Blue Bombers Forum
August 14, 2022, 05:18:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: In OShea I trust  (Read 2539 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2022, 04:05:16 AM »

Nuff said

Talk among yourselves
he has been outstanding along with his staff and players.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2022, 07:30:53 AM »

O'Shea knows that GM is not his forte.  If money was an issue, I think he would have heard offers from Edmonton, Ottawa or any other team by now.  I think he likes it in Winnipeg and as long as we keep him happy he will stay.  I believe if the NFL does come knocking on the door, which I suspect it will or already have, then O'Shea might consider it if it is the right fit for him and his family.
Waffler

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2022, 11:06:58 AM »

I doubt the NFL has interest. O'Shea as far as I know has not played or coached a down of the American version of football and they just don't hire people with that resume. Trestman in comparison, had extensive NFL experience already when he got to Montreal.

I heard it said on CJOB a while back that O'Shea is a football coach, that's who he is. Given that, why would you not want to stay in a situation that has been good to him? Top to bottom this organization is a good fit for him. Wade Milller is not going to insult him with a non-competitive offer. The Canadian Mafia stays together.

Home isn't where you're from,
it's where you find light when all
grows dark. - Pierce Brown

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2022, 01:30:36 PM »

Sure hope folks are right that he stays here.  I like that Canadian Mafia, all they do is kill their opponents on the field lol.

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
bunker

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2022, 01:34:09 PM »

Sure hope folks are right that he stays here.  I like that Canadian Mafia, all they do is kill their opponents on the field lol.

Miller and Walters will make him an offer he can't refuse.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2022, 01:59:43 PM »

OSH needs to be retained. Offer him a bloody extension today!

KINGCHARLES

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2022, 02:05:18 PM »

A few factors that might actually keep O'Shea here:

1. The overall football atmosphere with the fans

2. The Canadian Mafia. Miller, Walters and O'Shea are building something extremely special in Winnipeg.

3. The overall cost of living here compared to elsewhere. If anyone follows multiple Bombers on social media you would have seen the team/family BBQ at O'Sheas last Sunday. Looks like Osh has an amazing property somewhere on that SW corner of Winnipeg or outside WPG.

4. A potential of adding a dynasty to O'Sheas legacy. When he wins another Grey Cup this year he will be a 7 time champion. I think only Don Matthews has more at 10...
   (Curious when O'Shea does win another Grey Cup for us, where does his statue go? Also, do we put the statue up after the win or whenever he retires?)

As long as O'Shea and the Canadian Mafia can continue to produce, I hope O'Shea is here till he retires....I'm praying to the football gods that he makes the current generation of fans say Bud Grant was the 2nd best.

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2022, 02:08:07 PM »

1. The overall football atmosphere with the fans

2. The Canadian Mafia. Miller, Walters and O'Shea are building something extremely special in Winnipeg.

3. The overall cost of living here compared to elsewhere. If anyone follows multiple Bombers on social media you would have seen the team/family BBQ at O'Sheas last Sunday. Looks like Osh has an amazing property somewhere on that SW corner of Winnipeg or outside WPG.

4. A potential of adding a dynasty to O'Sheas legacy. When he wins another Grey Cup this year he will be a 7 time champion. I think only Don Matthews has more at 10...
   (Curious when O'Shea does win another Grey Cup for us, where does his statue go? Also, do we put the statue up after the win or whenever he retires?)

As long as O'Shea and the Canadian Mafia can continue to produce, I hope O'Shea is here till he retires....I'm praying to the football gods that he makes the current generation of fans say Bud Grant was the 2nd best.
He has kinda got it all here. Why would you wanna leave? Only things of lunacy when you decide to go from a organization like this one!

TBURGESS

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2022, 02:43:48 PM »

I don't know if he stays or goes at the end of the year, and neither do any of you. You're just making stuff up to bolster your opinion that he'll stay. My guess is he will, but yikes! Some of the ideas like he wouldn't to go the NCAA or NFL where the money's huge are out to lunch.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
dd

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2022, 02:48:13 PM »

Does anyone know the average salary of a coach in the cfl vs nfl vs ncaa??
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2022, 02:51:44 PM »

Does anyone know the average salary of a coach in the cfl vs nfl vs ncaa??

CFL Head Coaches are in the 400-500k range for being just a HC. NFL or NCAA is in the million(s) per year. NCAA could depend on DIV 1, 2 or 3. and an FBS or FCS school. some of the smaller crappier programs probably only pay comparable to CFL.

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
blue_or_die

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2022, 02:57:06 PM »

I don't know if he stays or goes at the end of the year, and neither do any of you. You're just making stuff up to bolster your opinion that he'll stay. My guess is he will, but yikes! Some of the ideas like he wouldn't to go the NCAA or NFL where the money's huge are out to lunch.

May be so, but that?s a little rich coming from someone with the most out to lunch opinions on O?Shea as a coach.

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2022, 02:57:44 PM »

MOS has zero experience in 4 down football, if he is moving down south it will start as an assistant somewhere.  We have no idea of what he wants as far as location, $$, role...I hope it is staying in Winnipeg but only him and his family have any idea on what the long term goal is.
TBURGESS

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2022, 03:00:20 PM »

May be so, but that?s a little rich coming from someone with the most out to lunch opinions on O?Shea as a coach.
MOS wasn't a great coach when I was complaining about him. We were mid-tier, maybe winning a playoff game. He magically became a great coach when we traded for Collaros.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
John T.

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2022, 03:05:16 PM »

Cal Murphy had at least 10 Grey Cup rings, maybe 11.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: