The Chris Streveler Watch

Started by M.O.A.B., May 18, 2022, 07:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

I'm not sure if his NFL PR time is done but if he feels his NFL opportunity is over he may look back to the CFL. 

When team rosters go back to 3 QB's in 2023 that might be his best opportunity to land on a CFL roster. It will also be a fresh increased SMS level and a new spending period after the season.

Not often a lot of unspent SMS money at this point in the season for any team.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

After reading through all the comments I just would add my support for bringing back Streveler as a Blue Bomber.    He is not only blessed with many skill sets and could play several positions but he is a beloved teammate on top of it all.    Having him on the team even as a backup creates havoc for opposing defences on short yardage plays.....in the 2019 GC game he threw a beautiful 30 yard strike to AH for a TD and even caught a pass.   He made our offence more unpredictable and difficult to defend not to mention his ability on short yardage near the goal line..and the results were points on the board in the biggest game of 2019!
I was high on Chris Streveler from the get go before he even played a set of downs in Blue and Gold.    We provided him the opportunity to showcase his talents and he was instrumental in our 2019 Cup run.   Having said all of this it always boils down to $$ and I wish we could find a way to make him our back up for Zach.   He's worth the extra $$ imho to keep him in Blue and Gold.    I think he would develop with an OC like Buck Pearce and a mentor like Zach.   
Will this happen?  Highly unlikely but I can dream can't I ??
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on May 22, 2022, 03:44:10 PM
After reading through all the comments I just would add my support for bringing back Streveler as a Blue Bomber.    He is not only blessed with many skill sets and could play several positions but he is a beloved teammate on top of it all.    Having him on the team even as a backup creates havoc for opposing defences on short yardage plays.....in the 2019 GC game he threw a beautiful 30 yard strike to AH for a TD and even caught a pass.   He made our offence more unpredictable and difficult to defend not to mention his ability on short yardage near the goal line..and the results were points on the board in the biggest game of 2019!
I was high on Chris Streveler from the get go before he even played a set of downs in Blue and Gold.    We provided him the opportunity to showcase his talents and he was instrumental in our 2019 Cup run.   Having said all of this it always boils down to $$ and I wish we could find a way to make him our back up for Zach.   He's worth the extra $$ imho to keep him in Blue and Gold.    I think he would develop with an OC like Buck Pearce and a mentor like Zach.   
Will this happen?  Highly unlikely but I can dream can't I ??
well stated! Agreed
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

ModAdmin

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
? 5h
Jets informed QB Chris Streveler, who helped lead the team to an unbeaten preseason and also led the team in rushing yards this summer, that they plan to release him Tuesday, per source.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

This is to bad, as he has looked very good in the pre-season. I am sure Strev. will be on a NFL teams PR for the rest of this season.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

John T.

Quote from: ModAdmin on August 30, 2022, 05:12:49 AM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
? 5h
Jets informed QB Chris Streveler, who helped lead the team to an unbeaten preseason and also led the team in rushing yards this summer, that they plan to release him Tuesday, per source.

I can only assume that the New York Jets looked at how well the Cleveland Browns manage their team, and said "Hold my beer."

M.O.A.B.

With Rouke and O'Connor nicked, I got a feeling that Streveller might end up in BC. Hoping another NFL team will PR him.

Pete

I would bet that unless another team picks him up that he ends up on Jets practice roster...he's not going to be in the cfl this year

lockman

The big thing facing Strev in the NFL is the pension.
If he qualifies the NFL is on the hook. Not sure why he was given a tryout because of this.

GCn19

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 21, 2022, 09:38:30 PM
I'm not sure if his NFL PR time is done but if he feels his NFL opportunity is over he may look back to the CFL. 

When team rosters go back to 3 QB's in 2023 that might be his best opportunity to land on a CFL roster. It will also be a fresh increased SMS level and a new spending period after the season.

Not often a lot of unspent SMS money at this point in the season for any team.

He has tons of eligibility time left, as he has never been on a PR before. However, because of the amount of games he has rostered for he could only be placed on the PR in one of the very few veteran spots each team has.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

Blue In BC

Quote from: GCn19 on August 30, 2022, 05:44:25 PM
He has tons of eligibility time left, as he has never been on a PR before. However, because of the amount of games he has rostered for he could only be placed on the PR in one of the very few veteran spots each team has.

That doesn't bode well for him then IMO. It may be time to return to the CFL but his $$ expectations may be an issue doing that. Interesting to see what he does and where.

Lions could be best bet due to injuries to two QB's. Even if O'Conner is healthy next game he's very inexperienced in the CFL. Strev could provide a decent back up / alternate instead of Pipkin?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 30, 2022, 06:15:43 PM
That doesn't bode well for him then IMO. It may be time to return to the CFL but his $$ expectations may be an issue doing that. Interesting to see what he does and where.

Lions could be best bet due to injuries to two QB's. Even if O'Conner is healthy next game he's very inexperienced in the CFL. Strev could provide a decent back up / alternate instead of Pipkin?

BC's $SMS is not conducive to Strevelski going there. 

Ottawa is the only team that makes sense.  Lapo, Masoli's SMS$ window, it all lays out for him to go to Ottawa *if* he comes north...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Waffler

Quote from: theaardvark on August 30, 2022, 11:30:20 PM
BC's $SMS is not conducive to Strevelski going there. 

Ottawa is the only team that makes sense.  Lapo, Masoli's SMS$ window, it all lays out for him to go to Ottawa *if* he comes north...

Might not TO have half of Andrew Harris's money?
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

theaardvark

Quote from: Waffler on August 30, 2022, 11:45:48 PM
Might not TO have half of Andrew Harris's money?

Harris' money is less than half of Masoli's money, Harris was $160k, Masoli was at least twice that and MBT is statistically one of the best QB's in the CFL right now   https://www.cfl.ca/league-leaders/  and has his team in first in the east... 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

I can't see CS in the CFL this year. As long as he has a chance to stay in the NFL and get a pension, he well.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.