Blue Bombers Forum
August 11, 2022, 10:12:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Agency - February 8th, 2022 - Other CFL Teams Discusssion/Signings  (Read 18551 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #210 on: February 08, 2022, 09:37:41 PM »

As it stands right now:

Out:
Adams         - OTT
Antigha        - EDM
Desjarlais     - NFL
Harris          - TOR
Jones           - MTL
Kongbo        - NFL
Lawler         - EDM
Richardson   - BC

That's a ton of talent and more losses to come.

In:
Ellingson

we did not get better today...thankfully season doesn't start for a bit yet.  The challenge of winning two in row - our players are good and other teams want them.
PurpleReign

« Reply #211 on: February 08, 2022, 09:38:01 PM »

Easily the worst news of the day. I get why (money, opportunity) but still don't like it. It'll be weird seeing him in an Argos jersey playing in front of a few hundred fans.

This was a very smart move by the Bombers.  Harris is at end of career and with Augustine and Brady the Bombers will be fine.
theaardvark

« Reply #212 on: February 08, 2022, 09:47:43 PM »

As it stands right now:

Out:
Adams         - OTT
Antigha        - EDM
Desjarlais     - NFL
Harris          - TOR
Jones           - MTL
Kongbo        - NFL
Lawler         - EDM
Richardson   - BC

In:
Ellingson

And you forgot Alford -NFL

But again, look at the roster and list all the "new" players that were in the GC this year that were not on the game day roster for the 2019 cup.  Or on the 2018 roster.  

No one keeps all their players, and none of those players were signed away for less money than they made / would have been offered here.  They were all "bought" at a premium.  

That is a lot of talent going out, but many already had replacements nipping at their heels, and tomorrow (CFL Boxing Day) and beyond is when Walters shines.  Trading for players that teams can no longer afford (like Darby last year) and signing under the radar players that did not get signed today.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #213 on: February 08, 2022, 09:49:19 PM »

This was a very smart move by the Bombers.  Harris is at end of career and with Augustine and Brady the Bombers will be fine.

Financially, the Bombers couldn't do it. That tracks and I agree with the business end of it.

It still sucks to see a fan favourite and local boy leave, though.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #214 on: February 08, 2022, 09:56:26 PM »

I am ok with Harris moving on. He did not get on the field enough in a 14 game season last year.

I like our current back field on O.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #215 on: February 08, 2022, 10:00:52 PM »

Scouting department has the work cut out in the WR DL DB department. Plus is Mortauda good enough? Also need a good kick returner.

Ridermania

« Reply #216 on: February 08, 2022, 10:49:36 PM »

At least he went to the east. We only see him once entire year including no home date here.

It?ll be interesting to see how many games he?ll actually end up playing? Health.

Come to Regina on July 23rd and see Andrew Harris play vs the Riders.

We can drink beer and talk smack.
Blue In BC

« Reply #217 on: February 08, 2022, 11:01:18 PM »

And you forgot Alford -NFL

But again, look at the roster and list all the "new" players that were in the GC this year that were not on the game day roster for the 2019 cup.  Or on the 2018 roster.  

No one keeps all their players, and none of those players were signed away for less money than they made / would have been offered here.  They were all "bought" at a premium.  

That is a lot of talent going out, but many already had replacements nipping at their heels, and tomorrow (CFL Boxing Day) and beyond is when Walters shines.  Trading for players that teams can no longer afford (like Darby last year) and signing under the radar players that did not get signed today.

We only had 2 rookies starting in 2021: Alford and Nichols. Darby was added as an experienced veteran. All the other rookies were back up players: Hallett, Kramdi, Liegghio and Cadwallader: 2021 draft choices. Two DI's in Antigua and Brown

Today we lost: Lawler, Adams, Harris, Richardson, Jones, Darby all were starters in 2021. Also lost Alford and Desjarlais to the NFL. Both were starters in 2021.

In addition we lost Kongbo to the NFL. He was a rotational starter.

No word yet on what's happening with Grant. He was our primary returner. Lost Castillo ( probably ) but he was a late season addition.

Lost Eli due to covid issue.

In no way does this remotely resemble the kinds of changes we experienced in 2021. We were a veteran laden team with very few changes going into 2021.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Ridermania

« Reply #218 on: February 08, 2022, 11:59:35 PM »

Montreal Alouettes have signed veteran quarterback Trevor Harris to a one-year contract for the 2022 season.
bluengold204

« Reply #219 on: February 09, 2022, 12:39:57 AM »

As it stands right now:

Out:
Adams         - OTT
Alford           - NFL (Thx Aards)
Antigha        - EDM
Darby          - OTT (Thx Pete)
Desjarlais     - NFL
Harris          - TOR
Jones           - MTL
Kongbo        - NFL
Lawler         - EDM
Richardson   - BC

In:
Ellingson

That?s a lot to overcome? not liking our threepeat chances right now
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #220 on: February 09, 2022, 12:41:50 AM »

As it stands right now:

Out:
Adams         - OTT
Alford           - NFL (Thx Aards)
Antigha        - EDM
Darby          - OTT (Thx Pete)
Desjarlais     - NFL
Harris          - TOR
Jones           - MTL
Kongbo        - NFL
Lawler         - EDM
Richardson   - BC

In:
Ellingson

Lots of good names on that list! Goes to show you how special that team was last year and 2019 too. There are a few names on that list that aren't going to hurt that much and some that will. Lawler, Desjarlais and Alford are the biggest talents going out the door. Can't fault Walters much for those losses. Two to the NFL and Edmonton throwing crazy money at Lawler makes it tough. Richardson and Kongbo hurt not because of their irreplaceability but because they were great value last year (and Kongbo had the right passport). Had we signed those two for bigger money and their values becomes questionable.  Adams, Harris and Antigha are not impactful losses and you could have argued that money was better spent elsewhere even in 2021. Darby and Jones are kind of in between but most teams have lost a Darby and a Jones today so that's a bit of a push.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 12:46:19 AM by Sir Blue and Gold » Logged
Blue72

« Reply #221 on: February 09, 2022, 12:46:57 AM »

That makes five QBs for them now
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #222 on: February 09, 2022, 12:51:29 AM »

We only had 2 rookies starting in 2021: Alford and Nichols. Darby was added as an experienced veteran. All the other rookies were back up players: Hallett, Kramdi, Liegghio and Cadwallader: 2021 draft choices. Two DI's in Antigua and Brown

Today we lost: Lawler, Adams, Harris, Richardson, Jones, Darby all were starters in 2021. Also lost Alford and Desjarlais to the NFL. Both were starters in 2021.

In addition we lost Kongbo to the NFL. He was a rotational starter.

No word yet on what's happening with Grant. He was our primary returner. Lost Castillo ( probably ) but he was a late season addition.

Lost Eli due to covid issue.

In no way does this remotely resemble the kinds of changes we experienced in 2021. We were a veteran laden team with very few changes going into 2021.

I'm pretty sure there were zero changes on offence from 2019 to 2021, which is amazing.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #223 on: February 09, 2022, 12:59:44 AM »

Come to Regina on July 23rd and see Andrew Harris play vs the Riders.

We can drink beer and talk smack.
LOL sounds like fun!

Blue In BC

« Reply #224 on: February 09, 2022, 02:35:13 AM »

I'm pretty sure there were zero changes on offence from 2019 to 2021, which is amazing.

We only lost Streveler as our # 2 QB and Whitehead as a depth player. Our starting offence was intact.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22
  Print  

Jump to: