Blue Bombers Forum
August 14, 2022, 04:51:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers bring back American receiver Kelvin McKnight  (Read 3082 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« on: July 26, 2022, 01:52:43 PM »

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have brought back American receiver Kelvin McKnight.

The 25-year-old McKnight was released by the team in June after playing eight games for the blue and gold in 2021, recording 15 receptions for 96 yards. He made his CFL debut, and first start, against the Toronto Argonauts on Friday, August 13 last year.

https://3downnation.com/2022/07/26/blue-bombers-bring-back-american-receiver-kelvin-mcknight/
Horseman

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 02:29:19 PM »

This is a Meh, signing.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 02:34:24 PM »

Good depth guy when we need it that knows our system, good job by management.

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Blue72

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 02:37:16 PM »

That's pretty bad if that's the best our GM can find and bring in, now is it Walters or is it Buck. Buck liked this kid but Kelvin never showed anything when he was here and is to short.
DM83

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 02:53:08 PM »

OMG.  Is Chevaldayoff now managing the Bombers?  What a surprising signing?   An invisible receiver who has proven his ability.  Oh well, maybe just a stop gap for a couple games.

I bet he will overwhelm us with his one catch for eight yards.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 02:53:50 PM »

Knows the system, knows Zac, fits the locker room. Probably the best option for us at this point in time. We have a "new guy" in Harrison on the roster currently if you want to be excited about the unknown. This is a low-risk good depth signing given all the injuries we've had at WR. If you're sad, pretend his name is Melvin McDay and you'll be happy.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 02:55:31 PM by Sir Blue and Gold » Logged
bluengold204

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2022, 03:15:49 PM »

Knows the system, knows Zac, fits the locker room. Probably the best option for us at this point in time. We have a "new guy" in Harrison on the roster currently if you want to be excited about the unknown. This is a low-risk good depth signing given all the injuries we've had at WR. If you're sad, pretend his name is Melvin McDay and you'll be happy.

Right?  Not sure who people expect us to sign right now.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2022, 03:22:01 PM »

I went with Delvin McVay. Grin

Pretty sensible addition at this point in the season with all the injuries at receiver. He hasn't shown much in pretty limited reps but he's familiar with the systems and his teammates.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2022, 03:58:00 PM »

I wonder if Harrison goes back on the PR or if they send McNight there directly.
Blue In BC

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2022, 05:54:46 PM »

I wonder if Harrison goes back on the PR or if they send McNight there directly.

Depends on whether Ellingson dresses for the game. We've got at least one opening due to Agudosi but two if no Ellingson. That's true unless McCrae starts at SB which I doubt but is not entirely impossible.

Either way he knows the system and who starts is up in the air until injuries are sorted out.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 05:59:41 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
TecnoGenius

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2022, 07:06:16 PM »

Haha I was just saying this the other day!  For some reason I thought EDM had snapped him up in the interim.

McKnight is perfect to slide back into the roster.  He may not have the stats (yet) but he's been here long enough to know what to do.

Really smart move and I'm really happy McKnight was ok with this move, as some may have felt snubbed by the cut.  Hehe, I hope he told KW "ya I'll come back but I want a few more bucks now that you need me!".  Cheesy Cheesy

Never go full Rider!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2022, 08:25:43 PM »

Good security but it would be nice if he made plays to.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2022, 08:36:01 PM »

This looks like a reaction to losing Agudosi...  a safe but uninspiring sighing...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2022, 10:39:09 PM »

Signing, sighing, same thing
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2022, 12:00:31 AM »

Signing, sighing, same thing
something is wrong with your spell check.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 03:52:48 AM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: