Blue Bombers Forum
October 01, 2022, 02:47:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pick Your Player  (Read 5050 times)
GCn19

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2022, 07:12:45 PM »

I'm in the assumption that Lawler will not be back and Adams will probably sign somewhere (maybe Ott) because I think he will get a lower $$ here compare to what he will get in FA.

Normally, I would agree but Adams has been very amicable to the team in his past couple contracts. He likes it here.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Jesse

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2022, 07:21:52 PM »

I'm in the assumption that Lawler will not be back and Adams will probably sign somewhere (maybe Ott) because I think he will get a lower $$ here compare to what he will get in FA.

If Lawler is gone, then I expect Bailey and Adams back.

If Lawler accepts our offer, then I think those guys look for better contracts elsewhere.

My wife is amazing!
blue_or_die

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2022, 09:00:59 PM »

If Lawler is gone, then I expect Bailey and Adams back.

If Lawler accepts our offer, then I think those guys look for better contracts elsewhere.

Not sure I agree. I don't think either are connected. I really think Darvin wants to finish his career here and be paid fairly, have a chance at playoff money and another ring, and not have to move into anew city and system. I think Bailey stays but might test the market before signing. And I think Lawler is the sacrifice simply because he will likely make north of $200 somewhere else that can afford to outbid us.

So I think we will be looking to find someone that can play like a #1 WR for maybe #2 money. Could be an FA that just needs the right QB to give him the ball and have a breakout year. Or maybe it's a blue chip recruit who we think has massive upside to become a Lawler by season's end and Darvin becomes the #1 target for a while?

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2022, 09:03:22 PM »

I don't even think Adams is a pending free agent. He signed a 3-year deal in 2020. I know it's been reported in some places but from the Bombers own release:

Adams (6-2, 201, Auburn) had been scheduled to become a free agent on February 11, but is now locked up through the 2022 Canadian Football League season. The 2020 campaign will mark the 30-year-old?s sixth with the Blue Bombers since joining the club in 2015 after two years with the Toronto Argonauts.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/02/09/bombers-sign-receiver-darvin-adams-three-year-extension/
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2022, 09:05:45 PM »

I don't even think Adams is a pending free agent. He signed a 3-year deal in 2020. I know it's been reported in some places but from the Bombers own release:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/02/09/bombers-sign-receiver-darvin-adams-three-year-extension/

CFL has him listed as a pending free agent: https://www.cfl.ca/fa22#BOMBERS

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2022, 09:26:44 PM »

CFL has him listed as a pending free agent: https://www.cfl.ca/fa22#BOMBERS

Yeah. It's strange. The Bombers release says he's signed through the 2022 season. Maybe that was an error?
the paw

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2022, 09:42:15 PM »

Yeah. It's strange. The Bombers release says he's signed through the 2022 season. Maybe that was an error?

CFL.ca transactions page shows Darvin Adams being released and readded to the roster in January 2021.  That is often the sign of a restructuring.  It?s possible they needed to massage the cap going into the season, and lopped a year off the deal in exchange for a little less money.

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2022, 10:16:19 PM »

CFL.ca transactions page shows Darvin Adams being released and readded to the roster in January 2021.  That is often the sign of a restructuring.  It?s possible they needed to massage the cap going into the season, and lopped a year off the deal in exchange for a little less money.

Yeah we're seeing contradictory info. I'd be happy to see Adams back. Similar to what some of us have said about A. Harris. Taking a lesser role and reduced SMS. That would have made more sense if we were getting Lawler back and he became the # 1 receiver while Adams took a role as the 2nd or 3rd guy. Bailey was becoming better each game and Demski is an important target.

So it depends on who we actually lose or gain as well as changes to SMS whether we need of can afford a given player.

Adams played well in our play off run in particular. Another guy that is a team leader although quiet type.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
TecnoGenius

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2022, 06:19:23 AM »

Williams and Henry from the Riders are both FA's. Henry is a Canadian DL and had a very good year for the Riders. Williams is a big play making receiver.

Ooh Henry.  DT or DE?  If NAT DT, I'm all over that dude!  As I recall, Henry was making monster plays.  If he's DE, guess we could do the Kongbo/Fatboi shuffle with Henry instead of Kongbo.

GC and Die are correct, Adams 100% re-signs in WPG (or retires).  Collaros loves Adams.  Gave him the most props of any receiver all year.  Adams loves WFC.  Everyone loves Adams, and the dude found his hands in 2021.  And in the GC he showed he still has the moves!!  See those doink jukes early in the game?!  Who expected that??

You guys are right, a quiet Adams 2021 contract restructure took his 2-years-left deal to a 1-year.  Always thought it was weird, but I guess it was needed to get the business of '21 to work.

Never go full Rider!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2022, 03:09:36 AM »

Adams will be back

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
DM83

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2022, 02:45:09 PM »

Adams is a pretty good football player.  Not my cup of tea as a deep threat.  Iffy hands a surprising times.  But he does block, and not just 170 pound dbs.  think he might be a solid team leader in the clubhouse. he isn't a pouting guy when he doesn't get the ball, and comes across as a real team first guy, who can make huge plays.  Currently, I think we are OK at Receiver.  But without Andrew and Brady, are e good enough at RB?

Whats the draft like for Cdn receivers?
Jesse

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2022, 03:12:57 PM »

Adams is a pretty good football player.  Not my cup of tea as a deep threat.  Iffy hands a surprising times.  But he does block, and not just 170 pound dbs.  think he might be a solid team leader in the clubhouse. he isn't a pouting guy when he doesn't get the ball, and comes across as a real team first guy, who can make huge plays.  Currently, I think we are OK at Receiver.  But without Andrew and Brady, are e good enough at RB?

Whats the draft like for Cdn receivers?

Brady has signed while Adams has indicated he is not signing.

My wife is amazing!
DM83

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2022, 05:55:16 PM »

Who is Adams?
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2022, 06:29:21 PM »

Who is Adams?

Johnny Adams, he was a Bomber rookie allstar in 2015, he was traded to Hamilton than finished up with the Esks. in 2017.  Grin
Jesse

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2022, 07:12:45 PM »

Johnny Adams, he was a Bomber rookie allstar in 2015, he was traded to Hamilton than finished up with the Esks. in 2017.  Grin

Cheesy

My wife is amazing!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: