Pre Season Game Friday, May 27, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, May 24, 2022, 05:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Winnipeg Blue Bombers
@Wpg_BlueBombers
40m

We are optimistic that Friday's (May 27, 2022) pre-season game will be played as scheduled. Once we have further information, we will provide you with more details.  

Wade Miller
President and CEO
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

bwiser

I hope they don't expect us to cross a picket line. I want a refund if thats the case

Jesse

Quote from: bwiser on May 24, 2022, 06:38:31 PM
I hope they don't expect us to cross a picket line. I want a refund if thats the case

Game would be canceled if players were on strike.
My wife is amazing!

wpg#1

This is sure taking the glow off my excitement about the Blue Bombers and the CFL this year !!
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

3rdand1.5

Honestly at this point I don't really care anymore. I simply don't have time or energy with everything else happening to carry any stress over the CFL season......

TecnoGenius

Don't worry guys!  They'll get it done.  We'll all be at IGF on Friday.

Remember, most of the rest of the country won't have any idea any of this ever happened.  No one but us forum fans cares about this once the pigskin is in the air.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on May 24, 2022, 08:46:04 PM
Honestly at this point I don't really care anymore. I simply don't have time or energy with everything else happening to carry any stress over the CFL season......
it will be fine in time for fridays game 1.5 do not worry about it.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 24, 2022, 09:24:21 PM
Don't worry guys!  They'll get it done.  We'll all be at IGF on Friday.

Remember, most of the rest of the country won't have any idea any of this ever happened.  No one but us forum fans cares about this once the pigskin is in the air.

amen
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

DM83

#8
This the ********* year.  Idiots everywhere.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on May 26, 2022, 02:49:22 PM
This the *** year.  Idiots everywhere.

Idiots are always everywhere!  That said, be optimistic for Friday!!  It's not over yet
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 26, 2022, 09:34:37 PM
Idiots are always everywhere!  That said, be optimistic for Friday!!  It's not over yet

like
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

So, with the CBA done, looks like a 7:30 start Friday.

22C, 30% chance of rain...  sounds like perfect handegg weather.

Will be there seeking out Keto food items, probably just bring a couple bags of Macadamia nuts. 

Sounds like Jones isn't taking this game at all seriously... bringing 2 DT's as Olinemen... wonder what other goodies are in his bag...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

drahgon

^ Did the keto thing a few years ago and found the "Stegall Salad" option at Shawarma Khan. No idea if its still on the menu now though

Pigskin

So this will be the first football game for a young boy who is staying with us from the Ukraine. He has no idea of what to expect, but he's got his bomber gear on already and is ready to cheer on the bombers.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Stretch

#14
Quote from: Pigskin on May 27, 2022, 01:31:42 PM
So this will be the first football game for a young boy who is staying with us from the Ukraine. He has no idea of what to expect, but he's got his bomber gear on already and is ready to cheer on the bombers.

Blue and gold - it's a natural fit.  :)
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on May 27, 2022, 01:31:42 PM
So this will be the first football game for a young boy who is staying with us from the Ukraine. He has no idea of what to expect, but he's got his bomber gear on already and is ready to cheer on the bombers.

That's amazing, dude.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on May 27, 2022, 01:31:42 PM
So this will be the first football game for a young boy who is staying with us from the Ukraine. He has no idea of what to expect, but he's got his bomber gear on already and is ready to cheer on the bombers.

How have the Bombers not offered all 300 refugees from the Ukraine that just arrived a seat to the game tonight?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

I am surprised at how many friends are not go to the game tonight. I have been given 6 ticket. All headed to the lake. I am not sure but I don't think the game is on the tube tonight.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Pigskin on May 27, 2022, 03:20:34 PM
I am surprised at how many friends are not go to the game tonight. I have been given 6 ticket. All headed to the lake. I am not sure but I don't think the game is on the tube tonight.

No TSN tonight. No Collaros tonight. A lot of back up play (which I like) but I totally get the people who decide lake.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on May 27, 2022, 03:20:34 PM
I am surprised at how many friends are not go to the game tonight. I have been given 6 ticket. All headed to the lake. I am not sure but I don't think the game is on the tube tonight.

Pre-season, first nice weather in ages....

I get it.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Will there be a depth chart available before the game?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Tee42

Is there a way to watch the game tonight? (other than IG Field)

Jesse

Quote from: Tee42 on May 27, 2022, 04:04:33 PM
Is there a way to watch the game tonight? (other than IG Field)

Don't think so.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Gave the 6 tickets to a high school. They were thrilled to get them.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

wpg#1

Quote from: theaardvark on May 27, 2022, 03:12:16 PM
How have the Bombers not offered all 300 refugees from the Ukraine that just arrived a seat to the game tonight?

That's a great idea !!
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 27, 2022, 03:52:42 PM
Will there be a depth chart available before the game?


Probably a program as you enter the stadium.  
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on May 27, 2022, 04:09:03 PM
Gave the 6 tickets to a high school. They were thrilled to get them.

I mean, I like free tickets...

But sure, give things to the "children"....
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on May 27, 2022, 04:14:07 PM
I mean, I like free tickets...

But sure, give things to the "children"....

Grade 12 high school football players, not just "children".

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on May 27, 2022, 04:26:17 PM
Grade 12 high school football players, not just "children".



I was being sarcastic, trying to get a laugh.

Defintely still view high school kids as children though.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

2 more tickets. I know these games don't mean anything in the standing and I love the lake also, but getting to view all the new talent. And like Willy says, smelling the popcorn in the air. lol.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Hey, watching the PS game in OTT right now... it's just Sarah and Milt on the panel!!  Good stuff.  Milt cracked a joke about the Peggers taking over going into a commercial.

Dunni does look exactly like Santa with the new beard!  Yowsers!  Barely recognized the dude.

Pretty lame game compared to the WPG one.  But OTT so far is looking better.  AH isn't dressed it doesn't look like.
Never go full Rider!