Blue Bombers Forum
August 14, 2022, 06:01:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Elk's merry-go-round roster...  (Read 1295 times)
theaardvark

« on: August 02, 2022, 05:30:12 PM »

Its almost like its set on *high*and players are flying off in all directions...

Receivers Caleb Holley, Mike Jones, quarterback Ben Holmes, running back Jamel Lyles, defensive back Jeawon Taylor and kicker Matt Mengel made up the six players released from the team?s active roster.

Running back Sherman Badie, receiver Ente Eguavoen, defensive back Nate Hamilin and defensive lineman Pharoah McKever were released from the team?s practice roster. Linebacker Reggie Walker was released from the team?s suspended list.

Mike Jones has signed back in Ham...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 09:01:53 PM »

Rinse repeat

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Blue In BC

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 10:01:19 PM »

All these releases every week must be brutal on their players.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
bwiser

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 11:10:43 PM »

Its almost like its set on *high*and players are flying off in all directions...

Receivers Caleb Holley, Mike Jones, quarterback Ben Holmes, running back Jamel Lyles, defensive back Jeawon Taylor and kicker Matt Mengel made up the six players released from the team?s active roster.

Running back Sherman Badie, receiver Ente Eguavoen, defensive back Nate Hamilin and defensive lineman Pharoah McKever were released from the team?s practice roster. Linebacker Reggie Walker was released from the team?s suspended list.

When you see all these moves and when you add the normal changes teams have to make because of injuries it is impossible to have any continuity in the lineup. The Bombers have had pretty well the same lineup every game this year. The only changes they have made is due to injuries. That continuity has a lot to do with why they are undefeated.
blue_or_die

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 12:08:55 AM »

I mean, no one should be surprised once the circus came to town this past offseason.

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
dd

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2022, 12:22:02 AM »

I d like to see us pick up Holley for depth and insurance. Has some cfl experience, not sure why they released him given the roster they have.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2022, 01:01:15 AM »

All these releases every week must be brutal on their players.
players must love playing for this guy!
Lawless big contract with zero guaranteed money. Yikes for him.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2022, 03:49:07 AM »

Wow.  Does HAM not remember that's the '19 witch they burned?  Or are things sooo desperate in the hammer now they'll grasp at any straws to get the ol' mojo back?  It'll take a minor miracle for HAM to make the GC this year.

At the rate the East is going, my money is on the crossover or TOR.

I d like to see us pick up Holley for depth and insurance. Has some cfl experience, not sure why they released him given the roster they have.

Ya, he was reliably decent his whole career.  Of course, most was in SSK, no?  Our SSK castoff pickups haven't worked out too well recently.  Maybe let him couch-sit and call if we get more injuries?

Never go full Rider!
theaardvark

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2022, 12:31:36 PM »

players must love playing for this guy!
Lawless big contract with zero guaranteed money. Yikes for him.

Lawler has game cheques already in hand for most of what Ellingson is going to make all year... I don't think Kenny is worried...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2022, 12:34:34 PM »

Yep. I think he received like 100k after training camp.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2022, 01:13:12 PM »

It'll take a minor miracle for HAM to make the GC this year.

The Ti-Cats are in second place and a win away from taking first in the East. The "race" remains pretty tight; even the RedBlacks are somehow still in the conversation.

FWIW, the crossover team has never managed to win two games. It's not a cakewalk and this season wouldn't be any different.

As for the Elks, Jones has no concept of loyalty or cohesion when it comes to his roster management. The turnover rate for players is something else.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
LXTSN

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2022, 01:21:40 PM »

As for the Elks, Jones has no concept of loyalty or cohesion when it comes to his roster management. The turnover rate for players is something else.
I think it's just his arrogance. It's my way or the highway.
dd

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2022, 02:00:48 PM »

Wow.  Does HAM not remember that's the '19 witch they burned?  Or are things sooo desperate in the hammer now they'll grasp at any straws to get the ol' mojo back?  It'll take a minor miracle for HAM to make the GC this year.

Ya, he was reliably decent his whole career.  Of course, most was in SSK, no?  Our SSK castoff pickups haven't worked out too well recently.  Maybe let him couch-sit and call if we get more injuries?

Our Sask castoffs include Demski and Collaros.....you can bet your bottom dollar the riders would love to have these 2 guys back
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2022, 02:13:29 PM »

Our Sask castoffs include Demski and Collaros.....you can bet your bottom dollar the riders would love to have these 2 guys back

Don't forget Jamarcus Hardrick.
theaardvark

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2022, 02:46:59 PM »

The Ti-Cats are in second place and a win away from taking first in the East. The "race" remains pretty tight; even the RedBlacks are somehow still in the conversation.

FWIW, the crossover team has never managed to win two games. It's not a cakewalk and this season wouldn't be any different.

Has a crossover team ever had a better record that the Division winners before?  Because it could happen this year...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: