Blue Bombers Forum
August 14, 2022, 05:52:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Ukraine Family  (Read 1583 times)
Pigskin

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2022, 02:36:04 PM »

Artem is in the city. It was a great moment for this family. We are so glad to see Inna and the children finally reunited with there husband/father. We stayed back to give the family some much needed time to spend together. Then Artem was looking around and Inna called us over. Artem was so happy and just glad to be in Canada with his family. He was so surprised at how well his wife and kids speak English now. Sounds like for the next month he will still have to do some physio, and says he would like to go with his children to English classes that my daughter-in-law has been teaching. Planning a BQ tonight in family. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 09:36:35 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Jesse

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2022, 09:23:55 PM »

Wow, that's amazing.

My wife is amazing!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2022, 10:00:20 PM »

Nice to hear!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pigskin

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2022, 03:41:19 AM »

I had a interesting conversation with Artem tonight. He wants to meet the football player that helped people from the Ukraine get out of there country. I texted a couple of the players I know and we are going to try and set up a lunch early next week so he thank Thiadric Hansen.

To night he also gave me his game plan for his first month in Canada.

1- Learn better English.
2- Drivers License
3- Work on his physical endurance.
4- Start his new job on September 6th.
5- Find a place to live.
6- Find a way to give back to Canada.

Pigskin

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2022, 05:58:57 PM »

I had a interesting conversation with Artem tonight. He wants to meet the football player that helped people from the Ukraine get out of there country. I texted a couple of the players I know and we are going to try and set up a lunch early next week so he thank Thiadric Hansen.

To night he also gave me his game plan for his first month in Canada.

1- Learn better English.
2- Drivers License
3- Work on his physical endurance.
4- Start his new job on September 6th.
5- Find a place to live.
6- Find a way to give back to Canada.

One thing about this family is they move fast.

1- Better English. Artem will start tomorrow, taking classes wit h his children to learn better English.
2- Inna worked most of the morning on the paperwork to get Artem his drivers license.
3- Artem decides he would like to work part-time until he starts his full time job. This morning he applied a grocery store and was hired on the spot. Starts work next Tuesday. 4 hour shifts which will help him evaluate physical endurance.

5- Finding a place to live.

Inna and Artem asks how long they will be welcome at our home. Answer: there is no time line.
Do we have any opening at one of our apartment blocks in St. James, or as they put it West Portage Ave. This area puts them both close to there jobs, and the kids in pretty good schools. I do have an opening for September 1, for a 2 bedroom. I would probably put them into a mild cleaning position and give them free rent for the next 6 months. This should boost there bank account a little and give us the piece of mind that our block is in good hands.

Sleeping arrangements have changed. Even though we have 2 beds, one bath in basement. The kids will be spending at least the next few nights if not longer upstairs with us. Inna and Artem have a lot catching up to do. Wink Wink.

Pigskin

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2022, 02:35:52 AM »

Artem's first evening at work. He was pretty happy and says he felt fine for his 4 hour shift. Stocking shelves, doing some cleaning. says most people just want to talk about the war.

Artem also watch his first football game with us on Saturday night. He's a soccer guy, but says he could learn to like this CFL football.

Took Artem out fishing on Saturday morning, but he did do so well. He says he loves catching the fish, loves eating the fish, just doesn't like the motion of the boat.

Pigskin

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2022, 05:33:46 PM »

Own Ukraine family decided to go to Folklorama last night. It was pretty emotional, but also nice for them to see a few people from the Ukraine who are now living in Winnipeg. They had a great time and thought it was amazing.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: