I'm writing for CFL News Hub

Started by Donny C, June 13, 2022, 06:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donny C

Hey all,

I'm going to be writing for CFL News Hub covering the Bombers.

I wrote my first article for CFL News Hub, so we will see when it?s published.

Lots of respect to those who wrote articles, it?s not as easy as it looks.

I?m sure it?s going to be a bit rough at first, so if you read, please extend some grace as I learn.

wpg#1

I will do that Donny. But .. where were you on Friday, the RedBlacks were showing very little respect for 107, it would have helped if you were there !!
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

Foxhound

Quote from: Donny C on June 13, 2022, 06:51:06 PMI'm going to be writing for CFL News Hub covering the Bombers.

Is CFL News Hub an old-fashioned print publication or is it strictly an online thingy?

???
Radically Canadian!

Donny C

Quote from: Foxhound on June 13, 2022, 08:34:51 PM
Is CFL News Hub an old-fashioned print publication or is it strictly an online thingy?

???

Online only

Donny C

Quote from: wpg#1 on June 13, 2022, 07:10:35 PM
I will do that Donny. But .. where were you on Friday, the RedBlacks were showing very little respect for 107, it would have helped if you were there !!

I was away over the weekend at a cabin in Ontario. We had a provincial leader's retreat for an organization that I am a part of (I am the MB Provincial Leader).

I did pick Masoli in my fantasy to make sure they did not win!

Donny C

Here's a link to my very first article written for CFL News Hub! (Please be gracious with me as I learn to be a better writer).

https://www.cflnewshub.com/cfl-news/hard-conversations-following-winnipegs-season-opener-win/?feed_id=1834&_unique_id=62a8b6e4cbb65

GOLDMEMBER

Hey Don, best article I?ve read of the game! Very engaging writing style. Loved it! Keep it up. Goldie
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Donny C

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 14, 2022, 05:52:02 PM
Hey Don, best article I?ve read of the game! Very engaging writing style. Loved it! Keep it up. Goldie

Thanks, buddy! Much appreciated!

bluengold204

Quote from: Donny C on June 14, 2022, 04:31:33 PM
Here's a link to my very first article written for CFL News Hub! (Please be gracious with me as I learn to be a better writer).

https://www.cflnewshub.com/cfl-news/hard-conversations-following-winnipegs-season-opener-win/?feed_id=1834&_unique_id=62a8b6e4cbb65

Found a small error  :D

Quote from the article
QuoteMarc Liegghio was not terrible in this game, going two for two on field-goal attempts (both being between 20-29 yards) but it was the play after Prukop scored the go-ahead touchdown that will bring about some of those hard conversations as Prukop missed the point-after (which should be a gimme). Missing that point-after would position the Ottawa Red Blacks within striking distance, where a field goal could now win the game.

Should be Liegghio that missed the point after.

Otherwise good article!

Donny C

Quote from: bluengold204 on June 14, 2022, 07:19:33 PM
Found a small error  :D

Quote from the article
Should be Liegghio that missed the point after.

Otherwise good article!

Thanks! I got that fixed!

Donny C

This one just got published. Feel free to read, and if you find mistakes, I'm more than happy to hear about them to fix them. (I can't afford a copy editor!)

https://cflnewshub.com/?p=11634&preview=true&_thumbnail_id=11641

Sec227

Donny C

DM83

Very Good!
As the article moved toward the middle, you seemed to get very comfortable and the story became more compelling.  The last paragraph raising questions about the next game was bang -on.

Just a comment, about a couple of the opening paragraphs......Were there a couple of "run - on" sentences?  I had to stop and re-read.  Just my opinion, and that coming from a butcher of grammar, spelling  and "run-on" sentences!!!

Congrats!  Keep up the good work!

Zach Schnitzer

Great work Don! Proud of you buddy. It's always tough to put yourself out there. To me though, you are a great voice of the fans, both literally and literarily LOL. Zach
#fortheW