Blue Bombers Forum
July 04, 2022, 02:14:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Ukraine Family  (Read 665 times)
Jesse

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2022, 06:39:45 PM »

39 days now. Just got word that he was wounded, but in Poland now. Apparently he will have to spend 30-45 days there before he can come to Canada. Small chance he mite have been exposed to a chemical. Inna doesn't know yet, but my wife is planning on buying two tickets and fly with her to Poland to see her husband in about 10 days. We have already contacted the nursing home and they give her the time off to see her husband. Lots of tear, this time there tears of joy.

Wow.

My wife is amazing!
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2022, 07:10:57 PM »

That's a pretty heart-wrenching update. Glad he's okay and will hopefully be able to travel soon.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
Pigskin

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2022, 07:19:53 PM »

That's a pretty heart-wrenching update. Glad he's okay and will hopefully be able to travel soon.

We are hearing 30 days minimum. Good news is he wasn't shot. He was injured when a bomb hit the build they where held up in. Sounds like broken arm and leg, and lot of abrasions. Both operation went help and he is resting. We are trying to set up a video chat today or tomorrow. How have to wonder how many women from the Ukraine are going thought this right now.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Pigskin

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2022, 06:31:17 PM »

Inna's first day of work tomorrow. Should be an interesting day with me looking after 4 kids.

Pigskin

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2022, 03:57:51 AM »

Well it sounds like Inna's first day was pretty uneventful. The only thing she had to say was, there are not enough nurses per residents. In the Ukraine it's 4-1, today she looking after 10 people. Not much 1 on 1 time.

Normally every morning the kids had oatmeal, today since I was in charge of breakfast, it was a peach/banana protein shake and bacon/egg/spinach muffins.

Tomorrow the kids go to the dentist for dental work. That could be interesting.

theaardvark

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2022, 03:33:36 PM »

Well it sounds like Inna's first day was pretty uneventful. The only thing she had to say was, there are not enough nurses per residents. In the Ukraine it's 4-1, today she looking after 10 people. Not much 1 on 1 time.

Normally every morning the kids had oatmeal, today since I was in charge of breakfast, it was a peach/banana protein shake and bacon/egg/spinach muffins.

Tomorrow the kids go to the dentist for dental work. That could be interesting.

Pretty sad indictment of our health care system when we are that much worse than Ukraine.  No dis meant for Ukraine, the post Soviet governments have done huge improvements in quality of life, and the current regime was weeding our corruption well until they were attacked.  But still, that comment justifies a lot of our complaints about health care in Canada / Manitoba.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2022, 05:47:59 PM »

Well the dentist is over with and there was no cry, not even by me. lol  Had to stop by McDonald's to pickup a few milkshakes and smoothies. Kids are watching Sing 2, with a ice bag on there face sucking on a milkshake.

Pigskin

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2022, 03:08:18 AM »

Well Inna has completed her first week of work in Canada.

Jesse

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2022, 03:18:47 PM »

Well Inna has completed her first week of work in Canada.

Any other word on her husband?

My wife is amazing!
Pigskin

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2022, 03:25:00 PM »

Any other word on her husband?

Sounds like his respiratory issues have improved. However he will probably never run a marathon. Other then that most of his injuries are healing up nicely. Visit to Poland is on the 23rd.

Pigskin

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2022, 07:10:03 PM »

I have been the baby sitter, for the past week and nearly a half. But tomorrow the kids are off to a Ukraine school for rest of the week. So great chance for me and the Grandson's to head back to Kenora for some fishing. It's been fun but I was running out of lunch ideas. lol.

Pigskin

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2022, 07:58:23 PM »

Ladies are back tonight. It sound like the trip went very well. He is just waiting for the Canadian Government to approve his visa. He is a Millwright, and a fabrication welder. He has already has an offer for a job at a very large plant in the St. James industrial park. Just needs to get to Canada.

Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: