Blue Bombers extend contract of linebacker Kyrie Wilson

Started by ModAdmin, December 16, 2022, 03:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on December 16, 2022, 09:58:03 PM
Says in the OP it's 1 year.  It would make sense to do 1 year so we can see if he's fully healed for a full season.

It's a good signing.  Missing Wilson likely cost us hugely in the GC.

Sigh....
My wife is amazing!

bwiser

The Bombers run defense was not as strong after Wilson got injured. If he can return to form he could be an all star in 2023. Wilson will go down in Bomber history as the player who sealed the Grey Cup win in 2021.

Pigskin

Quote from: gobombersgo on December 16, 2022, 10:33:22 PM
Paul Friesen   @friesensunmedia
#Bombers clarify new deal for linebacker Kyrie Wilson is for two years, not one as they originally stated in their news releas

Makes sense as he lives in Winnipeg year around.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on December 16, 2022, 10:33:22 PM
Paul Friesen   @friesensunmedia
#Bombers clarify new deal for linebacker Kyrie Wilson is for two years, not one as they originally stated in their news releas

Ah, ya, that's a bit of an important piece of info to get right.  Maybe he was selected as an all-star, too?  ;) ;) :D :D :D  Haha

Well I guess we're confident in Wilson's recovery.  Seems to me he might be the fastest WILL in the CFL?  Dude has wheels.  I bet he brings down Kelly early in that 19 yard GC run.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Two years. Even better news. He might have won an all star award if not for the injury.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

He will retire a Bomber if I get my wish.  Top defender.  Hall needs him to make his schemes work.  Saving grace this year is that Gauthier and Briggs got lots reps and it will help.  Freaking love this ball club.

Tiger

I had the opportunity to talk to speed to Kyrie about 3 weeks ago at a social event.  He was very happy to be here, and liked the city and team.  He talked bout going to Cali to see family, friends and relx I. Santa Monica, then get back to Winnipeg and start getting ready for next year. Talked about finishing and wanting grey cup.  Nice guy also.  Glad to have him.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Blue In BC

He's had some bad luck with injuries the last two seasons. He's about due to see his luck change towards less time missed. All football players will have some injuries during their careers. In some cases a few have relatively good luck with little missed time while others don't.

Here's looking to a solid 2023 campaign with fewer hiccups. He's capable of being an all star when healthy.
2019 Grey Cup Champions