Andrew Harris Departure Comments

Started by ModAdmin, February 10, 2022, 06:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horseman

Quote from: BLUEBOMBER on June 07, 2022, 11:33:45 PM
AH is a good player but his success got in his head.  He needs to sit back and chill and realize that this is a team sport.  Team first and not him.

When I played for the Bisons, we all wore a T-shirt under our pads that said there is no I in TEAM.

gordo

The Canadian Mafia are honest, humble and do a phenomenal job managing this team.  As has been said, they simply had to make a business decision with AH and they made the right one.

Andrew Harris was a great player for us, contributed hugely to our two Grey Cups and I wish him all the best in TO.  

Moving on from him was the right thing to do... money, ageing, injury questions, two younger versions ready to go.

The only ego involved was Harris's and he said some negative things in the media which maybe Walters and Oshea didn't counter all that well but I honestly don't even care as long as they continue to make the right decisions and get us to more Grey Cups.  

Players come, players go.  Grey Cups are remembered.

Jesse

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on June 08, 2022, 04:25:16 PM
I read somewhere he is hurt, I tried looking to confirm it, but Argo news seems to be "crickets" does anyone know if he is hurt or was it someone just putting up something unsubstantiated?


Same here.

The only thing I find weird is he hasn't been mentioned at all - could indicate he hasn't been participating.

100% rumour mongering on my part though.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: wpg#1 on June 08, 2022, 04:10:11 PM
...it seems he left BC in a bit of a huff, and left Winnipeg in a bit of a huff.

Not sure I can agree with that. Two very different situations, IMO.

Quote from: gordo on June 08, 2022, 05:22:16 PM
The Canadian Mafia are honest, humble and do a phenomenal job managing this team.  As has been said, they simply had to make a business decision with AH and they made the right one.

Andrew Harris was a great player for us, contributed hugely to our two Grey Cups and I wish him all the best in TO.  

Moving on from him was the right thing to do... money, ageing, injury questions, two younger versions ready to go.

The only ego involved was Harris's and he said some negative things in the media which maybe Walters and Oshea didn't counter all that well but I honestly don't even care as long as they continue to make the right decisions and get us to more Grey Cups.  

Players come, players go.  Grey Cups are remembered.

Agreed. Some humility on Harris' part could've gone a long way.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on June 08, 2022, 04:25:16 PM
I read somewhere he is hurt, I tried looking to confirm it, but Argo news seems to be "crickets" does anyone know if he is hurt or was it someone just putting up something unsubstantiated?


The injury reports would require them to state if he is not practicing due to injury...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on June 08, 2022, 06:15:49 PM
The injury reports would require them to state if he is not practicing due to injury...


They don't play this week so there are no injury reports posted daily for the Argos.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

DM83


Waffler

Quote from: DM83 on June 09, 2022, 07:45:02 PM
Yeah wondering how he is doing?
Read they were happy but saving him same as we did with Colloras. See nothing about injury.

"Toronto was careful with Harris during training camp as he didn't play in either of its two exhibition games."

"Andrew understands pass protections, he helps out the offensive line ? he's great out of the backfield and has that second-level burst still," Toronto head coach Ryan Dinwiddie said. "When we get through the first level we're going to have some chunk runs and that's something we lacked last year.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/andrew-harris-joins-argos-1.6481950
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers
__________________________________________________
Everything seems stupid when it fails.  - Fyodor Dostoevsky