The Chris Streveler Watch

Started by M.O.A.B., May 18, 2022, 07:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on January 02, 2023, 11:16:40 PM
Oh let it go already. He?s going to be an nfl roster player anyway he can, I wish him well.

No kidding. Even if he's only on a game day roster for 2 or 3 games a season, he's making a lot of money compared to the CFL. Isn't the NFL minimum about $700K? That's over $41K usd per game.

However I'm not clear how much more time he can spend on any teams PR going forward.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 03, 2023, 03:15:07 PM
No kidding. Even if he's only on a game day roster for 2 or 3 games a season, he's making a lot of money compared to the CFL. Isn't the NFL minimum about $700K? That's over $41K usd per game.

However I'm not clear how much more time he can spend on any teams PR going forward.

They changed it. Teams can now have 6 "veteran" players on the practice roster for an unlimited amount of time. So he can be there forever if a team is willing to use one of those spots on him.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on January 03, 2023, 03:43:34 PM
They changed it. Teams can now have 6 "veteran" players on the practice roster for an unlimited amount of time. So he can be there forever if a team is willing to use one of those spots on him.

Ok but the question becomes will a team / which team be willing to do that for a player 4th on the depth chart? Players at other positions such as a DL might have more chance to get on an AR due to injury than at the QB position.

He's already on his 4th NFL team so 3 teams have decided to not retain him on their PR. He turns 28 next week and had signed a 1 year contract with the Jets ( $207K usd ). In theory he becomes a free agent at the end of the season.

I'd think he'll get a chance to compete in a TC somewhere, but past that chances will be diminishing going forward.

I wish him well but the NFL dream might be coming to a close going into 2023.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

No question multiple teams would love to see him hear competing. We need a new back and short yardage guy as of now!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

DM83

Well Strev is persistent.  He also played well. No dub it will open up the doors for CFL players, to get looked at.
Keep in mind there are probably 50 QB a year in the US that have better stats.  What do teams want? A QB, or a novelty guy that can run a set package?

I would take him and do just that.  The clowns  operating the Ravens an the Cardinals, need  big tough guys to run a RPO, otherwise they risk losing their  regular guy. This is where I would see Strev being employed.

Stretch

Quote from: DM83 on January 13, 2023, 02:48:09 PM
The clowns  operating the Ravens and the Cardinals, need  big tough guys to run a RPO, otherwise they risk losing their  regular guy. This is where I would see Strev being employed.

Ironically he's already been with those two teams (actually played with ARZ as we all know, and had off-season cups of coffee with both BAL and MIA).
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Lincoln Locomotive

This is why Adam Bighill decided to try the CFL after bouncing around on PRs in the NFL he decided he wanted to play meaningful football as a starter and the Bombers welcomed him back with open arms.   He has also made a life for himself outside of football in Winnipeg.    Strev may or may not decide to stick it out another year and I'm sure he hasn't forgotten about the CFL completely....but yeah it looks like he's willing to stick out as long as he can.
Bomber fan for life

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on January 14, 2023, 04:52:32 PM
This is why Adam Bighill decided to try the CFL after bouncing around on PRs in the NFL he decided he wanted to play meaningful football as a starter and the Bombers welcomed him back with open arms.   He has also made a life for himself outside of football in Winnipeg.    Strev may or may not decide to stick it out another year and I'm sure he hasn't forgotten about the CFL completely....but yeah it looks like he's willing to stick out as long as he can.
For most it's all about the $ and trying to make it in the big show

I hope he continues to earn a good living there and then bring his exciting play back to Canada!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on January 14, 2023, 04:52:32 PM
This is why Adam Bighill decided to try the CFL after bouncing around on PRs in the NFL he decided he wanted to play meaningful football as a starter and the Bombers welcomed him back with open arms.   He has also made a life for himself outside of football in Winnipeg.    Strev may or may not decide to stick it out another year and I'm sure he hasn't forgotten about the CFL completely....but yeah it looks like he's willing to stick out as long as he can.

I think a big part of Bighill's decision was influenced by already having a family, wishing to put down roots and spend more time with his kids while they're young.  It's much easier to pursue the NFL path wherever it leads if you're still single, unencumbered and happy to live out of a suitcase.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 14, 2023, 11:52:58 PM
I think a big part of Bighill's decision was influenced by already having a family, wishing to put down roots and spend more time with his kids while they're young.  It's much easier to pursue the NFL path wherever it leads if you're still single, unencumbered and happy to live out of a suitcase.
Yup makes sense

theaardvark

I think that Streve would make a great TE, and that teams might look at him as a /slash player is he is no longer looked at as a true QB.  If he decides to look at that (as he did in College), he could make many NFL rosters and see game time, like Kai Locksley did in Edm...

I can't see him back in the CFL unless someone ponies up the top salary in the league, and even then...

Love the guy, but his return to the CFL would be a sad day.  For him...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on January 15, 2023, 03:47:26 PM
I think that Streve would make a great TE, and that teams might look at him as a /slash player is he is no longer looked at as a true QB.  If he decides to look at that (as he did in College), he could make many NFL rosters and see game time, like Kai Locksley did in Edm...

I can't see him back in the CFL unless someone ponies up the top salary in the league, and even then...

You've been saying this since 2019. Nobody in the NFL is going to sign his as a tight end. You do realize that every NFL tight end is just as or more athletic than he is and they've actually be trained at the position before stepping onto an NFL field.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on January 15, 2023, 03:47:26 PM

Strev is not big enough to be a TE.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

And if Streveler did in fact play TE in college, it was inconsequential; it's mentioned basically nowhere.

Quote from: Jesse on January 16, 2023, 01:45:05 PM
Strev is not big enough to be a TE.

That's just one problem with the suggestion.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.