Blue Bombers Forum
September 25, 2022, 07:00:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Depth Chart (Not Official)  (Read 2123 times)
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2022, 08:06:48 AM »

Schoen jumped out at me on 1 on 1s Sunday. Fast dude with very smooth cuts and transitions. Had the DBs jock laying there a few times! McKnight looked good to.

I was at the Thursday practice and the receiver that stood out for me was #17 BJ Muckelvene. He made good separation during the 1 on 1's and caught everything that was thrown his way.

DM83

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2022, 09:14:53 AM »

Thanks guys.
Anyone else see some one you liked
If there is a game Friday I hope to look at your guys.
Blue In BC

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2022, 01:16:49 PM »

What's the deal with Hackett? Still not here.

Bombers drafted a global punter in 2021 and he's still in the NFL. Of the 3 players drafted in 2022, two were punters and neither have shown up. Laugh or cry? We have 4 global players in camp. Whether we end up with 2 on the AR and 2 on PR becomes a bigger question now. At this point I'd guess we start the season with only 1 on the AR. That leaves one roster position for another Canadian and there seem to be some really good candidates that could make the game day roster.

Note: We only have 3 globals left on the roster. Nothing like lack of competition for a role. If you have 1 on AR and 2 on PR, then these players have " made " the roster with no direct competition.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 04:47:41 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
DM83

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2022, 02:40:41 PM »

Ahhhh, the good life.

Why would Hackett not be here if e wanted to play.
I am suggesting his heart isn't in it.
Too bad he seemed to be a real pro with real talent.

No CBA, crap weather, Co-vid, kind of deterring his enthusiasm.?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 02:44:21 PM by DM83 » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2022, 05:09:48 PM »

Ahhhh, the good life.

Why would Hackett not be here if e wanted to play.
I am suggesting his heart isn't in it.
Too bad he seemed to be a real pro with real talent.

No CBA, crap weather, Co-vid, kind of deterring his enthusiasm.?

With no CBA and potential strike looming, why WOULD Hackett be here... no issues... jeesh.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2022, 05:15:08 PM »

With no CBA and potential strike looming, why WOULD Hackett be here... no issues... jeesh.

It probably is the labour strife keeping him away, however it's still a bit revealing in terms of his priorities. I don't believe there are any other Bombers hopefuls who went home because of the situation. Training camp is still on for everyone else.
Blue In BC

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2022, 05:38:54 PM »

Because he had a contract to show up and there was no certainty that a new CBA wouldn't be done.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2022, 11:29:35 PM »

Because he had a contract to show up and there was no certainty that a new CBA wouldn't be done.

He had left during the first strike... flying back for a shot at a minimum wage job with no guarantee's even his housing would be covered this time, I get it...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2022, 12:31:39 AM »

He had left during the first strike... flying back for a shot at a minimum wage job with no guarantee's even his housing would be covered this time, I get it...

I get it too. On the other hand, the fact that he did so when everyone else stayed also says something, doesn't it?
theaardvark

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2022, 12:58:56 AM »

I get it too. On the other hand, the fact that he did so when everyone else stayed also says something, doesn't it?

He had family coming to Denver, I believe, probably from long distance, probably arranged far previously. 

http://forums.bluebombers.com/index.php?topic=54085.msg1568621#msg1568621

4. FYI: No sign yet of Global punter Tom Hackett, who looked solid in rookie camp before returning home for personal reasons. Asked for an update as to his possible return, O'Shea said:  "We?ll see. I know he spoke to Kyle (Walters, GM) today. It's interesting... you get guys who are new to the CFL who are going through a work stoppage, then a potential CBA being ratified and then not, so it can be a little confusing. I imagine we'll probably see him again."...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 01:05:44 AM by theaardvark » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: