Blue Bombers Forum
August 18, 2022, 07:26:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers sign quarterback Chase Litton  (Read 2059 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: May 01, 2022, 06:05:20 PM »

Blue Bombers sign quarterback Chase Litton

WINNIPEG, MB., May 1, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American quarterback Chase Litton.

Litton (6-5, 230, Marshall, October 5, 1995 in Winter Park, FL) signed with the Kansas City Chiefs as an undrafted free agent in 2018. He then signed to the Jacksonville Jaguars in September 2019. He went on to spend time in the XFL with the Seattle Dragons and the Tampa Bay Vipers organizations in 2019 and most recently signed with the Ottawa Redblacks in 2021.  During his freshman year at Marshall, he played in 11 games and threw for 2,605 yards and 23 touchdowns, a Marshall freshman record. As a junior in 2017, Litton started all 13 of Marshall?s games, completing 266 of 443 passes for 3,115 yards and 25 touchdowns.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 07:04:32 PM »

Nice numbers lets see how quicky he can learn our game, make the wide side field throws and can he read a d

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
theaardvark

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 07:09:46 PM »

Nice numbers lets see how quicky he can learn our game, make the wide side field throws and can he read a d

Wide side throws just got a lot shorter...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 07:13:36 PM »

Big QB at 6'5" and 230. If he has some agility and speed he could be an interesting QB to watch. Of course he starts as the # 4 at the moment.

Draft profile in 2018 Cons:

He?s got a few notable off-the-field incidents to his name, which could affect how some scouts and GMs see him. He?s also not all that mobile and he has that Brett Favre factor to him. By that, I mean a lot of his throws are either home runs or easy interceptions. The overall accuracy is going to have to improve if he wants to last all that long in the NFL.

He may have improved since then but we'll see.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 07:21:58 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Jesse

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 09:14:56 PM »

Usually, I don't get excited about 27 year olds coming in and starting the process to learn the game...

My wife is amazing!
Pigskin

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 05:18:51 PM »

I guess he had a cup of coffee with Ottawa last year. Seems to be able to throw the deep ball. Throwing motion a little like Strev. Hope he can run like Strev. lol

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 07:04:11 PM »

Usually, I don't get excited about 27 year olds coming in and starting the process to learn the game...

Same. I'm still curious to see what he can show in this offense, though.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 10:08:44 PM »

Same. I'm still curious to see what he can show in this offense, though.
I agree he seems to old. He must of wowed at the FA camp. Could Danny Max actually find us a QB who is good?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 11:57:04 PM »

Forgot about that

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GCn19

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2022, 01:37:33 PM »

Still a lot wider than an NFL/NCAA field.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2022, 02:57:08 PM »

Still a lot wider than an NFL/NCAA field.

hash to far sideline:

NFL/NCAA - 100'
Old CFL - 123'
New CFL - 111'

Considerable less than before not a lot more than NCAA now...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Tiger

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2022, 02:33:31 AM »

Big QB at 6'5" and 230. If he has some agility and speed he could be an interesting QB to watch. Of course he starts as the # 4 at the moment.

He?s got a few notable off-the-field incidents to his name, which could affect how some scouts and GMs see him. He?s also not all that mobile and he has that Brett Favre factor to him. By that, I mean a lot of his throws are either home runs or easy interceptions. The overall accuracy is going to have to improve if he wants to last all that long in the NFL.

A lot of guys have had off field issues and done quite well in the cfl....and others have fizzled or continued.  We will see

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
gordo

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2022, 03:08:29 PM »

Biggest con is Ottawa said no thanks.

Not optimistic but I guess a guy his size who can throw is worth a look.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2022, 03:25:34 PM »

Biggest con is Ottawa said no thanks.

Not optimistic but I guess a guy his size who can throw is worth a look.

Ottawa released him before camp because they didn't think he was healthy enough.

DM83

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2022, 07:56:43 PM »

Probably just an arm for training camp.
Pocket passers in the CFL are painful.  A la Drew Willey .
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: