Blue Bombers Forum
August 19, 2022, 10:59:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deep threat  (Read 1219 times)
Austin85

« on: June 18, 2022, 02:14:56 AM »

I like our receiver's . Do you think any one are legitimate deep threat ones ?
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 02:24:20 AM »

Shoen occasionally

I like em too
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 02:28:54 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Top Gun

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 02:29:05 AM »

I like our receiver's . Do you think any one are legitimate deep threat ones ?

None
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 02:30:17 AM »

We don't have a jump ball guy like Lawler but there are very few of those. Demski is probably the best deep route guy we got because of his speed.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2022, 03:03:13 AM »

We don't have a jump ball guy like Lawler but there are very few of those. Demski is probably the best deep route guy we got because of his speed.
Disagree on Demski and deep ball

Love the guy but chance he consistently catches a deep ball is low

Agree no jumper

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 04:04:57 AM »

All our receivers are deep threats.  Will we use them that way?  Maybe once in a while hoping for a bust on breaking tendencies.

Fastest to slowest: Demski, Ellingson, Schoen, Woli, Bailey (my guesses)

We use Demski the most in terms of post-go routes (remember the vs SSK games in '19 and '21?).  Woli has made the deep rail catch (never JFG!) a few times.  But we haven't tried that throw in quite a long time -- maybe not since Lapo?

Never go full Rider!
bunker

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 04:54:36 AM »

All our receivers are deep threats.  Will we use them that way?  Maybe once in a while hoping for a bust on breaking tendencies.

Fastest to slowest: Demski, Ellingson, Schoen, Woli, Bailey (my guesses)

We use Demski the most in terms of post-go routes (remember the vs SSK games in '19 and '21?).  Woli has made the deep rail catch (never JFG!) a few times.  But we haven't tried that throw in quite a long time -- maybe not since Lapo?

Schoen has better speed that most think, has run a 4.47 40.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 04:57:57 AM by bunker » Logged
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022, 10:14:19 AM »

Disagree on Demski and deep ball

Love the guy but chance he consistently catches a deep ball is low

Agree no jumper

Maybe but we have been using Demski in that role more this year. People wondering where he was to start the season. Well, he's not near the line and scrimmage as much as last year (and way less than when Lapo was here), he's deeper downfield clearing out and stretching the defense.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2022, 11:47:05 AM »

Shoen occasionally

I like em too
None

We have possession style WRs only

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2022, 12:54:01 PM »

What are you defining as deep?

We can go deep with any of them and do.  We don't have a Tyreek Hill but nobody really does. 

I really think we may have found the next Brandon Zylstra in Shoen. 
3rdand1.5

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2022, 01:05:44 PM »

I think our receivers are very good. We haven't seen deep routes develop IMO as ZC hasn't had the time due to poor o-line play. Bring up the level of play on the o-line and our receivers will have the deep ball ability.

dd

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2022, 01:26:25 PM »

Demski on his post or corner routes is a bonafide deep threat as he finds the end zone often with these routes. But we need to get him more involved in the offense with his jet sweeps and shallow drag routes. Missed yesterday?s game but the first game, he was very quiet, need to get the ball in his hands. Like what we ve seen from Ellingson and Shoen so far
the paw

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2022, 02:55:48 PM »

Much ado about nothing.  Just this last game Ellingson, Schoen, and Wolitarsky all had a 30 yard reception.  Bailey had one for 24.  And we know from last year that Demski can get open deep.

Moreover, Ellingson is long, and can make the tough grabs with guys draped on him.  Lawler is a little better at the 50-50, but Ellingson can make those grabs.  He comes as advertised.

My only concern about our receivers is that (a) Bailey isn?t getting as much of the workload as I had expected, and (b) we don?t have a ton of depth on the PR.

grab grass 'n growl
theaardvark

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2022, 02:58:24 PM »

I think any can be a deep threat, which means DB's will be kept guessing off the line... who's heading deep, who's crossing, etc...

Buck will figure out more on how to use them as the season continues and he gets more film...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2022, 03:05:22 PM »

I think any can be a deep threat, which means DB's will be kept guessing off the line... who's heading deep, who's crossing, etc...

Buck will figure out more on how to use them as the season continues and he gets more film...

I am going to disagree with your statement - I do not believe we have any WR that scare DB's. We IMHO do not have that speedly WR that can challenge DB's. I do not believe we have replaced who we lost from last year in terms of a WR that can scare folks.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: