Blue Bombers Forum
August 14, 2022, 05:38:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers bring back American receiver Kelvin McKnight  (Read 3086 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2022, 02:53:58 PM »

Grant wasn't a victim, hair is something that the opposition is allowed to grab hold of.

He might have been referring to the fact that it likely hurts. 
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2022, 03:13:26 PM »

No need to rehash it.  It never caught a hands ball when in WPG.  I have it all on PVR.  BC gets around this by always throwing at his chest.  He can catch it there perfectly well.

I slow-mo every Lucky catch this season and I'm telling you, it's almost never a hands catch away from the body.  Seriously, just rewind and freeze-frame slow-mo all his catches (or not even that, it's usually obvious).

It's fine, it doesn't make him a bad player.  If they work to his limitations he can be deadly on the field.  I'm a huge Lucky fan.  I wondered if he'd learn to hand-catch but from what I've seen this year, he still can't.  Maybe 1 "difficult" hands-catch every 3-4 games.  That's it.

My point here was Grant made an amazing hands-catch extending away from his body in a clutch situation for us last game.  Lucky doesn't make that catch 100% of the time.  I was very proud of Grant and it confirms (partly, a small part) why we kept Grant and let Lucky walk.

DD and Techno, I stand corrected.

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2022, 08:52:38 PM »

DD and Techno, I stand corrected.

Thanks pj.  We all love Lucky and want him to succeed.  Acknowledging his limitations is the first step to correcting them.  That's what we're all interested in seeing, is can he get those hands working.  If so, he'll be like Speedy B 3-4 years ago -- unstoppable.  Actually, Lucky could be better than Speedy B.

Watch Lucky carefully on O tonight.  If you are on PVR rewind and slowmo his catches.  Haha, maybe just to make life difficult for me he'll make nothing but amazing hand-grabs  Grin Grin  But I wouldn't bet on it.  Wink Wink

I hope Rourke drops it in Lucky's bucket and he gets 2 sixty-yard TDs.  Burnham being back should open up Lucky a bit.  That team sure has WR/SB weapons!!

Never go full Rider!
DM83

« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2022, 04:53:59 AM »

A great imagination make Lucky the leagues outstanding player. In reality once they get their entire roster, Lucky could be a healthy scratch.  Entertaining and fun to watch....but don't bet on him.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 05:11:24 AM by ModAdmin » Logged
TecnoGenius

« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2022, 05:02:21 AM »

A great imagination make Lucky the leagues outstanding player. In reality once they get their entire roster, Lucky could be a healthy scratch.  Entertaining and fun to watch....but don't bet on him.

I'm pretty sure BC has made Lucky one of their franchise players.  Think AH (when here) or Jefferson.  Lucky is the perfect fit for the west coast, and I hope they are marketing him hard.

No way they bench Lucky this season.  None.  I'd say the receiver order is Burnham, Lucky, others.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 05:11:42 AM by ModAdmin » Logged

Never go full Rider!
Blue In BC

« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2022, 12:44:52 PM »

Whitehead has caught 82% of passes thrown his way. He had 148 yards in this weeks game. No way they bench him. Not sure why you have such a dislike for him but to each his own.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2022, 01:24:21 PM »

Whitehead has caught 82% of passes thrown his way. He had 148 yards in this weeks game. No way they bench him. Not sure why you have such a dislike for him but to each his own.

Consider the poster to whom you're responding. Mostly just inane claptrap from him.

Whitehead's a top receiver in this league.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2022, 02:02:28 PM »

Agree Whitehead is a top receiver, wasn't able to watch the game.  Did he catch any in his hands?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 02:05:19 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Blue In BC

« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2022, 02:50:25 PM »

Agree Whitehead is a top receiver, wasn't able to watch the game.  Did he catch any in his hands?

Yes, no, maybe sort of. LOL  I did watch the game and he had a very good game.

He can catch them in his visor if he wants to. It's like winning games. It's not how you did it but that you did it.

Whitehead is a very entertaining player and he can score from anywhere on the field.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2022, 05:45:54 PM »

Whitehead is getting the benefit of Kid Canada.  Rourke is making all his receivers look like allstars.  Not saying he is talent less, he definitely has skills, but on any other team (like Winnipeg) is he the #2 guy?  I'm not so sure.

But that said, he's found the perfect fit, BC loves him, and they are getting the most out of him.  And we wish him well.

Oh, and how did he get to the CFL?  Mini camp in Florida back in spring 2019 that also brought Bailey to the top of the recruit list...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2022, 07:57:43 PM »

Whitehead is getting the benefit of Kid Canada.  Rourke is making all his receivers look like allstars.  Not saying he is talent less, he definitely has skills, but on any other team (like Winnipeg) is he the #2 guy?  I'm not so sure.

But that said, he's found the perfect fit, BC loves him, and they are getting the most out of him.  And we wish him well.

Oh, and how did he get to the CFL?  Mini camp in Florida back in spring 2019 that also brought Bailey to the top of the recruit list...

Rhymes is becoming a very key part of their offence. He's a guy that runs very good routes, has good hands and speed. Lions have some great receivers and who gets the most looks in a given day depends on who the defence gives more game planning.

It's not an easy choice for any defence against the group and the time Rourke gets to throw.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2022, 10:54:11 PM »

I think McKnight got released per CFL.ca transaction page. I could be wrong though.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2022, 11:11:49 PM »

I think McKnight got released per CFL.ca transaction page. I could be wrong though.

7 pages later...
dd

« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2022, 11:34:01 PM »

Rhymes is becoming a very key part of their offence. He's a guy that runs very good routes, has good hands and speed. Lions have some great receivers and who gets the most looks in a given day depends on who the defence gives more game planning.

It's not an easy choice for any defence against the group and the time Rourke gets to throw.
Rhymes is a freak of a receiver. Time and time again he makes spectacular catches and very rarely drops a pass. I think he?s the most talented reciever in the league
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2022, 01:08:39 AM »

Rhymes is a freak of a receiver. Time and time again he makes spectacular catches and very rarely drops a pass. I think he?s the most talented reciever in the league

I'd be surprised if they could afford to keep both Rhymes and Burnham next season, and I think they might keep Rhymes as he's tougher, a few years younger, and probably a lot cheaper.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: