Started by theaardvark, May 06, 2022, 02:56:55 PM
Quote from: Jesse on May 24, 2022, 09:25:22 PMThe CFL seems to word things from a league perspective.I?m guessing the 450 cap reduction is actually 50k per team.The million would also be divided across the league (bonuses based on some sort of seniority scale?).
Quote from: Jesse on May 24, 2022, 08:52:24 PMBut you?d construct your roster differently. Teams would attempt to get Vets in those roles and any increase in their pay would come at the expenses of some of your Canadians. If Thomas and Woli can have their snaps cut in half, you could pay them less (or bring in cheaper players) and invest in Grant and [insert American tackle] to play those snaps.
Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 25, 2022, 03:29:06 AMThe deal will get done. Between the league conceding the 3-FAKENAT thing and sweetening the pot, and add in the fact that a whackton of IMPs didn't vote, this latest offer will be approved. I would bet the farm on it.No worries. We play on Friday!
Quote from: theaardvark on May 25, 2022, 04:27:16 PMThere are rumours saying the PA won't have a vote before Friday... if they are holding out for a return to 7 NAT + 1 Nationalized INT, that is just short sighted and to put it bluntly, dumb.They got $1mil ratification bonus (depending on how that is split, $1500-3000/player), they lose 7 NAT starting jobs (but those players will still be on rosters), and maybe a scootch less bargaining power for having the right birth certificate.At risk is everything, this contract offer is even better than the best one ever offered the CFLPA. Voting it down, or not voting at all is risking killing games (lost revenue for all parties), and players losing fan support because not accepting this looks like 100% greed, with no respect for the game, the league, and the fans.
Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on May 25, 2022, 04:58:18 PMI agree. All wild speculation on my part coming up but it's fun to try. My guess is this is the league's best and final offer. If they vote no, or if the players try and stretch this out and politic their way to something different the league will lock them out. I think the league would prefer the ratio gone or dramatically reduced (like in their initial, initial offer) but are willing to do it incrementally over time. If the players hit the nuclear button it's going to hurt the league for sure so they'll play their only card left which is to take things away from the players at regular intervals. They players don't have any leverage left, I don't think.
Quote from: gordo on May 25, 2022, 05:15:31 PMSo pre-season game on Friday way up in the air. Or have they made an announcement on it that I missed? I assume if they vote and settle by Thursday it's on.I love the CFL but this is another shot in the foot. Wade Miller needs to be the next commissioner.
Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on May 25, 2022, 05:17:03 PMWade is on the negotiating team on behalf of the owners. His voice is heard. Pre-season games are up in the air, yes. Yesterday, we got timed media releases from Winnipeg and Calgary saying they were 'optimistic'. Ultimately it will come down to the vote (or non vote) of the players.
Quote from: gordo on May 25, 2022, 05:19:46 PMSo sounds like they won't decide to cancel until last possible minute to keep the game alive. Could hear on Friday at 4PM the game is off (or on hopefully).
Quote from: Blue In BC on May 25, 2022, 05:22:56 PMYeah. League said they needed an answer by Thursday night. CFLPA sounds like they won't be ready with an answer until Friday. By definition that means the league will not move forward with the game.No the CFLPA might move the answer up before the league deadline or not. One team needs to put together or cancel travel plans, so you can't wait until 1/2 before game time. As much as I want this game to go ahead, I think if the CFLPA stalls the game should be cancelled. The next level caveat is that they provide an answer before the deadline but the answer is NO. Then what happens is a giant question.