Free Agency - February 8th, 2022 - Blue Bomber Discusssion/Signings

Started by ModAdmin, January 31, 2022, 04:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

road griller

He would fit best in LaPo?s check down, throw for 3 on 2nd and 8 offence.  I can?t see him taking 40-60k less to play here but you never know.  I think they are going for Thunder and Lightning with Brady O and Johnny A with Borsa in case of injury.

kkc60

Quote from: road griller on February 03, 2022, 11:47:31 PM
  I think they are going for Thunder and Lightning with Brady O and Johnny A with Borsa in case of injury.
That's what I think too. Like Cotton and Marshall, except hopefully much more efficient (and Canadian!)

dd

Quote from: Pigskin on February 03, 2022, 08:06:10 PM
I could see AH33 with the Riders. Won't that be a fun Banjo Bowl.
I can see this happening. Riders hosting grey cup, they ll pay the bucks to get him and his energy into their huddle and hopefully push them over the top. It would be sad, but heck they signed Geroy Simon the last time they hosted the cup, so I wouldn?t put it past them to do this again, and it would be the ultimate sting on the bombers signing Winnipeg?s home boy away from the bombers in the grey cup year and the banjo bowl would be insane!!!!

road griller

Quote from: dd on February 04, 2022, 03:20:07 AM
I can see this happening. Riders hosting grey cup, they ll pay the bucks to get him and his energy into their huddle and hopefully push them over the top. It would be sad, but heck they signed Geroy Simon the last time they hosted the cup, so I wouldn?t put it past them to do this again, and it would be the ultimate sting on the bombers signing Winnipeg?s home boy away from the bombers in the grey cup year and the banjo bowl would be insane!!!!

I don?t think the Riders have the cap space, otherwise they would have Duke signed already.

Ridermania

Quote from: road griller on February 04, 2022, 01:19:55 PM
I don?t think the Riders have the cap space, otherwise they would have Duke signed already.

Riders have cap space available.

Duke is looking over his other offers and then will decide.

road griller

Quote from: Ridermania on February 04, 2022, 02:37:57 PM
Riders have cap space available.

Duke is looking over his other offers and then will decide.

What is he looking at , free peanuts and popcorn after the game?  Or money? If the Riders gave him what he wanted he would sign. They always have to keep the ?Regina Tax? in mind when calculating the SMS which can be difficult.

GCn19

Quote from: road griller on February 04, 2022, 01:19:55 PM
I don?t think the Riders have the cap space, otherwise they would have Duke signed already.

I am sure they can afford to sign him. I think Duke is looking at other options because why wouldn't he look to see if he can get out of Regina. The Riders have had a really big problem with player retention unless overpaying over the past several seasons and a lot of that has to do with Regina being such a small market without much to offer.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

Pete

Seem like the legend of the Stove Richardson is growing daily. Now he's being rated as the #1 DL free agent. Likely both BC and Sask are interested. I like him but I think he's being overated and  we can',t afford him. I would take a chance on Nevis



3rdand1.5

IMO signing Johny is a telling sign. Walter stated he can't keep all three, we know we are getting "tight" with cap space. So one would assume something has to give...Borsa signed, Johny signed...Olivera and Harris not signed.
I think it is a fair certainty that both of the guys unsigned being signed is very, very slim.

In saying that you have to compare them and take emotions out and IMO Olivera is the better signing...He will almost certainly be less expensive which helps the cap, he is much younger, and the risk is mitigated if he faulters with Augustine already signed.

I hate to see him go but Harris moving on may be the best fit....He can certainly get another team to pay him more than we could, so financially it makes sense for him. As much as he did for our team all good things eventually come to and end and this may be his end.

GCn19

Quote from: dd on February 04, 2022, 03:20:07 AM
I can see this happening. Riders hosting grey cup, they ll pay the bucks to get him and his energy into their huddle and hopefully push them over the top. It would be sad, but heck they signed Geroy Simon the last time they hosted the cup, so I wouldn?t put it past them to do this again, and it would be the ultimate sting on the bombers signing Winnipeg?s home boy away from the bombers in the grey cup year and the banjo bowl would be insane!!!!

If they want to spend 200k on him instead of fixing their OL and LBing crew then I say right on. We will stuff Andrew because he has no OL to help him there. However, I find the Riders an unlikely destination because they have Maas and he doesn't run the ball.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

road griller

Quote from: GCn19 on February 04, 2022, 03:16:19 PM
I am sure they can afford to sign him. I think Duke is looking at other options because why wouldn't he look to see if he can get out of Regina. The Riders have had a really big problem with player retention unless overpaying over the past several seasons and a lot of that has to do with Regina being such a small market without much to offer.

Yup, the Regina Tax the least desirable place to be for any human.  Which is why they always have to watch their $$$$.  Are they going to overpay for a 35 year old  Nat RB with no real back up in case of injury?  Or go import at 30-40% of the cost?  I don?t think JO is that dumb or desperate.  Although he did go all in on Fajardo, twice?.?

GCn19

Quote from: Pete on February 04, 2022, 03:17:47 PM
Seem like the legend of the Stove Richardson is growing daily. Now he's being rated as the #1 DL free agent. Likely both BC and Sask are interested. I like him but I think he's being overated and  we can',t afford him. I would take a chance on Nevis




BC seems to be the most logical landing spot for Stove. Their DL was brutal.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

GCn19

Quote from: road griller on February 04, 2022, 03:32:38 PM
Yup, the Regina Tax the least desirable place to be for any human.  Which is why they always have to watch their $$$$.  Are they going to overpay for a 35 year old  Nat RB with no real back up in case of injury?  Or go import at 30-40% of the cost?  I don?t think JO is that dumb or desperate.  Although he did go all in on Fajardo, twice?.?

Never underestimate the Riders ability to sign washed up veterans. Heck they just extended Larry Dean.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

Pigskin

Only a few days left before FA. We have a few more pieces to sign.

D: Alexander, Jones, Taylor, Darby, Stove, Hansen.

O: Harris or Oliveira, Lawler, Adams, Eli.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

road griller

Quote from: GCn19 on February 04, 2022, 03:37:20 PM
Never underestimate the Riders ability to sign washed up veterans. Heck they just extended Larry Dean.

No question they take what they can get but Harris won?t come cheap like Dean did.  That is the big factor, they have to overpay at so many positions.  Never say never but Ottawa will pay the $$$$$ and he knows LaPo.