Blue Bombers Forum
August 14, 2022, 06:26:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: In OShea I trust  (Read 2544 times)
Tiger

« on: July 31, 2022, 12:48:20 AM »

Nuff said

Talk among yourselves

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 12:52:22 AM »

He's on the last year of a three year contract. Let's hope he sticks around!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 01:08:24 AM »

We blew the AH33 situation, no way KW blows any potential MOS situation!!

The big question is when will MOS decide to throw in the towel and retire.  Maybe after he wins the 3rd GC as HC this year?  Cheesy Cheesy  He could go on for a long time, but not sure if it fits in with his personal life plans.  Good question for Coach's Show.

If he keeps this up for a few more years it'll be his statue outside IGF.

Never go full Rider!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 01:08:42 AM »

I am convinced even more that him and Buck rope a doped the lions and stamps with bland games before their games. 

Very few mistakes - no dumb penalties...

I hope we can sign MOS long term and TO isn't beckoning for personal reasons. 
55StickCar

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 01:11:21 AM »

We need to re-sign him A.S.AP.  
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 01:26:50 AM »

Blank cheque

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2022, 01:31:44 AM »

We blew the AH33 situation, no way KW blows any potential MOS situation!!

The big question is when will MOS decide to throw in the towel and retire.  Maybe after he wins the 3rd GC as HC this year?  Cheesy Cheesy  He could go on for a long time, but not sure if it fits in with his personal life plans.  Good question for Coach's Show.

If he keeps this up for a few more years it'll be his statue outside IGF.

That's the thing, he may have had enough of the coaching lifestyle and kick it upstairs.  I don't think he would want to retire yet, but I can see him looking  for a GM job back East.
Waffler

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2022, 01:34:51 AM »

Edmonton offered last offseason. He wouldn't even talk to them. That's the job Chris Jones has now. HC/GM

Home isn't where you're from,
it's where you find light when all
grows dark. - Pierce Brown

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2022, 01:44:12 AM »

Yeesh

Mike OShea is low key but make no mistake, he likes to win and hates to lose.  He is a gamer.

Only when he has accomplished enough or someone offers outrageous money will he go.  Make no mistake. at some point he will probably go.  As fan we need to make sure he knows he is appreciated and WBB management needs to pay him accordingly.  I don?t see him as greedy.  He will demand respect but wants to win and will keep the team in that position.  Don?t panick.  Just support.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
dd

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2022, 02:07:51 AM »

MOS is an old school, disciplined, work hard, play intense and play to the whistle , team first man of integrity and demands the same of his players. That is why we have the squad we do. The discipline, intensity and work ethic our team has is a direct reflection of him.

The only gig I could see him leaving us for is HC and GM of the Argos. He knows the organization, loves Pinball and would be closer to family and friends. Still, I hope he stays around here !!!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2022, 02:14:00 AM »

Money: With the Coach's Cap teams can't afford to pay him much more than we'd be able to.  We should be able to match any offer.

MOS is smart enough to know he doesn't want to be HC and GM.  That's the only way a team could pay him much more.  He also doesn't want to be HC and OC or DC.

Ya, home Toronto draw for him, but why split your legacy??  And why go to an always-weak East?  He's working up to legendary status in WPG.  Can you imagine when he wins #3 this year?  Shocked Shocked Shocked Wink

Never go full Rider!
theaardvark

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2022, 02:23:11 AM »

The only question in O'Shea's future might be would he consider an NCAA or NFL position...

He's not going elsewhere in the CFL... nor is Walters or Miller....

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2022, 02:26:28 AM »

The only question in O'Shea's future might be would he consider an NCAA or NFL position...

If he can win 3 cups, the phone will be ringing from down South. 

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2022, 02:29:18 AM »

I doubt he has a lick of interest in an NFL job, he's a huge CFL fan and probably wouldn't want the hassle that goes along with the money.  He's a big family guy so he probably goes where his kids are establishing their lives and his Mom still lives, I believe one son is playing football at an Ont. University.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 02:40:16 AM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
dd

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2022, 03:26:48 AM »

I doubt he has a lick of interest in an NFL job, he's a huge CFL fan and probably wouldn't want the hassle that goes along with the money.  He's a big family guy so he probably goes where his kids are establishing their lives and his Mom still lives, I believe one son is playing football at an Ont. University.
Agree 100%. He?s 100% Canadian , loves hunting and fishing and the  cfl , he couldn?t give a rip about nfl and wants to stay in Canada for the reasons you stated
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: