Blue Bombers Forum
May 26, 2022, 10:22:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers re-sign future Hall of Fame left tackle Stanley Bryant  (Read 1378 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2022, 01:05:08 PM »

Ya, but is C an in-demand position?  Isn't that the "easiest"?  Have we been underpaying Couture?  Funny thing is I know almost nothing about him personally, never seen a presser, doesn't do interviews, no one quotes him.  He's quite a mystery.  I'll take your word for it he's a flight risk.  We always seem to lose a good hoggie every off-season.

Who would be our C if Couture bails?  Eli?

Eli has the suspension issue with Covid. We could sign him with little or no bonus and see how the travel situations develops by this summer. That would make it a two way risk for team and player.   Failing that maybe we look at Spooner to return?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 01:15:34 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Jesse

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2022, 01:43:49 PM »

Ya, but is C an in-demand position?  Isn't that the "easiest"?  Have we been underpaying Couture?  Funny thing is I know almost nothing about him personally, never seen a presser, doesn't do interviews, no one quotes him.  He's quite a mystery.  I'll take your word for it he's a flight risk.  We always seem to lose a good hoggie every off-season.

Who would be our C if Couture bails?  Eli?

McEwen just signed a 2-year deal worth 190/195. Couture could demand up to that much. Probably even more to a team desperate to fix their OL.

And the reason I'm worried is because we don't have a replacement and we're already likely starting Grey in place of Dejarlais.

My wife is amazing!
Blue In BC

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2022, 02:35:28 PM »

McEwen just signed a 2-year deal worth 190/195. Couture could demand up to that much. Probably even more to a team desperate to fix their OL.

And the reason I'm worried is because we don't have a replacement and we're already likely starting Grey in place of Dejarlais.

Ouch. That's a lot of coin for McEwen. It's early but we're probably going to be down a few Canadians from 2021 roster. We might get a better idea after we sort out what is happening at the RB position and WR with Woli. Then we'll know what's in the budget to refill Canadian spots lost. I don't see many OL in the top 20 draft choices currently listed. Might not be the best draft season to fill the pipeline.

Any word on Dobson yet and is he a center candidate if he arrives at TC?

All that in mind I expect Couture signs in Winnipeg shortly. Wishful thinking maybe but hopes are high. The catch is that he's from Vancouver and they need OL badly although not specifically at C.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 02:42:02 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
RebusRankin

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2022, 04:50:38 PM »

1. Happy Bryant is back.
2. Suspect Couture is back but if not, wonder about bringing back a guy like Cody Speller.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2022, 05:13:14 PM »

Couture is the next signing I would like to see.

IF we get him locked up we should still have the top O-line in the league...a bit thinner in depth but we do have some in the pipeline
Our D-line less the Stove is all back....I feel Kongbo will be back again

That's where games are won and lost, and we have ZC and Biggie to captain each side of the ball. Receiver's and DB's while important are not to level of O and D line. At RB we have three guys who showed they can play I have no doubt at least 1 will be back...
kkc60

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2022, 05:53:24 PM »

1. Happy Bryant is back.
2. Suspect Couture is back but if not, wonder about bringing back a guy like Cody Speller.
I think Kolankowski is at the very least our backup option at center
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2022, 06:59:24 PM »

I think Kolankowski is at the very least our backup option at center

Yah, hopefully he remains a backup this year, he had a bit of game time last year and didn't look ready IMO.
kkc60

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2022, 07:00:40 PM »

Yah, hopefully he remains a backup this year, he had a bit of game time last year and didn't look ready IMO.
Didn't have the chance to watch him but if he didn't look ready, not sure he ever will. He's not exactly young. To be fair, he also hadn't played in years leading up to this season
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2022, 10:07:03 PM »

Couture is the next signing I would like to see.

IF we get him locked up we should still have the top O-line in the league...a bit thinner in depth but we do have some in the pipeline
Our D-line less the Stove is all back....I feel Kongbo will be back again

That's where games are won and lost, and we have ZC and Biggie to captain each side of the ball. Receiver's and DB's while important are not to level of O and D line. At RB we have three guys who showed they can play I have no doubt at least 1 will be back...
Really?  He is still listed as a free agent however  he is a key component of our front 4 and I'd think he should receive a pay increase!    He really helps shut down the oppositions running game!   Like MOS said.. he is a "different kind of animal....very explosive and powerful"on D!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 11:10:26 PM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
Ducky

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2022, 03:29:24 PM »

who are the players you worry most over?    I'm thinking Lawler, Alexander, Bailey for starters

Agreed.  Those 3 are key players.
the paw

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2022, 03:46:42 PM »

Any word on Dobson yet and is he a center candidate if he arrives at

Dobson transferred from Maine to Texas specifically so he could get some game tape in the FBS division to increase his prospects in the NFL draft.  He got noticed, he was an Honourable Mention for the All Sunbelt Team.  He is an absolute load at 330+ pounds, but apparently moves well.

I am not sure he gets drafted, but I think he is extremely likely to get an Undrafted Free Agent offer.  I wouldn't count on him being in camp until 2023.

I think we have a good chance of reupping Couture, but if not, Eli, Speller sand Fontana are all possible centers if they can get their vaccinations sorted out.  I also think moving Neufeld to center and signing an OG in free agency is a possibility.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 07:50:36 PM by the paw » Logged

grab grass 'n growl
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2022, 07:18:09 PM »

Fantastic news!  Best or second-best o-lineman in CFL history (after Walby).
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: