:01 AM »

Yes yes you correct he was traded here if I am not mistaken?

Yes, we traded DE Alex Hall and a second rounder for him.  It turned out to be a great trade, but it took a few years before that became clear.

grab grass 'n growl
dd

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2022, 02:00:14 AM »

So, lotsa Sask castoffs that have worked out for us.

I don't know why we don't pickup Caleb Holley, if anything for depth and experience. He's 6'4" and a very decent reciever. Not sure what Jones's problem is (and still haven't figured out why he has ultra timid Duron Carter playing defense, the dude is afraid of contact!!!), but i d pick him up and see if he's still got it.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2022, 02:06:18 AM »

Pass on Holley

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2022, 02:16:17 AM »

Yes, we traded DE Alex Hall and a second rounder for him.  It turned out to be a great trade, but it took a few years before that became clear.
oh ya that brings back some memories. Alex Hall fizzled out pretty fast after that one.

dd

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2022, 03:17:29 AM »

Pass on Holley
He?s 10 x the reciever McKnight will ever be, and he?s available. It?s an absolute no brainer
TecnoGenius

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2022, 05:55:16 AM »

oh ya that brings back some memories. Alex Hall fizzled out pretty fast after that one.

Ya, but Hall got a GC ring that same year out of that trade.  And playoff money.  Not bad for about a month of work in SSK!  SSK only cared about that cup in '13, and while the Hall/Neuf trade was dumb from a long-term perspective, it did help them beef up talent for the cup run.

Many in Riderland sure wish their current braintrust would do a little of that GC-in-Regina beefing up this year.  I guess the GM/HC is thinking more long-term.

Never go full Rider!
blue_or_die

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2022, 05:44:41 PM »

Ya, but Hall got a GC ring that same year out of that trade.  And playoff money.  Not bad for about a month of work in SSK!  SSK only cared about that cup in '13, and while the Hall/Neuf trade was dumb from a long-term perspective, it did help them beef up talent for the cup run.

Many in Riderland sure wish their current braintrust would do a little of that GC-in-Regina beefing up this year.  I guess the GM/HC is thinking more long-term.

Hard to believe that (as well as the opening of IGF) was 9 years ago. Time flies. That all feels like yesterday.

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Blue In BC

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2022, 12:05:29 PM »

Elks transfer another 7 players to IR. It's a roller coaster roster week to week.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2022, 12:08:58 PM »

Elks transfer another 7 players to IR. It's a roller coaster roster week to week.

Chris Jones basically treating this year like a long training camp. He's had success blowing up a roster and doing a complete rebuild before though so it's not all crazy mad scientist.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2022, 01:50:08 PM »

That's sketchy as hell, Jones back to manipulating his roster with no concern of being flagged.

2022-08-04   EDM   BEAUDRY, Michael   QB   N   Idaho   Remove Signed   Free Agent
2022-08-04   EDM   APPOLON, Wesly   LB   N   Tuskegee   Extend On   Injured
2022-08-04   EDM   FORD, Tre   QB   N   Waterloo   Transfer To   Injured
2022-08-04   EDM   TYNE, Malik   DL   N   Towson University   Transfer To   Injured
2022-08-04   EDM   NIELSEN, Steven   OL   N   Eastern Michigan   Transfer To   Injured
2022-08-04   EDM   LACEY, Deon   LB   A   West Alabama   Transfer To   Injured
2022-08-04   EDM   HARRY, Jamie   LB   N   Carleton   Transfer To   Injured
2022-08-04   EDM   DUBUISSON, Mike   LB   N   Windsor   Transfer To   Injured
2022-08-04   EDM   BUTLER, Hakeem   WR   A   Iowa State   Transfer To   Injured
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: