Als at Argos GDT (Harris debut)

Started by GOLDMEMBER, June 16, 2022, 01:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Little tougher game next week for Toronto. BC has a pretty good D. There O is also pretty explosive.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 17, 2022, 04:05:16 AM
Note: Powell will miss his 2nd game to start the season. Stanback is on the 6 game IR. Both Stanback and Powell were in the top 5 rushers in 2021.

Hopefully Harris will be able to play next week.

Yeah that's too bad about the running backs we want to see that talent and all the games I was worried when the Montreal running back got nicked again today as he actually looks really good and I hope he can stay healthy we want all the teams to do well and be healthy and keep the CFL going
Thanks for the update interesting news

GOLDMEMBER

If Pj could go back and read my comments timed as the game was progressing he or she will find I said Harris looked really good until he was not which was was the second half then he was out the last chunk of the game  all together.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

ModAdmin

All the posts related to the derailment of this discussion will be removed.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on June 17, 2022, 02:31:52 AM
It was actually a bad game overall. This game didn't do the CFL any favours

I thought it was better than our game in week 1.  Quite entertaining.  Low scoring and looked lame, but still had me on the edge of my seat.

Try playing fantasy, it spices up every game as you rack up (or get robbed of) fantasy points.

Hopefully the scoring starts picking up in all of these games, as per the new rule changes.  If all these things to help get points end up equalling less points this season then the CFL is in even deeper doodoo.

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 17, 2022, 02:37:10 AM
hey man it was still great football action. It was not a gem but it was still entertaining. Do not like it I guess it is not for you.

Yup Goldie.

Quote from: Pigskin on June 17, 2022, 02:43:45 AM
I thought AH33 looked good in the 1st half. 17 yard rec, 68 yards rushing. The 2nd half he look like he had run out of gas. To bad he got injured.

AH had a great game.  I think MTL adjusted at halftime to focus more on the run, realizing they were getting "Harrised".

The hit AH took was really, really punishing.  Surprised he held up as good as he did after that.

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 17, 2022, 04:05:16 AM
Note: Powell will miss his 2nd game to start the season. Stanback is on the 6 game IR. Both Stanback and Powell were in the top 5 rushers in 2021.

Good point.  RB is the most punishing position.  They are all always 1 whack away from season-ender.  That's why we always try to slot very capable backups.

I don't hold it against AH that he had to come out for 8 mins in game 1.  It didn't look too serious and I doubt he lets himself sit for game 2.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Harris will bounce back but obviously he won't play the whole year and the kickers that struggled in that game will also bounce back

Don't judge a player based on one game

blue_gold_84

He had a pretty solid game looking at his stat sheet. 87 yards on the ground and well over 100 total.

His injury doesn't sound serious, which is good news.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

bwiser

Harris is experiencing hamstring tightness. We hope he can still play at a high level but I can't help wonder if time has caught up to him. You just don't see many 30+ running backs in any league. Last season he was injured as much as he was healthy and this doesn't bode well for the rest of this season.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 17, 2022, 01:09:28 PM
He had a pretty solid game looking at his stat sheet. 87 yards on the ground and well over 100 total.

His injury doesn't sound serious, which is good news.

Dinwiddie also said he's been dealing with his hamstring for all of training camp.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Surprised to see two ejections in the same game in game 5 of the season. Couldn't see all of what caused that but it sends a good message to all players.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gordo

Quote from: Horseman on June 17, 2022, 02:47:50 AM
There is no way and I mean NO WAY (yelling it) that MTL ties the can to Khari even if they go 0-3.
Agree. Surprised there?s even mention of this. Khari is a good coach and great guy.

Harris very good but hard to watch him rumble in an Argos jersey. Hope he?s fine.

I?ll take responsibility for the missed chip field goal. I picked Montreal. But ****, I could?ve made that kick!
From that close in middle of field it?s harder to kick it wide than through!

buckzumhoff

How do you missa 20 yard field goal. He must have rushed the kick . Even then he shanked it. The owner wasn't very pleased.. maybe Khari froze him calling the time out

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on June 17, 2022, 04:17:52 PM
Dinwiddie also said he's been dealing with his hamstring for all of training camp.
sounds exactly how he was here last year.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Quote from: buckzumhoff on June 17, 2022, 05:18:14 PM
How do you missa 20 yard field goal. He must have rushed the kick . Even then he shanked it. The owner wasn't very pleased.. maybe Khari froze him calling the time out

He didn't use a tee...i though most in the CFL do...he just kicked it terrible - it was literally the worst actual kick i have seen in years.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 17, 2022, 05:07:36 PM
Surprised to see two ejections in the same game in game 5 of the season. Couldn't see all of what caused that but it sends a good message to all players.
Was a stomp and then a little fight

the stomper deserved the ejection if he meant to do it, the other guy didn't do much I didn't think, just a wee bit of after whistle minor wrestling LOL