Als at Argos GDT (Harris debut)

Started by GOLDMEMBER, June 16, 2022, 01:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictorRomano

https://www.sportsnet.ca/cfl/article/argonauts-rb-andrew-harris-to-have-surgery-for-torn-pectoral-muscle-out-for-season/

Do we have an over/under on the "retirement at end of season"?

Did he even make it half a season?  In the end Father Time will always win.  Looks like the BB made the right choice to move on.

blue_or_die

Just terrible news. Poor Andrew. Super good chance this is the end.

Not the way to go for a CFL legend.
#Ride?

GOLDMEMBER

No one wanted to see this. Maybe he comes back here next year on the cheap?  :P
He is a pleasure to watch run. No question. This is reminiscent of Charlie off the BC for me.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Horseman

Quote from: VictorRomano on August 17, 2022, 06:00:29 PM
https://www.sportsnet.ca/cfl/article/argonauts-rb-andrew-harris-to-have-surgery-for-torn-pectoral-muscle-out-for-season/

Do we have an over/under on the "retirement at end of season"?

Did he even make it half a season?  In the end Father Time will always win.  Looks like the BB made the right choice to move on.

He made it too game 8, less than half a season. His mind was saying go but his body finally said no.

Waffler

Not good for his career but should be 100% recovery after rehab. It could have been worse. Best of luck to him, he'll never be forgotten here.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

theaardvark

Pinball will get a bit of SMS relief, not sure how much money AH33 got up front...

Hate to see it end that way, in that uniform, and I've been an AH booster until the end of last year, but its looking like the right decision was made.  Sure 20/20 hindsight... but getting any player, especially one with injury issues, to work out before signing is just prudent.

No idea what happened with his personal life, but it seems that had a big effect on his career.  Would have hoped for him that his personal life would have been a comfort to him as his playing career wound down, but it looks like neither has really been great.  I do hope he has support going forward. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Was it really hindsight, though? Harris was no doubt very productive in 2021 but he only played half the season.

The Bombers made a shrewd business move. This unfortunate development simply reinforces that, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_or_die on August 17, 2022, 06:01:45 PM
Just terrible news. Poor Andrew. Super good chance this is the end.

Not the way to go for a CFL legend.

At the same time - was he going to leave the field any other way?
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

How does one get this injury?  Never really heard of it much in the CFL.  Was the injury play televised?  I don't recall any weird hit on TV.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Quote from: DCM on August 17, 2022, 05:22:51 PM
Dave Naylor
@TSNDaveNaylor
The @TorontoArgos have determined that @andrewharris33?s 2022 season is over. Team was hopeful he would be back in 4-6 weeks but torn pec muscle requires season-ending surgery. #CFL #Argos

My wife said last night, if he needs surgery, he will not play another game this season.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

dd

That?s too bad and not th way to end the career, but we seen this coming. I hope as others have, he gets the support to put things back together and move on from football, and get his personal life in order.

The Zipp

A good course of Dianabol and he will be back for the playoffs...

He is a quick healer..don't count him out for the cup

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on August 17, 2022, 11:40:01 PM
A good course of Dianabol and he will be back for the playoffs...

He is a quick healer..don't count him out for the cup

This the Rider forum?
My wife is amazing!

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

This happened to Barrin Simpson when he was 31. Came back from it but only played a couple more years.
Was named a Western All-Star after his return.

https://www.cfl.ca/2009/06/11/simpson-back-from-injury-and-ready-to-go/

Waffler

Yeah, likely just a torn muscle which heals 100% given time. The question is the age of Harris who at 35 is already pushing the limits of what an everyday back can do. Next year he would be doing it at 36.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers