Blue Bombers Forum
August 19, 2022, 09:59:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deep threat  (Read 1217 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2022, 03:09:26 PM »

I am going to disagree with your statement - I do not believe we have any WR that scare DB's. We IMHO do not have that speedly WR that can challenge DB's. I do not believe we have replaced who we lost from last year in terms of a WR that can scare folks.

When a DB has to decide which of one or two moves a WR makes, he is put behind.  No matter how fast a DB is, he is not catching up in most cases, and if not giving up a reception, takes a DPI...

I think all our WR (including Shoen) seem to have a good ability to double move.  We seem to have good route runners.  The more time Collaros has with them, and the more time the Oline give Collaros, the better the whole becomes.  And, if we can get some running game going... well...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2022, 04:09:12 PM »

Schoen has better speed that most think, has run a 4.47 40.

I agree, Schoen seems to have a very long stride which makes his speed deceptive, still not a burner though.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 04:18:49 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2022, 04:58:38 PM »

Much as the preseason buzz was that Shoen was having a great camp, I did not think he was going to be THIS good.  It is pretty amazing what he has Shoen so far. 

Whether it is because other teams have yet to either figure him out or give him respect, I don't care.  All that matters is he is getting open and making catches.

Ellingson has easily filled Lawler's shoes... and Shoen has filled in admirably for Adams. 

Not worried in the least about our WR corps.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2022, 05:44:09 PM »

I have to compliment Darvin on his conditioning and effort this year, he looks much faster and more vigorous than he has in the last couple of years.  Good on him.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2022, 07:50:42 PM »

I have to compliment Darvin on his conditioning and effort this year, he looks much faster and more vigorous than he has in the last couple of years.  Good on him.

Yes, and he's been working on his hands.  He's making 80% of the tough/diving catches this year, when last 2 seasons in WPG those tough catches were 50/50 for him.  He seems more mentally focussed in OTT.

Never go full Rider!
Horseman

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2022, 08:52:06 PM »

Much as the preseason buzz was that Shoen was having a great camp, I did not think he was going to be THIS good.  It is pretty amazing what he has Shoen so far. 

Whether it is because other teams have yet to either figure him out or give him respect, I don't care.  All that matters is he is getting open and making catches.

Ellingson has easily filled Lawler's shoes... and Shoen has filled in admirably for Adams. 

Not worried in the least about our WR corps.

I saw what you did there. Wink
DM83

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2022, 06:50:20 AM »

Darvin was always good for. A quarter of the year, ten usually got nicked up, and then came back after a couple games .  I trust he will be similar.

We should be worried about Grey.  He can not play at this level based on the All-Stars on the Ottawa D-line. Grey had to hold every play, or let the guy well not let the guy, but couldn't even touch him.

I see a change there.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: