BC Lions / Nathan Rourke discussion

Started by Austin85, June 26, 2022, 06:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

I don't Rourke has punched his golden ticket to the NFL...his showing in the playoffs wasn't stellar and that last drive where they chewed a bunch of clock cause he couldn't hear isn't going to show well.

If he wants to be a PR QB then there could be a spot for him if that is what he wants. 

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on November 15, 2022, 04:20:36 PM
I don't Rourke has punched his golden ticket to the NFL...his showing in the playoffs wasn't stellar and that last drive where they chewed a bunch of clock cause he couldn't hear isn't going to show well.

If he wants to be a PR QB then there could be a spot for him if that is what he wants. 
I agree he has not shown enough. He will be back in BC.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

I don't think he could get tryouts south of the border, especially if his brother does well (by association).

Will he stick?  Maybe, maybe not.  Depends on his health at the time of the tryouts.

If he returns to BC for the final year of his ELC, you can bet it will be re-worked.

I'm all for showing emotion, but I'm sorry if crying in Burnham's arms dropped him a peg on my esteem list.  Don't want him going off the end like MBT when he doesn't get a call, but he seems a bit soft to me.  Might make his teammates protect him more... like they would a little sister... no offense to little sisters or protective big brothers, but that seems to me more the dynamic...and not a great one for a football team. 

No doubting his talent, and that his team has a reason to rally behind him.  Just wish he wasn't so weepy...  not my image of a football QB...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on November 15, 2022, 04:20:36 PM

Well, he's already got work outs scheduled for next week, so he did enough to create the interest.

Now he just has to perform.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on November 15, 2022, 05:17:02 PM
Well, he's already got work outs scheduled for next week, so he did enough to create the interest.

He'll land a PR spot down there at the very least. He's a raw talent with a ton of upside.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on November 15, 2022, 05:17:02 PM

Tough call. He may get some offers but unless he gets some signing bonus, it's just a chance in TC. Probability would look at a PR spot.

I wish him well but IMO he'd be better off with one more season in the CFL.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bomb squad

He?s got beautiful throwing mechanics, good zip, accuracy, mobility when healthy, and he?s young. Although he has shown he?s already good, we can also see he has plenty of room to grow. The question is how much? He?s got some stuff going for him right now. Lots of NFL teams are still searching for that star qb that they all need to be competitive. I don?t think he has anything to lose by trying out. But I think a team will have to show him some tangible vested interest for him to sign.

J5V

He's good but is he NFL good? Not too sure about that.
Go Bombers!

Pigskin

Well, he is a lot better than CS was in his second year. CS has been down south for three years now.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

the paw

Quote from: bomb squad on November 15, 2022, 05:59:36 PM
He?s got beautiful throwing mechanics, good zip, accuracy, mobility when healthy, and he?s young. Although he has shown he?s already good, we can also see he has plenty of room to grow. The question is how much? He?s got some stuff going for him right now. Lots of NFL teams are still searching for that star qb that they all need to be competitive. I don?t think he has anything to lose by trying out. But I think a team will have to show him some tangible vested interest for him to sign.

He's scheduled to make $80k in the CFL next year, so he had absolutely nothing to loose by taking any NFL offer.  Even a PR spot would pay him more.  If it doesn't pan out, he will still have the leverage to come back and get a $400k contract in the CFL.

He won't improve his NFL interest by coming back for another year either.  Half a season was plenty to show consistency and his complete skill set.  Any NFL team that would be interested has enough data, and would prefer to develop him in their program rather than letting him gain more CFL experience.

The only hesitation might be a medical one, in terms of teams wanting to see if the foot is right.
grab grass 'n growl

theaardvark

Farhan Lalji@FarhanLaljiTSN
Rourke & his reps wanted to take advantage of the @CFL
?s earlier window to begin @NFL
tryouts so that they can spread the workouts out more. The window opens Nov 21 & he has his first 2 teams scheduled for 21-22. More than 2 dozen teams have inquired. @CFLonTSN
?1/2

@FarhanLaljiTSN
2/2 Rourke?s foot is healthy enough for him to throw. He won?t be expected to run a 40 or those type of drills. The situation he?s looking for is a realistic opportunity to compete for a #2 job & healthy guarantee of 1st year salary. Hope to have a NFL/CFL decision made by Jan
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

bomb squad

Quote from: J5V on November 15, 2022, 06:22:45 PM
He's good but is he NFL good? Not too sure about that.

I think so. 20 years ago, his size may have been an issue, but that's changed (about time too). Otherwise, all things considered, yes, he is NFL good. You don't have to be a beast like Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson to be successful in the NFL. Look at guys like Mahomes and Wilson. Heinike has probably earned himself the starting job in Washington. Could Rourke be as good or better than him? You bet he could be.  

dd

Quote from: theaardvark on November 15, 2022, 07:02:34 PM
Rourke & his reps wanted to take advantage of the @CFL
?s earlier window to begin @NFL
tryouts so that they can spread the workouts out more. The window opens Nov 21 & he has his first 2 teams scheduled for 21-22. More than 2 dozen teams have inquired. @CFLonTSN
?1/2

@FarhanLaljiTSN
2/2 Rourke?s foot is healthy enough for him to throw. He won?t be expected to run a 40 or those type of drills. The situation he?s looking for is a realistic opportunity to compete for a #2 job & healthy guarantee of 1st year salary. Hope to have a NFL/CFL decision made by Jan
Wow, good for him. I hope he catches on with some team

J5V

Quote from: Pigskin on November 15, 2022, 06:24:52 PM
Well, he is a lot better than CS was in his second year. CS has been down south for three years now.

Chris is a man. I have a hard time imagining Streveler sobbing about anything.
Go Bombers!

dd

Quote from: J5V on November 16, 2022, 01:14:57 AM
Chris is a man. I have a hard time imagining Streveler sobbing about anything.
Ya, that was ugly. Rourke has been thrust into the TSN spotlight because he?s Canadian and no doubt he loves the camera, but nobody is going to give a roaring rip about him and his passport down south. He better man up and quick