Blue Bombers Forum
October 01, 2022, 01:45:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Things you should know about Jalen Saunders  (Read 2547 times)
Pigskin

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2022, 04:02:16 PM »

Sounds like Jackson and Schoen are both having a very TC. Headed to TC in a few minutes.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
kkc60

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2022, 06:19:40 PM »

too bad. no harm in seeing what he had in the tank
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2022, 08:20:31 PM »

6th item
Released
To bad so sad

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
DM83

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2022, 02:39:09 PM »

Well he tried it.
Injuries kill all careers, don't they?
It's a brutal game, it's for younger guys.
He obviously could not come back all the way.
Oh well he can get on with his "adult" type long standing jobs.   He has a couple businesses he has created.  So good planning.
I didn't realize he was so small. Lot of those guys round.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2022, 08:32:46 PM »

I didn't realize he was so small. Lot of those guys round.

His kick return style always reminded me of Pinball.  Small is good for a PR/KR.

Never go full Rider!
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2022, 12:30:28 AM »

New details have emerged regarding the release of Jalen Saunders by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers this week after a woman came forward to Winnipeg police claiming the CFL receiver sexually assaulted her over the May long weekend.

According to a report from Jeff Hamilton of the Winnipeg Free Press, a 22-year-old woman has filed a formal complaint alleging that Saunders pressed to enter her apartment after a night out at a restaurant and pressured her for sex. She then claims Saunders assaulted her over a period of several hours despite repeated pleas for him to stop.

The Bombers formally released the receiver on Wednesday morning after learning of the accusations. The team provided the following statement to the Winnipeg Free Press:

?On Tuesday, May 24, 2022, the (team) was made aware, via social media, of an alleged sexual assault involving one of our players, Jalen Saunders. Immediately, our club advised the individual who came forward to notify the Winnipeg police. At the same time, we began our internal review of the off-field incident, following the CFL policy of violence against women.

After our internal review, this player was immediately released from the roster by our organization. The Winnipeg Football Club takes violence against women and sexual assault seriously, and thanks the individuals for coming forward on this matter.?

https://3downnation.com/2022/05/26/bombers-released-jalen-saunders-due-to-sexual-assault-allegations-report/
TecnoGenius

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2022, 12:45:27 AM »

Argh.

Foot, meet gun.

Oh well, that definitely makes him not a "MOS locker room type guy".

Never go full Rider!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2022, 01:04:22 AM »

Well what a idiot! If true do no want that crap around here on many levels.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2022, 01:10:58 AM »

DId we give Saunders a signing bonus?

Never go full Rider!
theaardvark

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2022, 01:15:45 AM »

If true, and it must be credible for the team to take action, I hope the full extent of the law is brought to bear on him.  There is no place in this day and age for this behaviour.  Kudos for the Bombers acting swiftly.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2022, 06:22:36 AM »

I don't know why they don't use the word "rape" anymore.....that sure sounds like rape to me.
Horseman

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2022, 12:49:43 PM »

I don't know why they don't use the word "rape" anymore.....that sure sounds like rape to me.

There is no such thing as "rape" under the Criminal Code, that is an American term, in Canada, it is a sexual assault.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2022, 01:49:19 PM »

I didn't see that coming....he sounded like a solid guy initially.   The Bombers did the right thing.

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2022, 09:33:35 PM »

There is no such thing as "rape" under the Criminal Code, that is an American term, in Canada, it is a sexual assault.

I like the term rape better, sexual assault sounds like he maybe grabbed someone's ***.  Pro athletes wriggle out of charges often enough, but Saunders could be facing serious prison time if prosecuted.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 10:14:37 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
Horseman

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2022, 10:40:29 PM »

I like the term rape better, sexual assault sounds like he maybe grabbed someone's ***.  Pro athletes wriggle out of charges often enough, but Saunders could be facing serious prison time if prosecuted.

This Canada, no one gets serious prison time (although he should) especially if he is a 1st time offender. IF found guilty and depending on the severity/events that took place, the most he will get is 2 years less a day (Provincial time).
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: