Blue Bombers Forum
August 15, 2022, 05:04:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Elks return to EE helmet logo  (Read 2280 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2022, 06:01:33 PM »

So researchers have NEVER been wrong?   Let?s see your research on that please.  I will wait.

There are many good team names that were not offensive, this one sucks. They painted themselves into a corner by wanting to stick with the EE, If you read the original post you will see that was my point.  If you think Elk is a good football team name good for you but there are many better options than some lame animal nobody ever mentioned.

Then Empire would have been a better choice, so much more marketable than an animal nobody ever talks about.  Could have had Star Wars play into some themes as well bringing in a different demographic to the game.   Much better logo choices as well instead of a dumb rack that belong on a wall in the trailer park.

But, what?s done is done?

Dying to know your better suggestions (unless you were serious about Star Wars)

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pigskin

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2022, 06:03:36 PM »

I see nothing wrong with going back to the EE on the helmet.  

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2022, 06:07:40 PM »

I'm sure Disney/Star Wars would be totally fine with a CFL team using their intellectual property.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
theaardvark

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2022, 06:31:57 PM »

I'm sure Disney/Star Wars would be totally fine with a CFL team using their intellectual property.

The Bombers had "Wrath of Khan" shirts... just sayin'

Not sure if they were approved / licensed

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
road griller

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2022, 08:39:18 PM »

You are saying they could  not  have a come as your favourite Star Wars character day at the stadium? 

Sure Disney would love the sales of props and the exposure.   Selling rip off merchandise may be an issue?

Can't go wrong when you go long!
road griller

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2022, 08:41:36 PM »

No research data to give you but it is very safe to assume ANY organization making a major change in their organization - in this case a name change - would do their homework (research and fan opinion) before making such a change.  It's logic. 

And are you saying they are always 100% right?  Yes or no?

road griller

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2022, 08:43:21 PM »

All those Comicon events must end up a ton of arrests if people can?t wear Star Wars stuff in public?.

road griller

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2022, 08:45:38 PM »

Yes , Empire.  A lot more marketable for a violent game than an animal that is the hunted and not the hunter?.

blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2022, 08:50:59 PM »

Yes, but did those shirts make mention of Star Trek or use any imagery or designs related to that intellectual property? I don't recall that. Much in the same way as the More Cowbell shirts, using a generic statement seems pretty low risk and sort of flies under the radar.

Gearing a major part of the Star Wars universe around marketing a team without proper licensing seems considerably more risky and would attract more attention, IMO.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
Jesse

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2022, 09:01:17 PM »

Right for their fan base, yes.

Empire was intentionally left off of the short list because of its Colonial connotations.

My wife is amazing!
blue_or_die

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2022, 09:29:04 PM »

Empire was intentionally left off of the short list because of its Colonial connotations.

Uh oh, you took the bait!

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
theaardvark

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2022, 09:31:10 PM »

All those Comicon events must end up a ton of arrests if people can?t wear Star Wars stuff in public?.

Ummmm.. the Bombers were selling "Wrath of Khan 60" shirts...

Yes, but did those shirts make mention of Star Trek or use any imagery or designs related to that intellectual property? I don't recall that. Much in the same way as the More Cowbell shirts, using a generic statement seems pretty low risk and sort of flies under the radar.

Gearing a major part of the Star Wars universe around marketing a team without proper licensing seems considerably more risky and would attract more attention, IMO.

They were definitely identifiable as referencing the movie, in style and font IIRC....

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
road griller

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2022, 10:29:40 PM »

How about the Blue Bombers?  Seeing what is going on in Ukraine and the world right now Bombers should be gone as well.

Winnipeg Blue Bunnies, that way nobody can be offended and we keep the BB and it?s as ferocious as an Elk.

ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2022, 11:02:45 PM »

Nowhere have I suggested they are always 100% right but the likelihood they did their homework before deciding on a name has far more weight that one fan's opinion on the name.  Are there others like you?  Of course.  You simply can't please everyone in a situation like this.  But they certainly did not put a bunch of names in a hat and pull out "Elks".  That is all I am saying.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2022, 07:11:44 PM »

It's like what is next?  Vikings?  Sooner or later, someone will even find Ducks or Sharks offensive..  what will happen is that all our teams will be EE, BB or CC or whatever.. LOL...
Your post makes zero sense.  Get with the times man.

Imagine being this insensitive and ignorant.
Love it

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: