Als at Argos GDT (Harris debut)

Started by GOLDMEMBER, June 16, 2022, 01:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Must watch TV if you are a Blue Bomber fan! Continue
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 16, 2022, 01:25:16 PM
Have a great game A. Harris.
Im thinking he will....we will see if Father Time has finally caught up with him.   He's pushin' it....
Bomber fan for life

The Zipp

i think AH will have 5 great games (including playoffs), 6 OK games, 2 bad games and miss the rest with injury.

Blue In BC

Quote from: The Zipp on June 16, 2022, 05:57:58 PM
i think AH will have 5 great games (including playoffs), 6 OK games, 2 bad games and miss the rest with injury.

That's rather negative and could apply to any player in the league. Take note that we lost Prukop and Briggs to the 6 game IR after game 1. Clements is nicked along with several others.

Ottawa lost their starting safety to the 6 game IR and Montreal lost Stanback to the 6 game IR.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on June 16, 2022, 03:28:45 PM
Im thinking he will....we will see if Father Time has finally caught up with him.   He's pushin' it....

Fair enough. We may see that as the season progresses and how the Argos use him. They have not been a balanced attack team with MBT as a gunslinger QB. Tonight we'll get an idea of how much they focus on the run game.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 16, 2022, 06:09:02 PM
That's rather negative and could apply to any player in the league. Take note that we lost Prukop and Briggs to the 6 game IR after game 1. Clements is nicked along with several others.

Ottawa lost their starting safety to the 6 game IR and Montreal lost Stanback to the 6 game IR.

lol, so?

It was a prediction.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on June 16, 2022, 06:18:48 PM
lol, so?

It was a prediction.

Obviously it was a prediction but one with a negative connotation. Since he's an older player that had some injury issues last year it's not an unreasonable thought but it's an unnecessary thought.

Aside from 2021 he's missed very few games and been a workout nut. Regardless the wear and tear shows up eventually in every player. I don't know how he'll do over the 18 game season even if he stays healthy. Game plan, focus on the run and quality of the OL comes into play.

It's only week 2 and we've already seen some RB's get hurt in both TC and in game 1.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 16, 2022, 06:30:33 PM
Obviously it was a prediction but one with a negative connotation. Since he's an older player that had some injury issues last year it's not an unreasonable thought but it's an unnecessary thought.

Aside from 2021 he's missed very few games and been a workout nut. Regardless the wear and tear shows up eventually in every player. I don't know how he'll do over the 18 game season even if he stays healthy. Game plan, focus on the run and quality of the OL comes into play.

It's only week 2 and we've already seen some RB's get hurt in both TC and in game 1.

If anything, that makes it more reasonable to include injury time when making a season prediction.

It's fine if you want to be optimistic, but it's hardly "unreasonable and unnecessary" for someone to account for wear and tear on a 35 year old RB coming off an injury plagued season.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on June 16, 2022, 05:57:58 PM
sounds accurate enough to me Zipp. He will most certainly miss time due to some sort of injury during the year. I?m curious to see how he?ll play tonight with an average online and below average quarterback.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Sir Blue and Gold

He'll have a strong start but he'll fade as the season goes. It's tough being a 35-year-old running back.

Pigskin

I think AH33 could do alright tonight. Calgary had 103 yards on 19 carried on week one. Montreal does not have the best run D.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on June 16, 2022, 06:37:03 PM
If anything, that makes it more reasonable to include injury time when making a season prediction.

It's fine if you want to be optimistic, but it's hardly "unreasonable and unnecessary" for someone to account for wear and tear on a 35 year old RB coming off an injury plagued season.

Prior to 2021 Harris only missed 9 games out of 180 due to injury. It wasn't just the thought he'd suffer an injury but that he'd also have nearly half of his games rated as poor. Only 5 games projected as good games.

That's an unnecessary point of view IMO. If he was still in Winnipeg it's not what we'd be thinking. He goes to another team and all of a sudden he's immediately washed up.

He finished with a 5.4 yard average in 2021 and 5th in the CFL rushing while only playing 7 games. Only Stanback in the top 5 had a higher yardage per carry. Each of the top 4 missed 1 - 3 games. Stanback is already on the 6 game IR after week one.

There is more history to support a good season than an expectation of a poor season. We agree to disagree. There are no guarantees in football and injuries can certainly be a larger part as a player ages.

I hope he manages to play 14+ games, missing playing against us. lol
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 16, 2022, 08:58:24 PM
Prior to 2021 Harris only missed 9 games out of 180 due to injury. It wasn't just the thought he'd suffer an injury but that he'd also have nearly half of his games rated as poor. Only 5 games projected as good games.

That's an unnecessary point of view IMO. If he was still in Winnipeg it's not what we'd be thinking. He goes to another team and all of a sudden he's immediately washed up.

We heard similar comments about D. Adams as well.

Are you counting in the 2 games he missed for PED's.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on June 16, 2022, 09:00:10 PM
Are you counting in the 2 games he missed for PED's.

Yes since that wasn't an injury issue. Note that I added more info onto my previous comment.

In 1st 10 seasons, 6 games missed in 2014 and 3 in 2016.
2019 Grey Cup Champions