Blue Bombers Forum
July 01, 2022, 01:49:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers add two to roster - April 25, 2022  (Read 1097 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: April 25, 2022, 03:07:17 PM »

Blue Bombers add two to roster - April 25, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., April 25, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed two American players with offensive lineman Leon Johnson and defensive tackle Kenneth Randall.

Johnson (6-5, 332, Temple University, June 4, 1995 in New Brunswick, NJ) joins the Blue Bombers after a four-year college career with the Owls. He made 10 starts at left tackle during his senior season including the season-opener against Notre Dame in which he served as one of the team captains. Johnson started 14 games at right tackle during his junior year.

Prior to signing with the Blue Bombers, Johnson signed with the National Football League's Denver Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2018 and attended the team's training camp. Johnson signed with the Salt Lake Stallions of the Alliance of American Football for the 2019 season. He would later go on to sign with the Calgary Stampeders in 2020 and saw action for one start in 2021.

Randall
(6-2, 302, University of Charleston, December 7, 1995 in Atlantic City, NJ) comes to the Blue Bombers after a solid college career with the Golden Eagles. The defensive tackle was named First Team All-MEC Honors in 2019 and finished his collegiate career with 64 tackles, 7 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles.

Randall signed with the National Football League's Jacksonville Jaguars in 2021 as an undrafted free agent and attended the team's training camp.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Blue In BC

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 03:58:15 PM »

Big bodies.

Randall seems like a Richardson body type DT. Low to the ground and heavier than our other current DT's.  Whether that translates to a role on the roster IDK but he'll be one to watch.

Johnson has experience at LT which is always a good thing to find depth on the roster. Our starters are solid but you never know when an injury happens and you need that ability.

Sound like good prospects to watch / hear about in TC.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
VictorRomano

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 07:24:45 PM »

6'5", 332#

That's a Big Johnson.
DM83

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 07:40:42 PM »

New Jersey has a New Brunswick?
can this guy move ?
Blue In BC

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 08:15:21 PM »

New Jersey has a New Brunswick?
can this guy move ?

I'm guessing he has some athletic ability. Even in college moving an OT from RT to LT suggests he has some talent as well as size. Obviously playing in the pro's requires a big step in technique / coaching but he has seems to have the ingredients to play.

Footwork, technique and fluid movement will be evaluated in TC. He might start as a project on the PR but that wouldn't be unusual.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
kkc60

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 09:04:13 PM »

nice article on Kenny Randall

https://973espn.com/mainland-alum-kenny-randall-has-taken-unusual-journey-to-nfl/
theaardvark

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 09:11:39 PM »

TC keeps getting tougher... going to be tough to crack the line-up behind our INT OT's... but there are now 4 INT OT's vying for the backup spots... all over 6'4, 300lbs... 

Any bets on how many end up on other CFL rosters after TC?  Yeah, I know, every team brings in a load of hoggies to camp... just interesting to see what these guys have that has us bringing in 4...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 10:10:39 PM »

TC keeps getting tougher... going to be tough to crack the line-up behind our INT OT's... but there are now 4 INT OT's vying for the backup spots... all over 6'4, 300lbs... 

Any bets on how many end up on other CFL rosters after TC?  Yeah, I know, every team brings in a load of hoggies to camp... just interesting to see what these guys have that has us bringing in 4...

On other teams rosters? None.

On ours probably 2 on the PR. We're bringing in 4 in order to find those 2 and because we lost Desjarlais and Eli. Also lost Dobson to USFL and there might not be good candidates in upcoming draft. Harder to find more Canadian OL quickly that could compete, especially at OT.

You need 12 -14 OL to run a TC.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 11:54:25 AM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2022, 11:58:38 PM »

Nice some hogs with size

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2022, 04:03:52 AM »

Very nice.  Always an eye to Yosh or Stan The Man retiring.  We need some serious hopper material to survive either guy going down or quitting.

I think Bryant is now the most-decorated (3 time MOOL?) OL ever?  Someone find that guy the fountain of youth!

Never go full Rider!
NewBlue

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2022, 12:06:05 PM »

Very nice.  Always an eye to Yosh or Stan The Man retiring.  We need some serious hopper material to survive either guy going down or quitting.

I think Bryant is now the most-decorated (3 time MOOL?) OL ever?  Someone find that guy the fountain of youth!

Hey, Walby & Gorrel played I think right up to 40.   Grin
Blue In BC

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2022, 07:43:18 PM »

Hey, Walby & Gorrel played I think right up to 40.   Grin

I think both are capable of playing at an all star level for a few more years. Whether they want to is another question. Whether we choose to move away from either might come up in a similar way it did with A.Harris. Both are on 1 year deals so free agency becomes more of a question each off season.

At some point we may find the next S. Bryant that is on an ELC and not getting close to $200K.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 10:07:48 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Sec223

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2022, 07:55:37 PM »

Hey, Walby & Gorrel played I think right up to 40.   Grin
[/quot
Longer seasons now adds to wear and tear.
DM83

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2022, 03:19:23 AM »

Hmmm.  I think OT with agility have a pretty easy gig.  You are the biggest guys in camp.  You are  a proven competent player, and it's only six months work for over .$100,000.00. Plus they don't seem to have an overblown inflated ego of themselves, and seem to really be team guys who enjoy pancaking second and third level defenders.
I can not see them leaving unless some injury destroys their skills.  Maybe the newbies will be looked at at guard or center?

Road graders 2022!!
Blue In BC

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2022, 03:26:50 PM »

Hmmm.  I think OT with agility have a pretty easy gig.  You are the biggest guys in camp.  You are  a proven competent player, and it's only six months work for over .$100,000.00. Plus they don't seem to have an overblown inflated ego of themselves, and seem to really be team guys who enjoy pancaking second and third level defenders.
I can not see them leaving unless some injury destroys their skills.  Maybe the newbies will be looked at at guard or center?

Road graders 2022!!

OT's on other teams might disagree on a easy gig when they have to line up against Jefferson or Jeffcoat. Nobody likes to made to look foolish.

The rookies might get some looks aside from OT but ratio making that adjustment is more difficult. We'd need some combination of Neufeld or Gray having to move to OT to allow an import on the OL inside. Not likely we have an import OL as a DI, so definitely not an in game solution.

Longer term injury at OT and I'd expect at import coming off the PR to play at OT.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: