Blue Bombers Forum
August 14, 2022, 05:31:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  
Author Topic: In OShea I trust  (Read 2542 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2022, 06:12:48 PM »

FACT: Every year since MOS took over the Bomber's on field product has shown upward trajectory.
NOPE: 5th, 4th, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 1st

Just being intentionally obtuse (and also wrong).

2014 - Missed Playoffs (5th in West)
2015 - Missed Playoffs (4th in West)
2016 - Made Playoffs (3rd in West) Lost to BC in BC
2017 - Made Playoffs (2nd in West) Hosted home playoff game, lost to Edmonton
2018 - Made Playoffs (3rd in West) Won West Semi-Final in Regina
2019 - Made Playoffs (3rd in West) Won Grey Cup
2020 - COVID
2021 - Made Playoffs (1st in West) Won Grey Cup
2022 - ?
TBURGESS

« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2022, 06:15:42 PM »

Just being intentionally obtuse (and also wrong).

2020 - COVID
2022 - ?
Your right about this post. My bad for missing one of the 3rds.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2022, 06:22:30 PM »

Your right about this post. My bad for missing one of the 3rds.

Yes. So (and bare with me) here as I magically unveil steady improvement for all to see:

Not playoff competitive

Playoff bound again

Playoff success, finally

Grey Cup success followed by league leading strength
2020 - COVID
2022 - ?

..Magic!
GCn19

« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2022, 06:51:58 PM »

Yes. So (and bare with me) here as I magically unveil steady improvement for all to see:

Not playoff competitive

Playoff bound again
Playoff success, finally
Grey Cup success followed by league leading strength

..Magic!

Seems like a pretty clear trajectory to me, although I am sure he will completely change the goal posts and try to use the regular season as the bearings by which to judge.....after arguing that MOS's coaching can ONLY be evaluated based on playoff success.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2022, 07:04:15 PM »

Yup. That's upward trajectory.
Blue In BC

« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2022, 07:33:14 PM »

While we can't discount O'Shea for some part of the improving roster, IMO most of the credit has to go to Walters. Walters put in place the scouts and signed those players.

Yes, the culture O'Shea put in place has had a significant role in recruitment and retention.

Was O'Shea good coach from day 1? No. Was that culture in place day 1? No.

Is he a very good coach now? Yes. Does the current culture help get or retain players? Yes.

I think in the early days of his tenure it was fair to say he was not a good coach. Upward trajectory maybe but teams can go from 1st to last in one season. At the end of 2019 we were going to lose Nichols due to injury. His career was essentially done.

Getting Collaros was an instant lifesaver and I suspect O'Shea had a role in that happening. OTOH we were very lucky with the timing and the fact the Argos were willing to make that trade.

Who knows where the Bombers would be if Collaros had not been traded to the team. We may have found the next Tom Brady and still been as good / great a team as we are now. Or we could have become another bottom dweller.

Either way, IMO O'Shea has become a good coach and that's not directly based on our win / loss record. Like QB's, coaches are not entirely the cause of success or failure.

The questions or opinions about when he became a good coach or whether we should have fired him after year 3 ( for example ) are moot at this point. It is what it is and it's certainly good now.

It's not to say we might not have done as well with a new HC in 2016 or 2017. Coaches have been fired sooner for worse records. Hindsight is always 100%.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
dd

« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2022, 07:37:44 PM »

Oh my gosh, we re still ranting about this?.

Imagine this.....imagine the days before MOS hit the scene....now sober up and be glad, no elated we re where we are. I can see going 10 pages because we are winless and hopeless, but we re undefeated. Chill out already
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2022, 07:58:00 PM »

Imagine this.....imagine the days before MOS hit the scene....now sober up and be glad, no elated we re where we are. I can see going 10 pages because we are winless and hopeless, but we re undefeated. Chill out already

Lol I know.  Grin

Well, at least they're arguing to who gets the credit. Before people are arguing who gets the blame.
Blue In BC

« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2022, 08:31:26 PM »

Well it's a discussion topic about O'Shea.

It's always been annoying that a few unnamed posters have pushed the patience always works out scenario. Whether that was about O'Shea and / or R. Hall. The fact it worked out so well doesn't mean they were correct or we were right based on their first few years in Winnipeg.

All sports is a what have you done for me now business. It's not about let's wait 5 years because that always works.

A losing record for 2 years going into a 3rd year generally gets a coach fired.

Should Montreal have fired K. Jones? Team seemed to be on an upward trend as well. Will replacing their coaching staff turn out to be an improvement or a mistake?  I can't even remember who K. Jones replaced in Montreal.  Coaches are hired to be fired at some point. Sad but true.

Will Lapo get fired in Ottawa before the end of the season after losing Masoli and stuck with a 2nd year QB?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 08:34:51 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2022, 09:41:00 PM »

Well it's a discussion topic about O'Shea.

It's always been annoying that a few unnamed posters have pushed the patience always works out scenario. Whether that was about O'Shea and / or R. Hall. The fact it worked out so well doesn't mean they were correct or we were right based on their first few years in Winnipeg.

All sports is a what have you done for me now business. It's not about let's wait 5 years because that always works.

A losing record for 2 years going into a 3rd year generally gets a coach fired.

Should Montreal have fired K. Jones? Team seemed to be on an upward trend as well. Will replacing their coaching staff turn out to be an improvement or a mistake?  I can't even remember who K. Jones replaced in Montreal.  Coaches are hired to be fired at some point. Sad but true.

Will Lapo get fired in Ottawa before the end of the season after losing Masoli and stuck with a 2nd year QB?
Those that supported Hall and MOS early knew that they were good coaches and that you don't get better by deletion.  History proved that patience paid off well for this club with its core of players, coaches and management.

I found those that continually called for MOS and Hall to be fired after a poor game annoying.

Agree sports is a what you have done for me lately business but on occasion a club finds a special group that requires a few years to slowly cultivate greatness.  One of the core reasons why we are good is because of our continuity (after a revolving door previously).

Props to those posters that stayed positive and had the vison to see greatness when times were tough.

That's all water under the bridge though, lets celebrate this club and enjoy what we have while the getting is good.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 10:12:11 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Blue In BC

« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2022, 01:56:58 AM »

Those that supported Hall and MOS early knew that they were good coaches and that you don't get better by deletion.  History proved that patience paid off well for this club with its core of players, coaches and management.

I found those that continually called for MOS and Hall to be fired after a poor game annoying.

Agree sports is a what you have done for me lately business but on occasion a club finds a special group that requires a few years to slowly cultivate greatness.  One of the core reasons why we are good is because of our continuity (after a revolving door previously).

Props to those posters that stayed positive and had the vison to see greatness when times were tough.

That's all water under the bridge though, lets celebrate this club and enjoy what we have while the getting is good.

Fair enough.

We've found you annoying for about 4 years. You must have forgotten that Hall was fired in Edmonton for some of  the same problems in the early days in Winnipeg. He's a very good coach now but he wasn't for several years before IMO.

As I said most CFL coaches don't survive year 3 with a losing record, poor win / loss.

EDIT: LOL PJ reported me to mods for this post as a personal attack. My position would be to say what he says " facts are shown above". Many of us have complained about his claims.

If I get banned for a few weeks, I'll see you when I'm back. In the meantime enjoy the ride.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 02:10:40 AM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
dd

« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2022, 02:09:51 AM »

4 years?? How about 4 ever!!
Blue In BC

« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2022, 02:12:06 AM »

4 years?? How about 4 ever!!

Careful you'll get reported and banned too. However you're the 1st to show my comment was a " fact ". It's so much fun when the team is winning.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Tiger

« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2022, 02:48:41 AM »

Gentlemen

I did not mean to start such a fray.

I am very happy with the team, coaches, players and management.  I question certain things but OShea seems to know what to do or that his lucky charms.

While there has been bickering, consider this:

1) we are arguing over when OShea and Hall became good, as well as, if Collaros made us a great team.  How extravagant and lucky we are to have such conversations.  Our cups runneth over.

2) notice no one mentions power rankings anymore?  Why? Because W?s and 9-0 is all that matters. Power rankings matter when you are losing, hope you are trending up and have nothing else but hope.

3) Modadmin (and other moderators) have done a good job and allowed us to have a decent forum for years, even when we do not behave.  Thank you.

4) Enjoy the ride. 9-0? Wow. Who would have thought?

I must say I have enjoyed,even when I disagreed or you were wrong, with all posters here (sans the trolls).
I even introduced myself to Goldmember this year, it was enjoyable and he will be buying us all drinks at the rum hut next game (kidding? maybe).

I sun thank you and sorry for the snowball that gains speed.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2022, 03:01:17 AM »

Gentlemen

I did not mean to start such a fray.

I am very happy with the team, coaches, players and management.  I question certain things but OShea seems to know what to do or that his lucky charms.

While there has been bickering, consider this:

1) we are arguing over when OShea and Hall became good, as well as, if Collaros made us a great team.  How extravagant and lucky we are to have such conversations.  Our cups runneth over.

2) notice no one mentions power rankings anymore?  Why? Because W?s and 9-0 is all that matters. Power rankings matter when you are losing, hope you are trending up and have nothing else but hope.

3) Modadmin (and other moderators) have done a good job and allowed us to have a decent forum for years, even when we do not behave.  Thank you.

4) Enjoy the ride. 9-0? Wow. Who would have thought?

I must say I have enjoyed,even when I disagreed or you were wrong, with all posters here (sans the trolls).
I even introduced myself to Goldmember this year, it was enjoyable and he will be buying us all drinks at the rum hut next game (kidding? maybe).

I sun thank you and sorry for the snowball that gains speed.
Good points, well said.  Great time to be a Bomber fan.  We have little to complain about.

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  

Jump to: