Blue Bombers Forum
August 14, 2022, 04:39:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers bring back American receiver Kelvin McKnight  (Read 3081 times)
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2022, 07:28:33 PM »

Grant had a great hands catch in yesterday's game.  The type of catch Lucky could never make.  I find that encouraging.

Lucky can catch with his hands in my opinion

However, you are the 2nd person that has said this.  Others care to chime in?

I have little faith in Grant's route running and moderate confidence in his hands at receiver.

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2022, 03:34:20 AM »

Lucky can catch with his hands in my opinion

No need to rehash it.  It never caught a hands ball when in WPG.  I have it all on PVR.  BC gets around this by always throwing at his chest.  He can catch it there perfectly well.

I slow-mo every Lucky catch this season and I'm telling you, it's almost never a hands catch away from the body.  Seriously, just rewind and freeze-frame slow-mo all his catches (or not even that, it's usually obvious).

It's fine, it doesn't make him a bad player.  If they work to his limitations he can be deadly on the field.  I'm a huge Lucky fan.  I wondered if he'd learn to hand-catch but from what I've seen this year, he still can't.  Maybe 1 "difficult" hands-catch every 3-4 games.  That's it.

My point here was Grant made an amazing hands-catch extending away from his body in a clutch situation for us last game.  Lucky doesn't make that catch 100% of the time.  I was very proud of Grant and it confirms (partly, a small part) why we kept Grant and let Lucky walk.

Never go full Rider!
DM83

« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2022, 08:16:50 AM »

Um, no, lucky wasn't retained and was a free agent, who received a higher salary from BC.
Grant had no takers in Free Agency, I would guess except the Big Blue and signed here.

It turned out good for both guys.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2022, 01:37:37 PM »

Um, no, lucky wasn't retained and was a free agent, who received a higher salary from BC.
Grant had no takers in Free Agency, I would guess except the Big Blue and signed here.

It turned out good for both guys.

It's well documented that the Bombers did not make Lucky an offer in F.A. which disappointed him.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 02:56:39 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
dd

« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2022, 04:13:32 PM »

No need to rehash it.  It never caught a hands ball when in WPG.  I have it all on PVR.  BC gets around this by always throwing at his chest.  He can catch it there perfectly well.

I slow-mo every Lucky catch this season and I'm telling you, it's almost never a hands catch away from the body.  Seriously, just rewind and freeze-frame slow-mo all his catches (or not even that, it's usually obvious).

It's fine, it doesn't make him a bad player.  If they work to his limitations he can be deadly on the field.  I'm a huge Lucky fan.  I wondered if he'd learn to hand-catch but from what I've seen this year, he still can't.  Maybe 1 "difficult" hands-catch every 3-4 games.  That's it.

My point here was Grant made an amazing hands-catch extending away from his body in a clutch situation for us last game.  Lucky doesn't make that catch 100% of the time.  I was very proud of Grant and it confirms (partly, a small part) why we kept Grant and let Lucky walk.

Well said. Some refuse to.accept lucky s limitations as a receiver--he can't catch with his hands like a receiver should.  No big deal if you game plan and play call accordingly  like you pointed out, and let.him do and the can do, which is run with the ball
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 04:31:57 PM by dd » Logged
TecnoGenius

« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2022, 06:59:49 PM »

It's well documented that the Bombers did not make Lucky an offer in F.A. which disappointed him.

I'm a bit surprised by that, but if true it makes perfect sense.

1. WPG had already decided to go the Grant-as-returner route
2. WPG didn't want to run with the Lucky-as-receiver concept: we tried and abandoned it as Lawler/Bailey were so effective
3. We knew Lucky was starter material, but the best we'd do is offer him a PR
4. We knew Lucky was coveted by other teams
5. We let him go in FA to pursue $$

So either:
a) We offer him a PR$$ contract that insults him, but we literally would just PR him so why offer more?
or
b) We say "we can't pay you what you're worth here, best of luck elsewhere", which is what we did?

I can't believe there is any animosity between WPG/Lucky.  Heck, he even showed here for our WDF last year!  And who knows, one day we may welcome Lucky back into blue & gold.

Never go full Rider!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2022, 01:37:53 AM »

I'm a bit surprised by that, but if true it makes perfect sense.

1. WPG had already decided to go the Grant-as-returner route
2. WPG didn't want to run with the Lucky-as-receiver concept: we tried and abandoned it as Lawler/Bailey were so effective
3. We knew Lucky was starter material, but the best we'd do is offer him a PR
4. We knew Lucky was coveted by other teams
5. We let him go in FA to pursue $$

So either:
a) We offer him a PR$$ contract that insults him, but we literally would just PR him so why offer more?
or
b) We say "we can't pay you what you're worth here, best of luck elsewhere", which is what we did?

I can't believe there is any animosity between WPG/Lucky.  Heck, he even showed here for our WDF last year!  And who knows, one day we may welcome Lucky back into blue & gold.

Grant beat Lucky out for the returner job, and Bailey beat him out for the 4th receiver spot midway through the 2019 season, so there wasn't much reason to retain him for the next season except as a backup role with backup wages.  He's a star player and personality, he deserves to shine.

DM83

« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2022, 12:58:57 PM »

Lucky was exciting
Hated his hair
American football players like him are a dime a dozen.
He can't really catch, but uses his punt returner body to catch the ball.

I find it surprising any pro team would sign him. He has limitations. Avery exciting player
In this season his inability to catch with his hands seems less pronounced..  BC is using him as a starting receiver.  As a fourth receiver he is very exciting.  I suspect the Bombers tried him as a receiver and were U excited.  Too bad.  He was a fan favourite.

Once BC gets healthy at receiver, who comes out ?
Blue In BC

« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2022, 01:41:31 PM »

Lucky was exciting
Hated his hair
American football players like him are a dime a dozen.
He can't really catch, but uses his punt returner body to catch the ball.

I find it surprising any pro team would sign him. He has limitations. Avery exciting player
In this season his inability to catch with his hands seems less pronounced..  BC is using him as a starting receiver.  As a fourth receiver he is very exciting.  I suspect the Bombers tried him as a receiver and were U excited.  Too bad.  He was a fan favourite.

Once BC gets healthy at receiver, who comes out ?

A dime a dozen comment is laughable. He's been the highest targeted receiver for the Lions. He's 3rd in yardage for them and has a very good catch to target ratio of 81%. That's actually higher than Ellingson or Schoen BTW.

It won't be Whitehead that gets bumped for another import player.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2022, 01:51:05 PM »

Hated his hair

Imagine hating someone's hair. How pathetic.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
Jockitch

« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2022, 04:44:45 PM »

and then there's this thread about McKnight  ......... nothing else from me

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
TecnoGenius

« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2022, 09:12:34 PM »

Imagine hating someone's hair. How pathetic.

I don't know, I see a lot of hair in this world I hate!  Imagine caring that other people hate hair.  Shocked

I don't particularly hate Lucky's hair.  However, I do hate when O/ST players have super long hair so that it's a target for tackling, as hair takedowns are 100% legal in the CFL.  If a returner is bound for the EZ and he gets stopped by the hair as the only possible tackle method, then that just cost his team.

Never go full Rider!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2022, 09:57:29 PM »

Lucky is a good to great player that can catch with his hands.  Players with his skill set and production in the CFL.are limited.

I like his hair but not the colour.

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2022, 02:57:08 AM »

Funny we were talking about hair... Grant just was victim to at least 2 hair pulls tonight.  One looked pivotal at bringing him down.  But Grant got the last laugh...  Grin Grin

Never go full Rider!
TBURGESS

« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2022, 01:59:19 PM »

Funny we were talking about hair... Grant just was victim to at least 2 hair pulls tonight.  One looked pivotal at bringing him down.  But Grant got the last laugh...  Grin Grin
Grant wasn't a victim, hair is something that the opposition is allowed to grab hold of.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: