BC Lions / Nathan Rourke discussion

Started by Austin85, June 26, 2022, 06:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Rourke coming back is a bad idea for BC, but more so for Rourke.

He has a bright career ahead of him.  Taking a risk coming back to helm a depleated team with little chance of success is far too high a risk / reward.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

I don?t think BC has little chance of success, if he?s back to normal, they beat Calgary easily and we ll have to play letter perfect football. They have a wicked return game, which will give him great field position, Butler is a beast running back and their D is decent. They have just as good a chance to win it as any one

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on October 16, 2022, 09:31:34 PM
I don?t think BC has little chance of success, if he?s back to normal, they beat Calgary easily and we ll have to play letter perfect football. They have a wicked return game, which will give him great field position, Butler is a beast running back and their D is decent. They have just as good a chance to win it as any one

They a very well constructed roster throughout. With or without Rourke they are most certainly a threat in the playoffs. No question about it.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

bomb squad

Quote from: theaardvark on October 16, 2022, 08:22:16 PM
Rourke coming back is a bad idea for BC, but more so for Rourke.

He has a bright career ahead of him.  Taking a risk coming back to helm a depleated team with little chance of success is far too high a risk / reward.

Come on Aards. They're the 2nd best team in the league. Everybody's roster is depleted at this time of year. They'll likely clinch home field for the semi next week and will be able to rest players for the final regular season game. Not exactly set up for "little chance of success".

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: bomb squad on October 16, 2022, 11:02:09 PM
Come on Aards. They're the 2nd best team in the league. Everybody's roster is depleted at this time of year. They'll likely clinch home field for the semi next week and will be able to rest players for the final regular season game. Not exactly set up for "little chance of success".
^ this. Right on the money. No blue n gold coloured glasses opinion here!

bomb squad

This is how I see it going down for BC. They'll clinch next week against the Elks. They will play Rourke here in Wpg, but only a quarter tops. They'll see how he does with his injury. Adams will not play. If Rourke does ok, he will start in the semi. In not, it will be Adams. If Rourke does well, they will sell out the stadium for the semi. And I'm not talking lower deck only.

dd

Whatever game Rourke comes back, he ll start and play until he?s executing the offense well then they ll save him for their playoff run.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: bomb squad on October 16, 2022, 11:31:37 PM
This is how I see it going down for BC. They'll clinch next week against the Elks. They will play Rourke here in Wpg, but only a quarter tops. They'll see how he does with his injury. Adams will not play. If Rourke does ok, he will start in the semi. In not, it will be Adams. If Rourke does well, they will sell out the stadium for the semi. And I'm not talking lower deck only.
wow how precise of you. Playing Rourke in the regular finale would be just plain dumb of BC. He may play in the Western semi final bit no earlier.

bomb squad

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 16, 2022, 11:47:59 PM
wow how precise of you. Playing Rourke in the regular finale would be just plain dumb of BC. He may play in the Western semi final bit no earlier.

Well, I guess you can call BC plain dumb then. The report during yesterday's telecast was they're targeting his return for the final game in Wpg. Unless I heard wrong, but I don't think so.   

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: bomb squad on October 17, 2022, 02:24:14 AM
Well, I guess you can call BC plain dumb then. The report during yesterday's telecast was they're targeting his return for the final game in Wpg. Unless I heard wrong, but I don't think so.   
fair enough, I guess BC wants to push it with Rourke.

dd

I m thinking they want him to shake off any rust he may have in a nothing game when the bombers will be resting some of their key personnel

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on October 16, 2022, 03:24:08 PM
He still has pain in his foot. So, if you can't run, you're a dead duck. On a cool/cold day in Winnipeg, he would feel the pain a lot more.

Who does he think he is, Streveler?  :o :D :D :D

No one but Strevie can be Strevie.
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 17, 2022, 02:28:17 AM
fair enough, I guess BC wants to push it with Rourke.

This is exactly what they will do. They must think Rourke at whatever % is greater than Adams at 100%.

We will know a lot more this week, if he is able to practice again and what happens with that.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Lincoln Locomotive

Let's not forget Rourke is first and foremost a Canadian and has played in the "elements".    The guy borders on supernatural abilities and if he plays in the last game against us at home he will be a factor even if Zach plays.   Win or lose this last season regular game, we still play on Nov. 13 at home and a few weeks ago we thought for certain it was going to be against Calgary.   If Rourke is in that certainly tilts the tables in their favour.   He is THAT good!   
THAT being said, I still like our chances of playing for a 3rd consecutive Cup in Regina!
Bomber fan for life

theaardvark

Quote from: bomb squad on October 16, 2022, 11:02:09 PM

We voluntarily sat players and almost beat them.  They have a lot of injuries, and lost more in game.

If Rourke is 100%, and Burnham/Lucky are back, then BC is a contender.

If Rourke is 75%, he is at risk getting injured worse, either exacerbating current injury or suffering a new one because he cannot effectively evade tacklers.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.