Als at Argos GDT (Harris debut)

Started by GOLDMEMBER, June 16, 2022, 01:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rdand1.5

Quote from: pjrocksmb on June 17, 2022, 06:30:32 PM
Was a stomp and then a little fight

the stomper deserved the ejection if he meant to do it, the other guy didn't do much I didn't think, just a wee bit of after whistle minor wrestling LOL

What it looked like to me was the defender "accidently" stepped on the lineman's back, the the lineman "accidently" grabbed and twisted his other leg. Another defender who also was penalized saw and pushed the lineman from behind, who "may have" exaggerated his fall, then got up and a small fight ensued. In the fight the same T.O lineman did "appear" to throw a couple punches while on the ground.

I figured for sure the T.O lineman was getting the boot, was a bit surprised the defender was also tossed, but perhaps the refs didn't really think he "accidently" stepped on the lineman in the first place.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: gordo on June 17, 2022, 05:11:44 PM
Agree. Surprised there?s even mention of this. Khari is a good coach and great guy.

Harris very good but hard to watch him rumble in an Argos jersey. Hope he?s fine.

I?ll take responsibility for the missed chip field goal. I picked Montreal. But ****, I could?ve made that kick!
From that close in middle of field it?s harder to kick it wide than through!
yep....I might have made that one myself.   TO really dodged a bullet and nothing is going well for KJ these days!
Bomber fan for life

pjrocksmb

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on June 17, 2022, 07:21:49 PM
What it looked like to me was the defender "accidently" stepped on the lineman's back, the the lineman "accidently" grabbed and twisted his other leg. Another defender who also was penalized saw and pushed the lineman from behind, who "may have" exaggerated his fall, then got up and a small fight ensued. In the fight the same T.O lineman did "appear" to throw a couple punches while on the ground.

I figured for sure the T.O lineman was getting the boot, was a bit surprised the defender was also tossed, but perhaps the refs didn't really think he "accidently" stepped on the lineman in the first place.

you did a better job explaining it than I did LOL

theaardvark

Quote from: buckzumhoff on June 17, 2022, 05:18:14 PM
How do you missa 20 yard field goal. He must have rushed the kick . Even then he shanked it. The owner wasn't very pleased.. maybe Khari froze him calling the time out

And now, lets start the conspiracy / gambling connections now... better check his bank accounts for a big post game deposit...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on June 17, 2022, 08:22:15 PM
And now, lets start the conspiracy / gambling connections now... better check his bank accounts for a big post game deposit...

Hahaha, even my tinfoil isn't that thick.  The kick was so bad I don't think he could have missed it like that by trying!  ;D ;D

Besides, missing like that will get a kicker fired.  Fast.  The payoff would have to be bigger than his salary.

The kicking was bad by both teams.  If TOR had made their 2 missed FGs, they probably win the game easily.  MTL missing one just evened it out a bit.

Just one of those football gods moments?
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Argos shown 8 players with hamstring injuries in their daily IR report. 4 including Harris listed as limited and 4 as DNP. Could be a tough next game for the Argos with many players possibly not dressing.

The Lions show Breaux as full participation on their IR report. He's on their 6 game IR. How is he allowed to practice at all? Unless they are pulling him off the IR and it hasn't been announced yet.

EDIT: Yes Breaux has been moved off of IR.

V. Adams, C. Ackie and several starters have been moved to IR. That explains Adams not going back into game.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Owner of theAls tests positive for COVID...  first VA3, now him, might we see out first COVID game delay/forfeit sometime soon?

Gary Stern@GaryS2020
Real sad and frustrated today . Just tested positive for  covid . Appears mild case .
  Can?t tell you how much I wanted to cheer on our team , first game , covid free And no restrictions .
You know I will be raising the roof of my cave . Our house , we win

DM83

Adams is living under a black cloud.!
Poor guy!

Throw Long Bannatyne

CFL News
@CFL_News
?
Follow
"Trevor Harris will be the #MontreALS starting QB going forward." - @FarhanLaljiTSN

#CFL #LCF via @coryworon @CFLonTSN
9:36 AM ? Jun 22, 2022

M.O.A.B.

Maybe VA doesn't like the benching last game. My question is, was it  (benching of VA) done by K.Jones on his own accord or was the owner told him to do so?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 22, 2022, 07:14:18 PM
Maybe VA doesn't like the benching last game. My question is, was it  (benching of VA) done by K.Jones on his own accord or was the owner told him to do so?

CFL News
@CFL_News
"I'm told this was not a decision made from above. This has nothing to do w/ Khari Jones fearing for his job security. It's simply a case of what Trevor Harris does in practice It's what Jones is seeing from him in games." - @FarhanLaljiTSN

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 22, 2022, 06:35:35 PM
CFL News
@CFL_News
?
Follow
"Trevor Harris will be the #MontreALS starting QB going forward." - @FarhanLaljiTSN

#CFL #LCF via @coryworon @CFLonTSN
9:36 AM ? Jun 22, 2022

IIRC Adams is making too much to be the # 2 QB. Could this result in a contract re-negotiation or release at some point?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 22, 2022, 08:36:57 PM
IIRC Adams is making too much to be the # 2 QB. Could this result in a contract re-negotiation or release at some point?

Too early in the season for those controversies, it's time for Trevor Harris to put some wins up on the board if he wants the #1 QB job.  Playing well and still losing as he did at the end of last season won't cut it.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 22, 2022, 08:36:57 PM
I agree you cannot be a loser put up some numbers and expect to be the season long starter.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!