Blue Bombers Forum
August 18, 2022, 06:33:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Edmonton at Hamilton GDT  (Read 1972 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2022, 03:12:20 PM »

Wow. penthouse to outhouse for Ham...  from he Grey Cup to hoping they can win a game this year. 

100% on the GM, Dane Evans never showed top talent, especially in the GC last year.  How you signed him and let Masoli go, no idea.  And if Ott wins against them, yikes.

Can they pry a QB out of another team?  I can't see anyone trading an actual player to Ham except as a salary dump, and even then...

Do they start Schiltz?  Cut Evans outright?  Find a Canadian QB (BC/EDM seem to be doing OK with that). 

It was unfortunate to hear fans booing at the donut hole after the game.  Not saying the team doesn't deserve it, just that the CFL needs good fans, and HAM is crushing the souls of theirs right now...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TBURGESS

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2022, 03:54:22 PM »

Masoli hasn't won a game yet either.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2022, 04:08:42 PM »

He's still a better pivot than Evans, though.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
CrazyCanuck89

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2022, 04:32:30 PM »

People seem to love his passing yards, but he's not throwing TDs.
dd

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2022, 06:32:36 PM »

Wow. penthouse to outhouse for Ham...  from he Grey Cup to hoping they can win a game this year. 

100% on the GM, Dane Evans never showed top talent, especially in the GC last year.  How you signed him and let Masoli go, no idea.  And if Ott wins against them, yikes.

Can they pry a QB out of another team?  I can't see anyone trading an actual player to Ham except as a salary dump, and even then...

Do they start Schiltz?  Cut Evans outright?  Find a Canadian QB (BC/EDM seem to be doing OK with that). 

It was unfortunate to hear fans booing at the donut hole after the game.  Not saying the team doesn't deserve it, just that the CFL needs good fans, and HAM is crushing the souls of theirs right now...
They ain?t cutting Evans outright. They chose him as heir apparent and are going to stick with him. Bass news is they haven?t won a game, good news is, first place team only has 1 win so they aren?t out of anything in the east!!! They ll turn it around
bluebeard

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2022, 06:40:33 PM »

I'm not so certain that Evans can turn things around immediately as he looked, after his fumble, pretty dejected.  Confidence in a QB is half the battle.  He may need some time to restore that confidence by playing back up for a game or so.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2022, 06:59:47 PM »

STE keeps letting possible receptions deflect off his chest and turn into int's.  IIRC one last week and one this week.

STE is a RB.  How many times have we seen this: you try to use your RB as a receiver and get surprised when they can't make catches.  There are very few RBs that have receiver hands.  AH is one of them.  When the game is on the line I always shudder when teams put it all on a pass to a RB.

I don't blame STE.  He's very good when used as intended.  However, he seems to have regressed since his stellar 2018.

Hey, look at the hail mary on 3rd&10 at 0:23 again: Evans had a wide open 1st down on the field side.  Didn't even glance that way.  23s left was lots of time for a few more passes.  Didn't need to do anything other than get 1st down.  Again, I put a lot of the blame on Condell.

The funniest part is HAM got beat by a "team" that replaced 6 AR this week, and a ton last week, and a ton the week before.  It's the ultimate Frankenteam and it's astounding they can win anything.  When is CJ going to learn it's not the players, it's how they come together as a unit.  Proof: WPG last 4 seasons.

Never go full Rider!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2022, 08:28:13 PM »

STE is a RB.  How many times have we seen this: you try to use your RB as a receiver and get surprised when they can't make catches.  There are very few RBs that have receiver hands.  AH is one of them.  When the game is on the line I always shudder when teams put it all on a pass to a RB.

I don't blame STE.  He's very good when used as intended.  However, he seems to have regressed since his stellar 2018.

Hey, look at the hail mary on 3rd&10 at 0:23 again: Evans had a wide open 1st down on the field side.  Didn't even glance that way.  23s left was lots of time for a few more passes.  Didn't need to do anything other than get 1st down.  Again, I put a lot of the blame on Condell.

Ti-Cats on the Elks 29 yd. line, 26 seconds left, time enough for at least 2 plays and maybe a plunge, instead of going for 10 yds. and a 1st down Evans throws a 40+ yd. pass for TERNOWSKI in the endzone!  A receiver with 1 catch this season.  YIKES!!!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2022, 11:00:58 PM »

Wow!  Is it on a separate channel away from the usual TSN area?

Anyone know if this works with the older BlueSky gear or if I have to upgrade to the newest stuff?

Oh to watch the WPG@TOR game in 4k....

Channel 219 on Shaw.  I have bluecurve
DM83

« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2022, 03:27:13 AM »

Evans is playing himself out of Canada he was horrible.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2022, 04:37:02 AM »

Say what you want about Matt Nichols, but faced with that same situation (or worse), he gave us some game-winning drives at IGF.  Nichols could overcome the moment.  Evans, not so much.  BLM always said as a QB that's the situation you dream of being in -- just drive the field for a minute and win.

(Remember the MTL Miracle Game anyone?)

Never go full Rider!
Pigskin

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2022, 01:24:11 PM »

Say what you want about Matt Nichols, but faced with that same situation (or worse), he gave us some game-winning drives at IGF.  Nichols could overcome the moment.  Evans, not so much.  BLM always said as a QB that's the situation you dream of being in -- just drive the field for a minute and win.

(Remember the MTL Miracle Game anyone?)

I also remember the 2016 western semi. Matt had the ball late in the game and couldn't get us close enough to kick the game winning FG.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 01:28:26 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2022, 02:52:03 PM »

I also remember the 2016 western semi. Matt had the ball late in the game and couldn't get us close enough to kick the game winning FG.

LOL Cheesy

He's not the reason the Bombers lost that game.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Slava Ukraini!
dd

« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2022, 03:38:13 PM »

Guess who leads the league in passing yards??
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2022, 03:45:59 PM »

Guess who leads the league in passing yards??

He's also leading in INTs. Not to mention his team is 0-4. Is there a trophy for passing yards?

#forthew
#defendthecup

Slava Ukraini!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: