BC Lions / Nathan Rourke discussion

Started by Austin85, June 26, 2022, 06:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 25, 2022, 05:02:20 AM
There is that possibility they could be rushing him back.  Everything I read about the injury he suffered is that it take significant time to heal.  Yes, we have to trust the medical staff but it there has to be at least some risk in bringing him back this quickly.

I have to think he's not 100% and throwing a football at practice is pretty different from live-fire game action. I honestly wonder what the threshold is in terms of mobility for clearing a player from a medical standpoint. If he plays in the West Semifinal, the Lions' O-line will need to have its best game by far to keep him clean.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Ducky

I expect Rourke will be heavily taped inside his shoe.  With extra taping outside.

He will undoubtedly have some uncomfortable moments but it will really hurt after the game and he has the tape off.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Waffler on October 25, 2022, 12:44:30 PM
BC made it clear from the beginning he will come back if medically cleared. I think the franchise is under a lot of pressure. This is the first time attendance has gone up in 10 years there. They are not going to let that momentum go. Add to that they have a legitimate shot of winning it all. Of course Rourke plays.

Ya, think of the publicity and ticket sales for the WSF with Rourke vs sans-Rourke!  That alone is worth trotting him out.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Welp, he is playing as reported by TSN Farnham. Interesting to see how he does here in the Peg when it is 0 degrees outside.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

bomb squad

Count me in as hoping he does well. Even though it?s against us. It would be a big bump for the league going into the playoffs.

theaardvark

Its going to be a question of mobility.  Re-injury is easy with that kind of issue, but he's months out of practice, and doesn't have the legs he had to start the year right now.

WBB are going to have their ears pinned back.  Nothing to lose in losing the game, so its going to be a pinata game with Rourke if he plays.

Not saying that the WBB will *try* to injure Rourke, just saying they aren't going to treat him like glass.  They are going to play full speed, and he better be able to keep upright.

A minor tweak and he is either compromised or doesn't play in the WDF, or maybe even the WF if they make it there.  That's not a bad thing for us.

If he gets a full quarter, I'd be surprised.  Don't change your bets based on him playing the full game.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sec227

Quote from: theaardvark on October 26, 2022, 03:35:16 PM
Its going to be a question of mobility.  Re-injury is easy with that kind of issue, but he's months out of practice, and doesn't have the legs he had to start the year right now.

WBB are going to have their ears pinned back.  Nothing to lose in losing the game, so its going to be a pinata game with Rourke if he plays.

Not saying that the WBB will *try* to injure Rourke, just saying they aren't going to treat him like glass.  They are going to play full speed, and he better be able to keep upright.

A minor tweak and he is either compromised or doesn't play in the WDF, or maybe even the WF if they make it there.  That's not a bad thing for us.

If he gets a full quarter, I'd be surprised.  Don't change your bets based on him playing the full game.

This is exactly what I was thinking. One or 2 hard sacks, and that could be it again for the year.

Horseman

Quote from: bomb squad on October 25, 2022, 11:35:17 PM
Count me in as hoping he does well. Even though it?s against us. It would be a big bump for the league going into the playoffs.

NOPE...not hoping he does well!!!!!!!!!

The Zipp

Quote from: theaardvark on October 26, 2022, 03:35:16 PM

Bc will be thinking the same about ZC.  One bad sack and crack to his head and we are heading into the final with Dru. 

bomb squad

Quote from: Horseman on October 26, 2022, 04:09:13 PM

Just for this game and the semi. Totally ok with crushing him in the final.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: bomb squad on October 26, 2022, 05:58:02 PM
Just for this game and the semi. Totally ok with crushing him in the final.
If he even makes it that far?.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Horseman on October 26, 2022, 04:09:13 PM

Ya, I want him to suck.  Don't want BC getting all the momo and morale going into the playoffs!  That's the mojo we need, not them!

I'm leery of playing too rough or trying too hard to lay the wood on any BC player because then we set up a "oh you want to play hardball" retaliation scenario.  Best if both teams take it really easy and we'll just see which team makes more deep plays.

If I was either team I'd seriously go to the other team and say: look, it's the pro-bowl, have fun and no one gets hurt.  Tell them we "let" them win in front of their fans with no injuries, so let us win in front of our fans with no injuries.

We want BC to get beat up in the WSF vs CGY, not in this game.

If someone starts whacking hard in this game, I expect the pad-popping to get out of control.  I don't want to see that.
Never go full Rider!

Horseman

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 27, 2022, 01:02:00 AM
Ya, I want him to suck.  Don't want BC getting all the momo and morale going into the playoffs!  That's the mojo we need, not them!

I'm leery of playing too rough or trying too hard to lay the wood on any BC player because then we set up a "oh you want to play hardball" retaliation scenario.  Best if both teams take it really easy and we'll just see which team makes more deep plays.

If I was either team I'd seriously go to the other team and say: look, it's the pro-bowl, have fun and no one gets hurt.  Tell them we "let" them win in front of their fans with no injuries, so let us win in front of our fans with no injuries.

If someone starts whacking hard in this game, I expect the pad-popping to get out of control.  I don't want to see that.

No way, No how, MOS will tell the team to go out and play with half an effort. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME, period, you cannot play any other way than full speed, as soon as you play to soft, THAT is when injuries will happen. Besides MOS and the players only know one way to play and that is hard nosed football and they would expect the same from BC.

Waffler

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 27, 2022, 01:02:00 AM

I don't want to beat teams because someone got hurt. We should be able to beat the best if we want to stay champs. Let's do that.  The semi should be rough enough anyway. That's why you want first. I don't care a whit if we win this one or not.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Waffler on October 27, 2022, 03:03:51 PM
I don't want to beat teams because someone got hurt. We should be able to beat the best if we want to stay champs. Let's do that.  The semi should be rough enough anyway. That's why you want first. I don't a whit if we win this one or not.

But that's one of the main perks for winning #1 in division: the other 2 teams have to beat each other up in a SF before they reach you.  It's just a fact.

I don't wish injury on any player or team specifically, but am more than happy to watch them ding each other up right before they face us.  We've had to do it before, like in 2019 with Strevie getting his foot broken in the WSF.

We are injury-hampered this season, even going into the playoffs.  If the football gods even it out a bit for either the Lions/Stamps, I'm ok with that.  We also have to cross our fingers that in our remaining 3 games we can stay injury free.

We won the '21 GC against a team that lost their starting QB in the 1st Q... did that win still not make you happy?
Never go full Rider!