Elks announce free admission for kids under 12 for the rest of the season

Started by Throw Long Bannatyne, July 06, 2022, 05:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on July 07, 2022, 02:44:06 PM
With babysitting harder to find and costing more, this is a good option.  Question, where do they sit?  I get a baby in lap doesn't take up a seat, but if you have seats in a good section that is mostly full, and want to bring your 2 kids with you, where do you/they sit?  Or, is it just on new ticket purchases?  Like new customers getting a free cellphone, but you have to buy one because you've given the company thousands of dollars over the years (sorry, bit bitter over a recent issue).

Yes, get more young families out.  Maybe some new Canadians.  But then we get back to the bringing unvaxxed children to superspreader events...

Derail!!!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 07, 2022, 01:47:47 PM
Makes sense for Edmonton but I don't really like the idea in general. NFL and NHL won't do that. Premium products don't often go on sale and are never 'free'.

I agree, and I wouldn't go "free" in WPG.  But EDM has the biggest stadium which is 80% empty.  The one good thing about "free" is it gets you tons of free publicity and buzz.  Even compared to $1, "free" just has a bigger effect on the brain.

But, people will value "free" less.  That's why $5-$15 per seat for kids at IGF in all price sections, but maybe in the less desirable parts of each section, sounds just right to me.

Salisbury/Safeway EZ is a horrible idea for parents who love football and want to actually watch the game (like me) but want to haul the kids (and friends with kids) out more often.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 07, 2022, 02:44:06 PM
But then we get back to the bringing unvaxxed children to superspreader events...

You're literally the only one who still cares.  Were you at the last game?  It's just not a thing.
Never go full Rider!

gobombersgo

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 07, 2022, 01:47:47 PM
Makes sense for Edmonton but I don't really like the idea in general. NFL and NHL won't do that. Premium products don't often go on sale and are never 'free'. If the CFL truly is a world class league then the price should reflect that. The CFL seems to have a bit of an identity crisis. What is it trying to be, exactly?

I agree as it eliminates any value for the product. I'd rather charge 10 bucks to youth 15 and under for any seat in the stadium.

This is what the Bombers and Pepsi ae promoting by the way:

Pepsi and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are teaming up to offer you this special deal starting at $97.00* per game!
*Taxes and fees extra

Includes 4 Tickets (2 Adult, 2 Youth), 4 Pepsi Drinks, Hot Dogs, Chips and 1 Parking Pass. A Digital parking pass will be added to your account the morning of the game! Please go to the Goal Line concession on the 100 level at section 113 and they will verify the order with your last name. Taxes and fees extra.

BLUEBOMBER

I think every CFL should do this.  Kids in the stands means an adult will have to pay to get them in.  And with kids, you know they will want to buy food as they can't stop eating every hour. Yes, the team will lose a bit of money by not selling kids tickets but in the long run, if kids enjoy the game and experience what the CFL is about, they will want to come back when they grow up.  It's a long term strategy that the CFL has missed and really needs.  Smart play by the Elks top brass to save the team.  They are moving in the right direction.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on July 08, 2022, 12:08:55 AM
Pepsi and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are teaming up to offer you this special deal starting at $97.00* per game!
*Taxes and fees extra

I looked into that before buying ST and I'm pretty sure it's only for the normal crap "kids seats", EZ or upper corners.  I've never seen a kids price for any C yard line ticket, even nosebleeds.  I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Never go full Rider!

Chocolaccino

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 08, 2022, 07:02:58 PM
I looked into that before buying ST and I'm pretty sure it's only for the normal crap "kids seats", EZ or upper corners.  I've never seen a kids price for any C yard line ticket, even nosebleeds.  I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

For the family deal, the tickets start at $97 but you can get them in other sections if you want to pay more. The family deal is trying to appeal to the average family (not necessarily super fans) so they can have a nice affordable night out.

The youth tickets are definitely restricted to certain sections in the stadium, which is annoying but I doubt they will change that any time soon. Like someone else here said, there's no such thing for NHL. People pay $100+ for their kids to attend games.

bwiser

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 06, 2022, 05:17:30 PM
Brenden Escott
@BrendenEscott
The #Elks have announced free admission for kids 12 and under for the rest of the 2022 season, starting tomorrow night when the
@calstampeders
storm into Commonwealth Stadium for a Week 5 showdown.
10:08 AM ? Jul 6, 2022?Twitter Web App

Great idea!
That idea probably created more Stampeder fans after last nights performance.