Als at Argos GDT (Harris debut)

Started by GOLDMEMBER, June 16, 2022, 01:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Fantasy still has AH as #1 most expensive RB.  I'd love to pick him this week (something to prove) but can't budget it in.  Will TOR even bother to air it out in the red zone or just give it to AH?

A lot depends on TOR's OL, which looks a lot like the SSK one from 2019  ;D ;D ;D

One thing is for sure, AH's presence should mean a lot more space for the excellent TOR WR/SB line-up.  Even if they just use AH as a decoy all night.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 16, 2022, 09:13:57 PM
Fantasy still has AH as #1 most expensive RB.  I'd love to pick him this week (something to prove) but can't budget it in.  Will TOR even bother to air it out in the red zone or just give it to AH?

A lot depends on TOR's OL, which looks a lot like the SSK one from 2019  ;D ;D ;D

One thing is for sure, AH's presence should mean a lot more space for the excellent TOR WR/SB line-up.  Even if they just use AH as a decoy all night.

I don't know but Argos have 2 rookies behind him on the depth chart.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 16, 2022, 08:58:24 PM
Prior to 2021 Harris only missed 9 games out of 180 due to injury. It wasn't just the thought he'd suffer an injury but that he'd also have nearly half of his games rated as poor. Only 5 games projected as good games.

That's an unnecessary point of view IMO. If he was still in Winnipeg it's not what we'd be thinking. He goes to another team and all of a sudden he's immediately washed up.

He finished with a 5.4 yard average in 2021 and 5th in the CFL rushing while only playing 7 games. Only Stanback in the top 5 had a higher yardage per carry. Each of the top 4 missed 1 - 3 games. Stanback is already on the 6 game IR after week one.

There is more history to support a good season than an expectation of a poor season. We agree to disagree. There are no guarantees in football and injuries can certainly be a larger part as a player ages.

I hope he manages to play 14+ games, missing playing against us. lol

Good post and I agree. I do think we'll see a different Andrew Harris this year. Last year, by some accounts, he sort of came in undertrained and not 100% ready. Can't do that at his age. I imagine the situation now will be very motivational for him. Not unlike when Wally gave up on him and allowed him to come here. The difference between then and now is Harris is 35. He's either going to have to be on a snap count or they are going to have to use him less early and ramp his carries later in the year. I think if they run him as the 24/7 feature back he's going to get warn down. I also can't see a 5+ yards per carry average this year. Last year he was too slow to get around the corner and was mostly a A and B gap runner. He played behind a practically dynasty calibre offensive line and although Toronto's is fine, it's not the 2021 Blue Bombers offensive line (I don't think any team has a line like that this year, us included).

Blue In BC

Argos lost starting C  Nicastro to 6 game IR. Their starting 5 OL have about 184 CFL games. Stanley Bryant has 170 all by himself.

That's going to be the real issue is how well their OL plays and whether they have any depth at RB to reduce his workload. Winnipeg's OL has been solid and played together for significant time.  If the Argos do very well with their passing game then it may open up the run more than vice versa. MBT can throw for a ton of yardage but I don't expect a balanced offence from the Argos.

I agree his carries will need to be monitored as the season progresses. You want him healthy going into the playoffs and not worn out.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Remember after Cornish's last GC, he admitted on camera the plan all along was for him to be a decoy.  Teams had to plan everything around him and that opened up the air game.  Even if AH has "lost it", he'll be useful as a decoy.  Even if they don't want to have much of a run game, teams have to plan around AH.

Of course I think AH will be monster, but no matter what, I expect AH's presence to be a massive boost to TOR's O.
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 16, 2022, 10:48:34 PM
Remember after Cornish's last GC, he admitted on camera the plan all along was for him to be a decoy.  Teams had to plan everything around him and that opened up the air game.  Even if AH has "lost it", he'll be useful as a decoy.  Even if they don't want to have much of a run game, teams have to plan around AH.

Of course I think AH will be monster, but no matter what, I expect AH's presence to be a massive boost to TOR's O.

To me he always gets better the more you run him, within reason of course. We'll see how many 4th quarters he takes over games.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

GOLDMEMBER

Harris looks really good to start the game!

He has touched the ball each of the first 5 plays. 4 rushes and 1 nice catch and run.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

Harris is a beast, proven those wrong when he came back from injury and dominated and he will continue to excel this year

One of best players we have seen in our generation

Jones #1d (int) - edit didn't hang on but Jones is still boss lol

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: pjrocksmb on June 16, 2022, 11:48:12 PM
Harris is a beast, proven those wrong when he came back from injury and dominated and he will continue to excel this year

One of best players we have seen in our generation

Jones #1d (int)
NOT!  :D

GOLDMEMBER

You knew Harris was gonna come out with a vengeance. A great hard hard runner. Pity not to have him still. Lets see how durable he ends up being though.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 16, 2022, 11:50:38 PM
You knew Harris was gonna come out with a vengeance. A great hard hard runner. Pity not to have him still. Lets see how durable he ends up being though.
He will play 3/4 games

TecnoGenius

I'm a big MJones#16 fan too.  Too bad we couldn't afford them all.  He read and ran the route for the WR.  Smart ball.

He seemed hurt a bit after.  Hopefully he stays in, MTL's DBs are a pretty weak corps.

AH coming to kick arse and chew bubblegum, and he's all out of bubblegum.  AH will get more yards in Q1 than BO got all game.  Anyone want to take a bet he gets a TD before halftime?  :D
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 16, 2022, 11:58:37 PM
I'm a big MJones#16 fan too.  Too bad we couldn't afford them all.  He read and ran the route for the WR.  Smart ball.

He seemed hurt a bit after.  Hopefully he stays in, MTL's DBs are a pretty weak corps.

AH coming to kick arse and chew bubblegum, and he's all out of bubblegum.  AH will get more yards in Q1 than BO got all game.  Anyone want to take a bet he gets a TD before halftime?  :D

Good post, didn't see the injury and yes hope he is ok

No i wouldn't take that unless you paid 4 to 1 lol

Nice int

TecnoGenius

AH doing his patented loose bucket thing again.  We forced him to put a stop to that in '21, but TOR seems to allow the loose straps.

MTL gets a lucky break.  Daniels not making much of an effort there.  I was never a big Daniels fan.

Another instance of the refs not seeing the DBC.  I'm fine to let them run with it, as long as no one gets injured.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Wow Macbeth is terrible!  :D
Harris is awesome