Blue Bombers Forum
August 18, 2022, 06:54:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Als at Riders GDT  (Read 1496 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2022, 12:03:04 AM »

Khari has got to do better getting his team together...they are losing composure and getting beat up on the run and that just demoralizes a team. 
dd

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2022, 12:05:52 AM »

Wakefield gets the bonehead of the game award. 2 super undisciplined penalties that cost them big time, then you have safari Jones stonefaced and emotionless on the sideline. Momentum is totally shifted to.the riders and Montreal is giving this game away
dd

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2022, 12:12:19 AM »

The officiating is beyond bad. How is it Rogers doesn't get a flag for his foul on wakefield?? how does the umpire miss this?!? Unbelievab!e
dd

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2022, 12:12:59 AM »

This game is over
dd

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2022, 12:17:04 AM »

Williams holding get again on another play. Sickening these aren't  being called.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2022, 12:49:06 AM »

This game is over
Likely but lots time and Sask has zero discipline

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2022, 01:16:37 AM »

Harris sucks at crunch time.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2022, 01:17:10 AM »

Saskatchewan and Montreal both looked horrible tonight. Penalty every third play. Both teams looked like they took turns trying to be inept.

Why do we have two divisions? Suitor talking about how "both divisions being so close" is cringe. The East has a combined 2-11 record. One of those teams gets to host the East Final. What a joke. None should even be even close to playoff teams right now.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2022, 01:19:24 AM »

I would love to know the number of times passes parallel to the LOS are actually successful beyond getting 2 yards.  Those plays would NOT be in my playbook...seems like they are consistently a waste of a down

Ya, maybe a 20% success rate, with "success" meaning 5+ yards.  Sometimes it goes for huge yards, though... that Nichols toss to Lucky, anyone?

But... it does stretch out the D, especially the line and any "contain" assignees.  And that can be important for the gut run game and quick passes to the middle/flat.  Kind of like a sweep, even ones that fail loosen the D.

Never go full Rider!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2022, 01:33:08 AM »

Saskatchewan and Montreal both looked horrible tonight. Penalty every third play. Both teams looked like they took turns trying to be inept.

Why do we have two divisions? Suitor talking about how "both divisions being so close" is cringe. The East has a combined 2-11 record. One of those teams gets to host the East Final. What a joke. None should even be even close to playoff teams right now.
Suitor is either complete inept or tows the company line with ignorance.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2022, 01:51:01 AM »

Glad I left that game to go for a bike ride.  Waaaaay better - especially hearing nick Marshall made a play, I can only imagine Suitor calling that one....ugh
TecnoGenius

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2022, 02:55:40 AM »

The officiating is beyond bad. How is it Rogers doesn't get a flag for his foul on wakefield?? how does the umpire miss this?!? Unbelievab!e

Right after the half the Riders went to their old max-hold scheme.  Every single run success was due to excessive holding by SSK.  I'm kind of glad to see Shivers isn't letting me down this year with the cheatin' holds.  SSK going back to old form because they have zero air threat.

And the refs, as usual, just ignore it.  I wonder if SSK got a ref wink & nod at halftime.  We're talking holds right at the point of attack.  It's astounding how good SSK is at this year after year.

They are going to use this run/hold game all season.  This will be their plan against us.  Since the refs won't call it, we'll just have to out-physical them and/or plan to stop the run.  Make Cody throw to no one.  The only threat is KSB.  Duke is worthless, gets hurt every diving non-catch, just like '21.

Never go full Rider!
dd

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2022, 03:03:08 AM »

I am astounded at the point of attack holds that led to TDs that were missed. It?s unbelievable. Williams held Sutton #37 on 2 TD plays.....can the Als not challenge the hold on a scoring play?? I know all scoring plays are reviewed, but they won?t call a hold of the refs missed it obviously but they should. Those holds were heinous.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2022, 04:53:10 AM »

I am astounded at the point of attack holds that led to TDs that were missed. It?s unbelievable. Williams held Sutton #37 on 2 TD plays.....can the Als not challenge the hold on a scoring play?? I know all scoring plays are reviewed, but they won?t call a hold of the refs missed it obviously but they should. Those holds were heinous.

On one of the TD runs you could clearly see a Rider blocker in the background throw a DB to the ground by his facemask, no call.  Duke Williams didn't catch a single pass, but he is a master at holding his block until the ball carrier passes by before releasing him from his death grip. 

Dickie 2.0 has little control over his club, like the Bombers the players have developed their own culture, unlike the Bombers their culture is rancid.  This was the first game this year that I did not enjoy watching.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2022, 05:35:22 AM »

I've said it every year: we need to coach up SSK level of O (and ST) holding.  If we held as much as SSK then BO/JA would look as good as Morrow.  You really gotta hand it to SSK coaching to hold up to the level the refs will tolerate.

It's precisely what they did that one year ('18?) where Powell destroyed us in the 4th with non-stop running plays and the holds were just disgusting.

If the league is going to permit this, then we need to be doing it too.

I'm just glad we got to see mega-hold SSK in advance of our games with them.  Let's us plan what we'll need to do to stop/counter it.

If you stop SSK's run game, they have nothing on O.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: